Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ugh. None. Her invisible themysciran vibrator.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ugh. None. Her invisible themysciran vibrator.
    Hahahaha, it trumps all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Martian Manhunter.

This coming from someone who finds Martian Manhunter boring. He's the only one who writers will consistently have treat her with respect. Diana's pansexuality is also often ignored, and it would be nice to see her date an actual alien—not Superman's "is an alien, but looks like a human" type of alien.

The fact that people are choosing Hal "shallow as a bowl of soup", tells me that you are probably ignoring Manhunter because he's "not cool enough".

Besides that she should either date Zatanna or Canary, but only if the two have an established history of being bisexuals—no suddenly turning them gay just to have them date Diana.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

None. Having her date other League members almost always works out horribly for her.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    None. Having her date other League members almost always works out horribly for her.
    Also—its kind of demeaning to ask. Often times she’s the only female on the team. Let’s start making some of the males of the Big 7 gay/bi. We might finally get a good Superman/Batman interaction.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Amazing Member

In fanfiction, Diana and Hawkgirl (Shayera) frequently are an item, but I don't know if she is supposed to be with Hawkman. I don't follow JL very closely...

I don't see how its demeaning to ask. Male characters get shipped with the same frequency as the females do in any fandom in hypothetical conversation.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Also—its kind of demeaning to ask. Often times she’s the only female on the team. Let’s start making some of the males of the Big 7 gay/bi. We might finally get a good Superman/Batman interaction.
    Batman and ... Green Lantern? Their obnoxious personalities and frequent butting of heads is actually hiding their UST? Or Flash and Cyborg if they're true "millennials" who are more ... flexible when it comes to their bedroom partners?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't see how its demeaning to ask. Male characters get shipped with the same frequency as the females do in any fandom in hypothetical conversation.
    Are they though? Most already have paramours in their own solo books. I very rarely see whole threads dedicated to whom they should be with. Batman & Superman? There are 3 threads on the first page of this sub-forum alone, while Batman & Superman each have one on the first page.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

The problem isn't really the shipping (and for all that shipping isn't my style of fannishness, I do note that many dedicated shipper fen take great care with their characters). It's how Diana is written in canon.

In teams, there are traditionally two meta-narrative roles that women take. The first is as the lone exceptional woman, in effect to be a token. The other is as the status symbol for a male character. The (male) leader should have the highest social stats, so he gets a girlfriend.

Diana has mostly been used in the first role in Justice League, while Sue (Invisible Woman) is arguably one of the best examples in comics of a woman in the second role. I don't see how such a switch would be an improvement for Wonder Woman. At least the former role usually gives some more room for agency on her part.

That doesn't mean I'm wholly against Diana dating someone on the Justice League (I rather like the idea of her and Superman having a short romantic relationship shortly after they first met). But I don't trust DC as an institution to handle it well.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Are they though?
    Actually male characters get shipped way more aggressively than the female ones, since the majority of shippers are straight women. The reason why Diana gets these kinds of threads often is probably because she doesn't really have any interesting canonical love interests in her own book.

While I don't think Diana and Hal could have in anyway shape or form a positive romantic relationship, I do like the idea of her dating A green lantern. I don't know if he's available but, Kyle Rayner seems like someone that Diana could date. Imagine the fun an artist like Kyle could have on Themyscira.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Kyle would be weird, he's already been in a serious relationship before with her sister Donna. To me that would be worse cringe as when they had the bad idea to put Kyle with Carol for a while.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kyle would be weird, he's already been in a serious relationship before with her sister Donna. To me that would be worse cringe as when they had the bad idea to put Kyle with Carol for a while.
    I figured that would be an issue, but I also thought past continuity so, it wouldn't technically matter? Maybe Donna is cool with it? or something along those lines. Kyle would really be the only Green Lantern that was in the JL to catch Diana's eye. Hal is... Hal, John seems more of a work friend, Guy Gardener is just a big NOPE, and Jessica/Simon are a thing last I remember (Jessica specifically would be more fan girl than a romantic interest).
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor