Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That feeling when you dip into the Qwardian universe for a pack of smokes and come back to find out it's been over thousand years.
    Right??? Like chewing 5 gum.
    But something along those lines.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,115

    Default

    Plenty of emotions / feelings not covered. Joy. Hate. Sadness / Sorrow / Depression. Serenity. Doubt. Anxiety (although that might just be low grade fear). And since non-emotions like Willpower, Life and Death are possible, for all we could know it could be a concept like 'Creativity' or 'Matter' or 'Spacetime' or 'Unity.'

    Since Ultra Boy, Brainiac 5 *and* the spellcaster chick who may be White Witch or Amethyst 3000, have been shown creating energy constructs / colored walls of force in the last five issues, I'm not sure what a 'Lantern' really offers here.

    It would be funny if he had some unrelated light powers (and chose to make them consistently gold, even though he can generate other colors of light, if he wants), didn't make constructs at all, and just had a normal Flight Ring that was dummied up to look like a 'Lantern Ring' because he's a 30th century cosplayer / Lantern Corps fanboi. It'd be a bait-and-switch for anyone wanting a 'Green Lantern' on the Legion, perhaps (other than the one we briefly had, Rond Vidar), but still, amusing to long-term Legion fans, who don't care if the Legion never has a Bat, or an Atlantean, or an Amazon, or a Lantern, Fate, Thanagarian, Plant Elemental, Shazam, Flashster, Tornado Robot, whatever.

  3. #33
    Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Anyone liking Bendis on Legion of Super-Heroes? And has anyone else heard about a Gold Lantern? What part of the "emotional spectrum" is gold? lol
    I don't know what part of the "emotional spectrum" is gold, but I know the next Bendis' creation: the Rainbow Lanterns Corp, for the ones who suffer of mood swing.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I don't know what part of the "emotional spectrum" is gold, but I know the next Bendis' creation: the Rainbow Lanterns Corp, for the ones who suffer of mood swing.
    We already have Rainbow Girl for that.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

    This adds insult to injury because Bendis has what looks to be a racebent Lightning Lad who steals one of Zatswan's most identifying physical attributes, which is being a black man with an eye that is one color, and another that is a different color.
    It's the coloring on the cover. It's never been highlighted or show in the comic itself. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill without even looking into what you're making an argument against.
    Last Read: Miles Morales: Spider-Man vol. 2: Bring on the Bad Guys
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's the coloring on the cover. It's never been highlighted or show in the comic itself. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill without even looking into what you're making an argument against.
    You're saying that is a coloring defect? If that is so, why have I seen it in more than one image? That is not even the first picture I saw that in.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Heheh, here we go...



    I'm pretty sure this isn't an accident, or anything like that. Also, that would be one hell of a coincidence, I would say...
    Couldn't give one of your numerous white characters or aliens different colored eyes? It just had to be the black guy? I'd never seen anything like that on any black comic book character, ever. Well, until Zatswan, that is. And...then this guy who came pretty shortly after.

    I wouldn't say I'm making a huge deal about this, because I could have said something months ago, but chose not to.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-19-2020 at 07:13 AM.

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Yes, it's a coincidence. You only noticed it because you created a character with that feature. If you had created a green character with blue hair, you'd become keenly aware of a green character with blue hair popping up someplace. I'm working on my own little Legion fanfic and I was thinking to reveal that my Danielle Foccart /Computo was a digital entity, but then Bendis did it and no, he didn't read my mind, ideas just come up - there have been three or four "coincidences" of stuff I came up with that I ended up seeing in a comic before I put it out and it's weird, but it happens.

  9. #39
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm making a huge deal about this, because I could have said something months ago, but chose not to.
    What if the two eye color thing is a Winath trait because of their tendency to be born in sets of two? Not to say that Lightning Lad isn't a visual ripoff, but there may be reasons which have nothing to do with Zatswan.

