Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Superman, Aquaman and Martian ManHunter

Incredible Member

Martian Manhunter. BUT, J'onn assumes an androgynous / feminine form?

I want to say Black Canary or the female Green Lantern, but I don't think BC would be a great fit and I only know Jessica from the DC Superhero Girls cartoon. I don't know if she's a pacifist in the comics like she is in the cartoon, but an Amazon Warrior / Pacifist could be a cool dynamic to explore, especially given Diana's compassionate nature and desire to bring about peace without using her fists, but willingness to fight and kill when necessary.

Can we really call Diana a pacifist? I say this since generally people in this will never use violence. Diana will use violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    None. If it was mandatory, I'd pick Aquaman.
    This.

I really don't want Diana dating anyone outside of her own mythos and setting. I'm cool with the idea that she and Clark dated very briefly early on in their careers, then had an amicable break up. But beyond that brief fling, which should always be "in the past" and not a focus for more than a single issue, I don't want Diana dating anyone who isn't under her own franchise umbrella.

But if it *had* to happen? Arthur seems like the best fit. They have a lot in common, a lot of shared viewpoints...and it'd be a politically smart move for both of them which wouldn't hurt. I think of anyone in the League, he's the best match up.

Hal and Bruce are too full of their own sh*t. I struggle to see why Diana remains friends with Bruce, much less date him. And I don't think she could stomach Hal's machismo.

J'onn is, I think, too reserved. Putting aside everything with his family, he seems like the kind of guy who'd rather sit around the house and read instead of go out. And I think Diana would really enjoy that....for a little while. But she's got too much zest and zeal for life; she wants to be out there, among the people, seeing the sights. I think she'd eventually bored with J'onn, honestly. I love the guy but he's rather dour.

Barry's too quiet and shy. I think, like with J'onn, Diana might find that endearing and cute at first but would eventually tire of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe I'm thinking too much of hook-hand Arthur, but I thought he had grown kinda dark and edgy in his own right, and that it carried over when he both returned to life in Brightest Day and then the New 52 reboot. Last I saw he was pretty happy and carefree with his daughter, but overall I honestly wasn't really thinking of him not a little full of himself in his own right anymore. But then again I am far from an expert on the character and like I said, this could be attributing too much to the past.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-18-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

None of them. Maybe Aquaman if forced to choose, but if she's not dating Steve she should be dating someone like Io or Artemis.

I'd be fine with her and Clark having dated in the past before breaking up and remaining close friends.

Her romance with Batman didn't even work in the DCAU, and that was with a Batman who didn't suck. Maybe because that version of her didn't have much going on? I can't even see some of the more well adjusted versions of Bruce being a good romantic partner for her. Some of them are very believable as a friend, not to the same level as Clark but still close, but even the good ones would probably drive her nuts as a boyfriend.

Hal is out. I would like to see more platonic interactions with him period, and I'd think she'd get along fine with Morrison's Hal (vs. the one Johns depicted in New 52 JL) But much like Bruce I think he'd try her patience pretty quickly if they got romantic. Hell, she may he even try theirs.

Barry is immediate friend zoned. Not that he would mind

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Who should it be? Superman and Batman are off the table due to their marriages.
    Batman is married? Color me surprised. I thought King came up with some BS fake marriage "we don't need a piece of paper" deal between Bats & Catwoman before his unceremonious exit but nothing official.

With Clark, Bruce, and Arthur off the table (due to "marriages") I'll go with J'onn.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

None. I'm tired of DC passing her around the JLA like some arm candy. It's beneath her.

Build up her romance with someone from her corner of the DCU and flesh it out. Wonder Woman's slice of the DC Universe is severely under developed and that's because they keep trying to prop her up with Batman, Superman or Aquaman when Mera's not in the picture.

If this was "gun-to-my-head," I'd let you pull the trigger. I'm willing to die on this hill. Let Diana have a love interest that doesn't already have a stable status quo that doesn't include her. When their status quo resets to ol' reliable, it leaves Diana with nothing and she has to rebuild only for it to shake and get attached to someone else again. It's goddamn awful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Can we really call Diana a pacifist? I say this since generally people in this will never use violence. Diana will use violence.
    I wasn't clear - I was referring to Jessica / Green Lantern as the "pacifist" in any pairing. But, just based on watching a couple of episodes of DC Superhero Girls V2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    He was featured in the first arc of Justice League Task Force, and was a member of the JLA as Batman during James Robinson's run.
    He was also leader of a League team-as the usual team gets lost in the "Obsidian Age"-with Green Arrow,The Atom,Hawkgirl,Major Disater,Faith,Firestorm and Jason Blood.

To answer the question- ...how about Maxima? She was arrogant but even if that's still true Diana could obviously be the rational one to balance out things.

Fantastic Member

There's only one member of the league WW should date in my eyes!! But you took him off the board!! Superman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maybe I'm thinking too much of hook-hand Arthur, but I thought he had grown kinda dark and edgy in his own right, and that it carried over when he both returned to life in Brightest Day and then the New 52 reboot. Last I saw he was pretty happy and carefree with his daughter, but overall I honestly wasn't really thinking of him not a little full of himself in his own right anymore. But then again I am far from an expert on the character and like I said, this could be attributing too much to the past.
    Orin was pretty angsty in the 90's, yeah. He can still brood with the best of them but he's largely grown out of it though. And he is little full of himself, but he kinda has to be; he's a king. I think you gotta have some ego if you wear a crown, otherwise the burden of responsibility would crush you. Especially if you rule Atlantis and you're trying to get them to join the rest of the world against their own ancient prejudices. So he's full of himself, but not in the same way Bruce or Hal are. And I honestly think Orin's ego is of a similar kind as Diana's. And yeah, Diana has an ego; she's humble and whatnot, but she also knows her own worth and what she brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    o answer the question- ...how about Maxima? She was arrogant but even if that's still true Diana could obviously be the rational one to balance out things.
    I feel like back in the day when she was with the League, Maxima expressed some homophobic viewpoints so I don't see that working. If you mean the New52 version who was gay, isn't she a teenager, around the same age as Supergirl was? Seems a bit young for Diana.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nobody.

Let her have her own supporting cast.

Incredible Member

I feel like back in the day when she was with the League, Maxima expressed some homophobic viewpoints so I don't see that working. If you mean the New52 version who was gay, isn't she a teenager, around the same age as Supergirl was? Seems a bit young for Diana.[/QUOTE]

Did not know about either of those things. Sorry.

How about Captain America? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Did not know about either of those things. Sorry.

How about Captain America? lol
    Eh, the "Maxima is homophobic" deal was just like, a single issue of some random JL book I think. I never read it, I've just seen a scan or two. And outside of that I'm not sure if Maxima ever commented on the topic at all.

Captain America, in all seriousness, would probably be a pretty good match. Which is why I've suggested Steve Trevor should be written with Chris Evans' Cap in mind.

~ Black Panther.