Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Infra red? Is there one of those or you guys joking? Will there be an x ray lantern then? lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So, in a serious answer, from what I've read the emotional spectrum for the Gold Lantern is Joy. They probably won't say 100% until he shows up on the comic, though.

I also don't know why this is getting hate but I can't remember people getting worked up when Snyder made an Ultraviolet Lantern. I guess Snyder has earned more faith with fans (although I personally fail to see why) so they don't insta-hate like with Bendis.
    Joy,huh? That's as good as any of the others including "willpower" and "death" as emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As for me personally, I'm going into this with a negative feeling, although not as deep as hate. One of the problems with Bendis' Legion is the reliance on current-day DC concepts like Robin, Thorn, Aquaman's trident, etc. Another color in the emotional spectrum is an idea I'd rather see in the Lantern book(s), at least in the 21st century.

As for an infra-red lantern, there is no way an ultra-violet lantern gets written without an infra-red one as well. The phrase "That's Hot" - Paris Hilton would go on the first cover.
    I mean that’s why I kind of like Bendis’ Legion, it kind of makes sense to me that even in the future given the literal hundreds of meta humans, aliens, Atlantians, magicians, demons, multidimensional beings, lanterns, and just acrobats in a mask that it would live on and have some impact to future history, either by inspiration or still playing an active role. So I like the idea that Aquaman's trident has become something on legend, that there is still lanterns, and that someone of an alien species became the new Dr. Fate.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I do not appreciate Gold Lantern because he is a visual rip off of the character Zatswan.

This adds insult to injury because Bendis has what looks to be a racebent Lightning Lad who steals one of Zatswan's most identifying physical attributes, which is being a black man with an eye that is one color, and another that is a different color.

I think this pretty cheap and disappointing, because Zatswan was specifically designed not to look like 98% of other black men in comics, who more or less all look the same with the only difference among them sometimes being a bald head and facial hair. Yet, it seems Zatswan's identifying attributes are being taken and divvied up between Bendis' new black guys.

I mean, his Miles Morales character is mixed. He had an opportunity to create a different looking character, but he defaulted to that generic black guy look. Yet, now, after Zatswan, he's doing this!?

It's pretty strange to me, and it's not like I'm on the look out for things like this, but when I see them, I do notice.
    Sorry. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I honestly can't see the resemblance beyond the skin color and maybe the hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sorry. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I honestly can't see the resemblance beyond the skin color and maybe the hair?
    I think he just wants to take the opportunity to promote his own thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Infra red? Is there one of those or you guys joking? Will there be an x ray lantern then? lol
    We already have Ultraviolet, Infrared shouldn't be too far behind. An invisible/hidden corps could be cool with the right writer behind it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I would be more on board if this is somehow connected to the invisible/hidden spectrum because Snyder never expanded on that but overall I'm mildly intrigued by the idea; not super interested but keeping an eye out.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Has it been stated he is connected to Lantern Corps i haven't been following? If not it could be he is not even related to a corp and his ring is a focus for internal powers somewhat like Marvel's El Aguila's sword was a focus for his mutant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So, in a serious answer, from what I've read the emotional spectrum for the Gold Lantern is Joy. They probably won't say 100% until he shows up on the comic, though.

I also don't know why this is getting hate but I can't remember people getting worked up when Snyder made an Ultraviolet Lantern. I guess Snyder has earned more faith with fans (although I personally fail to see why) so they don't insta-hate like with Bendis.
    Snyder got a fair bit of hate around here when he did the invisible spectrum, but it seemed to die down really fast.

So, Joy huh? Sure, why not? No more ridiculous than the others I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m interested but really only because I’ve always thought it odd in some iterations of the Legion the lantern corps were just not involved
    I'm no Legion expert, but from what I understand, the GLC was wiped out at some point between the Legion's past and our future. Might have been during the Great Disaster maybe? Of course, that was for the "classic" setup where there was only the Greens and Sinestro's one yellow ring. I'm not sure what reason has been given for the other Corps not surviving, though I don't think any Legion book has lasted long enough since Johns created the emotional spectrum for the Legion to get into what happened to them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I'm no Legion expert, but from what I understand, the GLC was wiped out at some point between the Legion's past and our future. Might have been during the Great Disaster maybe? Of course, that was for the "classic" setup where there was only the Greens and Sinestro's one yellow ring. I'm not sure what reason has been given for the other Corps not surviving, though I don't think any Legion book has lasted long enough since Johns created the emotional spectrum for the Legion to get into what happened to them.
    I get the feeling that the reason the "classic" Legion take has no Lanterns in its world building is simply because the creative teams back then writing the Legion forgot to include any Lantern related aspects. They realized this eventually and wrote in a handwaved explanation of why. From a contemporary story standpoint, no Lanterns and no Lantern presence makes no sense. And this is especially so since, as mentioned, there are far more Lanterns than just Green and Yellow, not to mention how much Lantern influence the DC universe has.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    We already have Ultraviolet, Infrared shouldn't be too far behind. An invisible/hidden corps could be cool with the right writer behind it.
    True. Wonder if they'd be an evil corps though? Obviously,invisibility would lead to great assassins.

Astonishing Member

So, no Rond Vidar?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I do not appreciate Gold Lantern because he is a visual rip off of the character Zatswan.

This adds insult to injury because Bendis has what looks to be a racebent Lightning Lad who steals one of Zatswan's most identifying physical attributes, which is being a black man with an eye that is one color, and another that is a different color.

I think this pretty cheap and disappointing, because Zatswan was specifically designed not to look like 98% of other black men in comics, who more or less all look the same with the only difference among them sometimes being a bald head and facial hair. Yet, it seems Zatswan's identifying attributes are being taken and divvied up between Bendis' new black guys.

I mean, his Miles Morales character is mixed. He had an opportunity to create a different looking character, but he defaulted to that generic black guy look. Yet, now, after Zatswan, he's doing this!?

It's pretty strange to me, and it's not like I'm on the look out for things like this, but when I see them, I do notice.
    It's a reach to say giving a character heterochromia, a real world condition, is stealing from a webcomic. I guess because Zatswan did it then no black character can have heterochromia again. Come on, dude.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-19-2020 at 02:03 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It'd be funny if "Gold" was just yellow, but Gold Lantern doesn't want to be associated with the Sinestro Corps.
    Stand back and look at it and that would be a BRILLIANT take. Especially if he was "pretending" to be powered by joy... It also makes a lot of sense that the yellow qwardian ring might still be around or recreated in the future. Alternatvely, time works different on the Qwardian universe and he walk in and picks it up in their time shortly after the last yellow lantern puts it down.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Stand back and look at it and that would be a BRILLIANT take. Especially if he was "pretending" to be powered by joy... It also makes a lot of sense that the yellow qwardian ring might still be around or recreated in the future. Alternatvely, time works different on the Qwardian universe and he walk in and picks it up in their time shortly after the last yellow lantern puts it down.
    That feeling when you dip into the Qwardian universe for a pack of smokes and come back to find out it's been over thousand years.