  10. #40
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    From a contemporary story standpoint, no Lanterns and no Lantern presence makes no sense. And this is especially so since, as mentioned, there are far more Lanterns than just Green and Yellow, not to mention how much Lantern influence the DC universe has.
    I mostly agree, but considering how many times the GLC has been nearly wiped out in the modern era, I can believe that they're all dust by the 31st century. I mean, the Corps was nearly destroyed...twice?....before Hal became Parallax, then destroyed when Hal did become Parallax, and since then we've seen half the Corps sent to other dimensions and I don't know what else. I could believe they're gone by the Legion's time. Hell, the Guardians are so bad at their jobs I could believe they just eventually disbanded the Corps and said "We're sick of this, to hell with it."

    Now, that said, I *want* there to be Lanterns in the future. I don't think it's a concept that should be removed even if it could be explained in a semi-rational way.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #41
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    but still, amusing to long-term Legion fans, who don't care if the Legion never has a Bat, or an Atlantean, or an Amazon, or a Lantern, Fate, Thanagarian, Plant Elemental, Shazam, Flashster, Tornado Robot, whatever.
    Long time fans don't care, and I'm not overly concerned about it either way personally, but I do think it's in the Legion's best interests to have a few legacies out there. Just from the business side of things, yknow? I don't think the book should go overboard with it, there's no need to repeat JL3K, but stuff like a Fate or a Flash or a Shazam? Sure, the Legion could benefit from having ties to "today's" DCU like that.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  12. #42
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As for me personally, I'm going into this with a negative feeling, although not as deep as hate. One of the problems with Bendis' Legion is the reliance on current-day DC concepts like Robin, Thorn, Aquaman's trident, etc. Another color in the emotional spectrum is an idea I'd rather see in the Lantern book(s), at least in the 21st century.

    As for an infra-red lantern, there is no way an ultra-violet lantern gets written without an infra-red one as well. The phrase "That's Hot" - Paris Hilton would go on the first cover.
    I disagree only because if a Gold Lantern was to come out of the GL books directly, good chance it gets buried without the opportunity for organic development in the DC universe.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Heheh, here we go...



    I'm pretty sure this isn't an accident, or anything like that. Also, that would be one hell of a coincidence, I would say...
    Couldn't give one of your numerous white characters or aliens different colored eyes? It just had to be the black guy? I'd never seen anything like that on any black comic book character, ever. Well, until Zatswan, that is. And...then this guy who came pretty shortly after.

    I wouldn't say I'm making a huge deal about this, because I could have said something months ago, but chose not to.
    At this point I'll give congrats on have any black heroes in the future. DC's batting average is in the gutter far as the present is concerned.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What if the two eye color thing is a Winath trait because of their tendency to be born in sets of two? Not to say that Lightning Lad isn't a visual ripoff, but there may be reasons which have nothing to do with Zatswan.
    That's a great idea if the eye color assignment is reversed, so if one twin has a blue left eye, the other has one on the right. I like it a lot.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Long time fans don't care, and I'm not overly concerned about it either way personally, but I do think it's in the Legion's best interests to have a few legacies out there. Just from the business side of things, yknow? I don't think the book should go overboard with it, there's no need to repeat JL3K, but stuff like a Fate or a Flash or a Shazam? Sure, the Legion could benefit from having ties to "today's" DCU like that.
    You have to be really careful not to make the ties to tight though. We all know what happened to the Legion when Superboy was written out. Loose ties are fine and there have been many over the years. We have seen Dr. Fate touched on. There have been Flash and Shazam ties in the past too along with Green Lanterns. A good example of why ties can't be too tight is XS. Her whole backstory was messed up when DC brought back Barry. If Barry never went to the future and then died in Crisis then he and Iris never had kids who in turn never had kids of their own who became XS and Impulse. I have no idea how Bendis has explanined how Bart exists in Young Justice (and knowing Bendis he probably hasn't) when he and XS should not exists in the current DCU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •