Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not even 20. The new timeline as it is says he's been Batman for 35 years as of Hell Arisen, starting from the age of about 21. He has 32 years of Robins.
    Typically Bruce is about 25 when he starts as Batman, die G5 timeline would put his into his 50s and Dick would be close to 40.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Typically Bruce is about 25 when he starts as Batman, die G5 timeline would put his into his 50s and Dick would be close to 40.
    Actually even older...
    According to Rumors which I heard Tim was Robin for 10 years, before Damian appeared.

And according to these rumors BRUCE and CLARK are 60!! there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    The latest RUMOR which I found was that TIM DRAKE was the one who was LONGEST Robin.
    More than 10 years before Damian appeared, even LONGER than DICK.
    Realized I messed up reading and transcribing the charts and made some corrections, but according to the charts I saved, Dick is still Robin for "12 years"(G2Y3-G1Y15). Tim is Robin "10 years" from G2Y4 to G2Y14. Also realized The charts size got reduced dramatically when I made them attachments on the forums here. Here they are on my drive in more readable quality.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jle...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_6...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcU...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2x...ew?usp=sharing

There are some other incongruities between this timeline and real world publication. Tim becomes Red Robin two years before Damian becomes Robin. Final Crisis and Batman RIP are completely left excised. Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin happen after Blackest Night and Flashpoint. Kate becomes Batwoman before Infinite crisis instead of after. Barbara returns to Batgirl the year after Infinite Crisis instead of at the beginning of G4. Stephanie's time as Batgirl is completely excised. I really don't understand all these divergences. And that's just as far as the Batfamily. I'm not the one who made this time line, I just found it and saved it for reference.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Usually yes, but if I remember correctly G1 is 25 years long and Bruce was born a few years after the beginning so it put his age as 20-21 at the start of G2 when he becomes Batman.

Actually even older...
    According to Rumors which I heard Tim was Robin for 10 years before Damian appeared.

And according to these rumors, BRUCE and CLARK are 60!! there.
    G3 is 15 years. Tim started about 3 years into G3 and become Red Robin before Damian start as Robin at the beginning of G4 so 10 years is about right.

60 years is the total time-lapse of G1 to G4. Clark was born at the beginning of G1 so he is 60 but it matters less to him since he ages slower.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    There are some other incongruities between this timeline and real world publication. Tim becomes Red Robin two years before Damian becomes Robin. Final Crisis and Batman RIP are completely left excised. Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin happen after Blackest Night and Flashpoint. Kate becomes Batwoman before Infinite crisis instead of after. Barbara returns to Batgirl the year after Infinite Crisis instead of at the beginning of G4. Stephanie's time as Batgirl is completely excised. I really don't understand all these divergences. And that's just as far as the Batfamily. I'm not the one who made this time line, I just found it and saved it for reference.
    The timeline has also Tim becoming Robin after Knightfall, and Killing Joke after Death in the Family.

The wried thing is that some of these changes stretch out the time line in comparison to the actual comics, while they usually they always tried to shorten the timeline.I don't see why there are for exaple two yera between Knighfall and No Man's Land, and why there is year between Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis (I would probably put them in the same year). I mean the Bombing of Blüdhaeven is even in UtRH, which puts it right at the beginning of Infinite Crisis, and the story also referenced what happened in Identity Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Realized I messed up reading and transcribing the charts and made some corrections, but according to the charts I saved, Dick is still Robin for "12 years"(G2Y3-G1Y15). Tim is Robin "10 years" from G2Y4 to G2Y14. Also realized The charts size got reduced dramatically when I made them attachments on the forums here. Here they are on my drive in more readable quality.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jle...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_6...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcU...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2x...ew?usp=sharing

How hard would it be to simply say that Steph gave up the Batgirl mantle and reverted to being Spoiler because Barbara got the use of her legs back and resumed the role? Excising it is unnecessary - especially when Dick's second stint as Batman and Damian's debut as Robin were in the same time frame.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oh no. The horror. The agony. The heresy. How dare a physically fit person be over 35!
    Zero to do with fitness, and everything to do with timelines. DC tried to age him under 30 in New 52. 35 works and has worked for a long time.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The latest RUMOR which I found was that TIM DRAKE was the one who was LONGEST Robin.
    More than 10 years before Damian appeared, even LONGER than DICK.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Zero to do with fitness, and everything to do with timelines. DC tried to age him under 30 in New 52. 35 works and has worked for a long time.
    Bruce in the present will be eternally 38 to me.

Does anyone know how old Dick was when he was adopted by Bruce at Batman: Dark Victory?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Usually yes, but if I remember correctly G1 is 25 years long and Bruce was born a few years after the beginning so it put his age as 20-21 at the start of G2 when he becomes Batman.

G3 is 15 years. Tim started about 3 years into G3 and become Red Robin before Damian start as Robin at the beginning of G4 so 10 years is about right.

60 years is the total time-lapse of G1 to G4. Clark was born at the beginning of G1 so he is 60 but it matters less to him since he ages slower.
    Ok, how old are Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart according to this?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler View Post
    Does anyone know how old Dick was when he was adopted by Bruce at Batman: Dark Victory?
    Dark Victory doesn't really give an indication about his age.

"Robin: Year One" (that would be set roughly a year after Dark Victory) shows him joining middle school, but all the other kids seem already to go to that school for some time, so he probably 7th or 8th grade and roughly 12-13 at that point (and 11-12 in Dark Victory).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ok, how old are Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart according to this?
    No idea. In the Superbatfam only Bruce, Clark, Damian and Jon were given birth years

Dark Victory doesn't really give an indication about his age.

"Robin: Year One" (that would be set roughly a year after Dark Victory) shows him joining middle school, but all the other kids seem already to go to that school for some time, so he probably 7th or 8th grade and roughly 12-13 at that point (and 11-12 in Dark Victory).
    Yes, probably 12 at Dark Victory (although he says at his parents' grave, "He's...lost his parents at roughly the same age that I", seeing that Bruce lost his parents at 8 more or less, that's not so accurate by Bruce), Bruce probably was 30 (around four years after he started as Batman when he was 26 in Batman Year One).

Extraordinary Member

I'm anyway not sure if Dark Victory was really written to be continuity, and how much the witters were really paying attention what was continuity.

I'm anyway not sure if Dark Victory was really written to be continuity, and how much the witters were really paying attention what was continuity.
    Well, it's in the modern timeline I've been building since last year, some inconsistencies as I'm sure any of us would predict, but they are so few considering hundreds of editions that it contains.