Thread: Why

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why

So Dc is still making Diana play the sexist card justice-league-2.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/superman-justice-league-on-blast/

It's shown in the story they're all under the influence of the Spectre so I don't think much of these in the story are meant to be taken too seriously.

That said, yeah too many writers at DC and other media think she needs to go through a "not all men suck" character arc.

I don't see the problem with that panel personally. She's under the influence, and she's right. It sucks that she's the only woman on the team.

The issue is that it's kind of getting a little annoying for them to always have Diana be somewhat sexist. I alway kind of wonder just has much Diana is really sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The issue is that it's kind of getting a little annoying for them to always have Diana be somewhat sexist. I alway kind of wonder just has much Diana is really sexist.
    She’s literally the only woman on the team. How does that make her sexist?

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    She’s literally the only woman on the team. How does that make her sexist?
    It's not that it's more of how things have gone in the past with DC and Diana. That she has said certain things many times about men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't see the problem with that panel personally. She's under the influence, and she's right. It sucks that she's the only woman on the team.
    All this.

I'm not even sure that's being sexist. She's not calling men inferior or anything like that, she's just pointing out that it sucks being the only girl in the room. Those are some of the biggest alpha personalities in DC, many of who are super macho in one way or another, and she's well aware that she's the only woman there, and Spectre's influence is just amplifying things. If we're calling that observation sexism then the meaning of the word is kinda falling apart isn't it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    All this.

I'm not even sure that's being sexist. She's not calling men inferior or anything like that, she's just pointing out that it sucks being the only girl in the room. Those are some of the biggest alpha personalities in DC, many of who are super macho in one way or another, and she's well aware that she's the only woman there, and Spectre's influence is just amplifying things. If we're calling that observation sexism then the meaning of the word is kinda falling apart isn't it?
    100%. There have been sexist depictions of Diana in the past, obviously, but this one I just don't see it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, I thought green-eyed Superman saying "I'm always carrying the rest of you" was proof enough that everything being said was insincere and meant to instigate. None of this is how any of them think of their teammates. If anything, it's taking concerns and twisting them.

She usually is the only woman in that team. That sucks. I normally get mad when a writer has Amazons voice misandry but this is the antagonist messing with their heads.