Default Other shows that deserve a "Lower Deck"

Apparently "X-Files" is getting an animated show starring B-list agents investigating the paranormal, similar to how Star Trek has "Lower Decks." I'm sure there will be a bunch of references to Mulder and Scully and other denizens of that universe etc. to stroke our nostalgia bone.

What other shows would you want to see get a similar comedic in-universe animated off-shoot? (and without using any existing characters as leads) What shows (or franchises) have enough of a mythos to sustain one?

Eastenders

A Marvel cartoon with the Avengers support staff. like the guy who keeps the Quinn Jet running, the cleaning lady, the person who has to dry clean the uniforms and bitches about blood stains or laser burns, The Avengers press person, Etc...
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Damage Control for Marvel.

Lower Decks is horrible.
    It's pretty much what if the screechy annoying fans wrote themselves into the show,
    Now you are just watching them and the same lame what-if jokes you tell each-other after an episode, be part of the show, and told they are what really makes the proverbial "ship" run.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Other shows that deserve a "Lower Deck"
    I wouldn't wish that on any other franchise.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-28-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I wouldn't want any show like "Lower Decks", it is an embarrassment to the franchise.

The concept is good, but the execution sucks.

That said, a show like the Wonder Twins mini-series where they are part of the JLA intern class would be funny. But make it nothing like Lower Decks.

I'm kind of annoyed at this notion that an animated spinoff should automatically equal a more comedic and humorous take.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed at this notion that an animated spinoff should automatically equal a more comedic and humorous take.
    Who said an animated spin-off "should" be comedic? If you have an idea for something non-comedic, go for it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-28-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Who said an animated spin-off "should" be comedic? If you have an idea for something non-comedic, go for it.
    I didn't, but stuff like "Lower Decks" and how they're purported to be handling the X-Files spinoff kind of lean in that direction. I guess it's to lean on more of a smaller scale, sitcom, angle.

Maybe an off-shoot that explores the lives of some other students at Sunnydale High. Regular kids going to school trying to be high school students near a hellmouth but have no idea why this is all happening and why there seem to be vampires or monsters around ... and what's with that Buffy and her friends? They're always around when weird stuff happens and the librarian is no help - he's always distracted...