Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I think the Original Sin was the start of the Silver Age super heroes. That was the sin. Stan Lee was the architect, with the help of his collaborators Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko and others. But the Original Sin was to imbue Stans heroes with weaknesses and clay feet, a thing super heroes were not supposed to be imbued with. So now, Stans Original Sin has come home to roost, in the form of a distortion between what is a hero and what is a villain.
    thats the sad state in alot of comics right now.

Sorry this is late, wandered away from the forums for a bit, just checking up on my previous post here...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If this is the case, something about Loki, was Aaron thinking of this when he had King Thor mention something about killing Loki or something to Now Thor way back during the God Bomb arc?
    I had forgotten about that, went back to look it up. A couple things. King Thor said "Kill your bastard brother the first chance you get" and while yes, given their history, Loki is the most likely brother for him to be talking about by far, Thor DOES have more than one brother... they are mostly dead, I think besides Loki, only Hermod is still alive (Loki has him in his cell phone contacts, anyway) and he is rarely mentioned, but still. I mean, the word 'bastard' may be relevant, not just be a random insult. Loki is not a bastard, merely adopted. One of his other brothers, Vidar, actually IS a bastard. He's currently dead, I think, but... not like Thor and Loki haven't been brought back to life on a number of occasions. Just saying, the wording is vague enough that it may have been a red herring, we are supposed to think Loki when he meant one of the others. But if it is Loki he is talking about, it seems an odd thing for him to say, since if I am right, then it's murderous thoughts towards his brother that cause him to become unworthy. Killing Loki is not going to make him worthy again, forgiving him will, as sappy as that sounds. But it is something he has always done in the past, no matter how irrational it seemed, no matter how much others told him not to trust Loki, Thor ALWAYS held out hope that Loki could be redeemed. (and was proven right, no less!) but this IS 'the crime that will not be forgiven' and all.

Also, Future Loki isn't dead, he's just hanging out in the past making his younger self miserable and trying to get him to go down the path that will make him evil again in the future... but I suppose we are dealing with a VERY long timeframe, at least 10,000 years, there's no telling when Future Loki came from in relation to the future we saw in Thor, though his flash-forward did include Thor's granddaughters. Maybe King Thor meant killing Future Loki?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I brought this up in the thread about Thor being Unworthy, but I thought I'd post it here to see what others thought of it

Maybe Nick told Thor what happened to Kid Loki and the shock caused him to be unworthy, probably because he didn't know he was helping Kid Loki's killer.
    I brought this up a couple pages before your post. I think this is definitely the most likely possibility, especially given the recent solicits for Axis which have Loki and Thor fighting again. It saddens me, but it had to be addressed sooner or later.