Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default How long was each Robin active in current continuity?

In current continuity, how long was each Robin active in the role?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It’s a general age range because we don’t really know exact answers

Dick- I’m gonna assume that he had at least 10 years as Robin before being Nightwing at I’m assuming 18 or older.
    Jason and Tim- I’m assuming 5 years for each. Jason’s hard to say because he died and then came back later and Tim’s currently I think 17/18(?).
    Damian- I’m gonna say about 3, I think it was said he was 10 when he showed up and Rebirth said he was 13 and it’s been some time since then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

The way I see it, Dick becomes Robin around age 12, and becomes Nightwing around age 19...so roughly 7 years.

I think Jason was only Robin for about a year or two (starting at 12-13 and being killed of around 14)

Tim I think becomes Robin at around age 13, and he becomes Red Robin around 17-18, so that's 4-5 years.

Damien started out as Robin at age 10, and I'm guessing he's currently around 13-14, so its been 3-4 years.

I don't think they're working under the assumption it was one year per Robin like during the New 52 at least.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Current Rebirth or the new 4 Generations timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Current Rebirth or the new 4 Generations timeline?
    Both, please.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s a general age range because we don’t really know exact answers

Dick- I’m gonna assume that he had at least 10 years as Robin before being Nightwing at I’m assuming 18 or older.
    Jason and Tim- I’m assuming 5 years for each. Jason’s hard to say because he died and then came back later and Tim’s currently I think 17/18(?).
    Damian- I’m gonna say about 3, I think it was said he was 10 when he showed up and Rebirth said he was 13 and it’s been some time since then.
    I dont find it anymore, but as far as I remember there were rumors that when 5G happens Tim Drake should have been the one who spend most time as Robin.
    So Tim Drake being longer Robin than Dick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Both, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont find it anymore, but as far as I remember there were rumors that when 5G happens Tim Drake should have been the one who spend most time as Robin.
    So Tim Drake being longer Robin than Dick.
    I have the supposed reconstructed leaked wip timeline slides.
    G2timeline.jpg
    G3timeline.jpg
    G4timeline.jpg
    The ages the robins start at isn't given but
    Dick debuts as Robin in G2 Year 3. He becomes Nightwing in G2 Year 15. So that's 12 years as Robin
    Jason Todd becomes Robin in G2 Year 15. He dies in G3 Year 2. He reemerges as Red Hood in G3 Year 10. Only 2-3 years as Robin.
    Tim becomes Robin in G3 Year 4. He becomes Red Robin in G3 Year 14. So ten Years as Robin.
    Damian debuts in G3 Year 14, but doesn't become robin until G4 Year 1. G4 has 4-5 Years listed so that's his Robin Career

There's a lot of oddities/errors/things in that make me scratch my head about this supposed time line. It should also be known that rumors have that they've abandoned the idea of a semi-real time thing represented by this timeline. So who knows what we might end up with.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 05-19-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Imo the G5 timeline is also not making much more sense then the "everybody was Robin for just one year" New 52 timeline.
    The 52 timeline was to short and G5 timeline is about 10 years to long.

And there are some really wired inconsistencies with the comics in the G5 timeline.
    I the comics Killing Joke happens before Death in the Family (and is even referenced in the story), and Lonely Place of Dying is set only a few month after Death in the Family and not two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Both, please.

There is no clear timeline for Rebirth except for Damian who started as Robin at 10 and now 13

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I have the supposed reconstructed leaked WIP timeline slides.
    G2timeline.jpg
    G3timeline.jpg
    G4timeline.jpg
    Dick debuts as Robin in G2 Year 3. He becomes Nightwing in G2 Year 15. So that's 12 years as Robin
    Jason Todd becomes Robin in G2 Year 15. He dies in G3 Year 2. He reemerges as Red Hood in G3 Year 10. Only 2-3 years as Robin.
    Tim becomes Robin in G3 Year 4. He becomes Red Robin in G3 Year 10. So six Years as Robin.
    Damian debuts in G3 Year 10, but doesn't become robin until G4 Year 1. G4 has 4-5 Years listed so that's his Robin Career

There's a lot of oddities/errors/things in that make me scratch my head about this supposed time line. It should also be known that rumors have that they've abandoned the idea of a semi-real time thing represented by this timeline. So who knows what we might end up with.
    Yes, I think they said the columns no longer represent real years.

They can't represent real years, Bruce would be in his 40's then if he's has 20 years of Robins.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They can't represent real years, Bruce would be in his 40's then if he's has 20 years of Robins.
    At this point, I'm fine with Bruce being in his forties. I'd rather he be a little older than lose scores and scores of stories and lifetime experiences. Moreover, these days, forties don't seem to be as old as they did a generation or two ago.

Oh no. The horror. The agony. The heresy. How dare a physically fit person be over 35!

They can't represent real years, Bruce would be in his 40's then if he has 20 years of Robins.
    Not even 20. The new timeline as it is says he's been Batman for 35 years as of Hell Arisen, starting from the age of about 21. He has 32 years of Robins.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Tim becomes Robin in G3 Year 4. He becomes Red Robin in G3 Year 10. So six Years as Robin.
    Damian debuts in G3 Year 10, but doesn't become robin until G4 Year 1. G4 has 4-5 Years listed so that's his Robin Career

The latest RUMOR which I found was that TIM DRAKE was the one who was LONGEST Robin.
    More than 10 years before Damian appeared, even LONGER than DICK.