Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Thor sholdn't be unworthy because of what he knows, he should be unworthy because of what he did. Thor should still be unable to use the Hammer even if he cant remember why.

If Thor could mindwipe himself and fix the issue, he could get it taken care of in no time at all.
    Its got to be the acts that King Thor commited in that future-timeline. King Thor killed the Avengers and had Asgard rule the Earth. He was not able to lift Mjolnir since that day. His son could, how ever.

Anyways, future King Thor merged with the current timeline Thor in order to prevent the horrors that occured during that time line (google Zarkko, Magni).
    That part of Thor is still within the Odinson, and possibly awoken. That part of him was unworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    Have you been reading the Original Sin issues?

Some lost memory of something unworthy he did and Fury reminded him?
    Actually, I've been avoiding original sin like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    On my I-phone I hit reply with quote, then read the quote in the reply, and then I cancel the post. I couldn't find any other way around it. I imagine the I-pad is similar to the I-phone.

I have to say, I normally try not to be too negative about stories....but I'm glad I decided to sit this event out. It sounds like there are some cool concepts and ideas, but the execution just seems off. I like most of what I've read by Aaron, but this sounds like it is not my cup of tea.
    This reads better than any Jason Aaron story I've read, but does it need an Event? This could have been done in the Avengers. I really don't know this has that much punch to it to be an Event.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    No. The relatively new Doctor Midas-- enemy of Noh-Varr and father of his girlfriend.
    That reads like Doctor Midas is dating his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I can't help but think this female Thor thing all starts with this.
    Maybe Noh-Varrs girlfriend picks up the hammer?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    Its got to be the acts that King Thor commited in that future-timeline. King Thor killed the Avengers and had Asgard rule the Earth. He was not able to lift Mjolnir since that day. His son could, how ever.

Anyways, future King Thor merged with the current timeline Thor in order to prevent the horrors that occured during that time line (google Zarkko, Magni).
    That part of Thor is still within the Odinson, and possibly awoken. That part of him was unworthy.
    I'm not clear on what mean by "that part" of Thor--Thor was never "separated" from himself during that run (so there was no actual "merge" to speak of) and he was worthy at the end of it when he removed that timeline. So I don't think this could be it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I actually think this Event has been a lot of weird fun. Some of it doesn't make sense and can be a tad idiotic, but I can say I'm not only enjoying the main event but also the tie-ins.
    Agreed. This event has been a fun one and mostly I love the general nuttiness of it. You know, you've got scenes like Spidey in a space suit webbing the Watcher's two floating eyeballs before they float away. It's absurd, pulpy moments like this that have endeared OS to me.

Glad I avoided this story. I wonder how high these guys get at the creator summits.

Extraordinary Member

This was better than the last few issues. Sure, the recruits are still sitting around bickering and the Avengers just seem to be bumbling about in space beating up an old man, but it was fun to see Old Man Fury show he was still always one step ahead of them and finally we get back to the whole point of the story: what happened to The Watcher!

the original sin in this series is that guns are SO over powered..
    need to kill some demons in the netherworld , blow hulk away or kill the watcher but you don't have the powers required? HAVE A GUN(or rocket launcher)!

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Tanner View Post
    - During the Thor/Fury fight, Fury tells him he has a sister and then whispers something too him that causes him and his hammer to fall and he is now unworthy to lift Mjolnir.

He said "And you ****ed her."

Welcome to the modern age, kids!
    It's even more fun if you imagine Stan Lee delivering this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    This reads better than any Jason Aaron story I've read, but does it need an Event? This could have been done in the Avengers. I really don't know this has that much punch to it to be an Event.
    b4pc8.jpg
    marvel right now

BANNED

Sounds terrible. Glad I dropped this when I did. Why would Fury do that to Thor? Pointless.

What a train wreck. It's almost becoming entertaining to see how bad this thing gets before it ends. And I'd love for Marvel to figure out a way to explain how this fits into continuity considering over in Avengers they're running through time, over in New Avengers they're killing worlds, over in Captain America, Steve is as old as Fury has become in Original Sin, then you have the events from Uncanny Avengers to also fit in somewhere...

No wonder they're doing a reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Sounds terrible. Glad I dropped this when I did. Why would Fury do that to Thor? Pointless.

What a train wreck. It's almost becoming entertaining to see how bad this thing gets before it ends. And I'd love for Marvel to figure out a way to explain how this fits into continuity considering over in Avengers they're running through time, over in New Avengers they're killing worlds, over in Captain America, Steve is as old as Fury has become in Original Sin, then you have the events from Uncanny Avengers to also fit in somewhere...

No wonder they're doing a reboot.
    Why would Fury do that to Thor? Because it's the only way for an aged Nick to stop Thor from putting him down for the count? Pretty easy to figure.

As for where this fits into continuity, answer would be...somewhere. Until the story is over, we won't know exactly where it goes in relation to other stories but I'm sure it's something that those involved on the creative end are fully cognizant of.

Well I liked this issue, despite the negative response from most of the thread about this. What I got out of this was that not only Thor was told a secret that made Thor lose his hammer, but Tony Stark was told a secret that made him leave the fight to return to Earth in a panic. But the biggest secret was what the Orb mentioned, in that now he know the Watchers biggest secret. That secret is going to be what this whole Event is going to come down too. Fury dead, Thor loses his hammer, and the Watcher will have been doing something that is going to be rock the Earth. Whatever Fury has done, I hope that comes to light as well, because Nick had told Matilda to tell them everything he's done and why it had to be done.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.