Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Default Scream (Andi Benton) Appreciation 2020

An appreciation thread for Andi Benton, who first appeared in Venom #31 (April, 2013).

2013:

2019:

2020:

I've been enjoying the new Scream series so far, and I loved Andi and Flash's relationship after reading the collected additions of her time as Mania. Hoping Marvel doesn't kill her off when the eventual event with Knull attacking Earth begins. We need more heroic symbiotes.

I'm also hoping that maybe Andi and Scream take on a form similar to Mania after the two bond more.

Nick Lowe. Devin Lewis. Any others who work at the Marvel corporation. I beseech you. Reward the exceptional storytelling of Andi Benton with the Scream symbiote by granting them a modern, interesting, and unique aesthetic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Bad news, Scream is now digital exclusive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bad news, Scream is now digital exclusive.
    That's a shame, but at least it's not canceled.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a shame, but at least it's not canceled.
    True that , I'm just happy Andi has something to do after such a long hiatus. She's a great character of whom I've always been a huge fan.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True that , I'm just happy Andi has something to do after such a long hiatus. She's a great character of whom I've always been a huge fan.
    Right there with you.

Extraordinary Member

Good. I miss Andi. I wish she’d get more love like other young Marvel heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Good. I miss Andi. I wish she’d get more love like other young Marvel heroes.
    Same here.

Hopefully Marvel won't pull another 'there can't be too many heroic symbiote hosts' again and let her keep Scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Hopefully Marvel won't pull another 'there can't be too many heroic symbiote hosts' again and let her keep Scream.
    I wish that they’d either give her back Mania (especially since it’s been reabsorbed by Venom) or give her Scream appearance her own spin in its appearance. Mania’s look reflected her personality so I hate how as Scream she looks completely generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wish that they’d either give her back Mania (especially since it’s been reabsorbed by Venom) or give her Scream appearance her own spin in its appearance. Mania’s look reflected her personality so I hate how as Scream she looks completely generic.
    Agreed with you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can see where you are coming from to be honest. One of the biggest appeals of Andi was her design for sure. Since people love punk looking characters and it gave her a very distinctive appearance. At the same time, Scream is my favorite Symbiote other than Venom and I am happy Andi has it, and I think Scream's design is the peak of Symbiote aesthetic. So this is a very complicated matter for me. I guess I wouldn't mind whether they give her a distinctive look or not, but I think giving her a more punk-ish look could help her stand out more like she did when she was Mania.

Fantastic Member

I would love to see Andi leading a return to form Thunderbolts lineup of trying to do better villians. She's been a bit of wreck since becoming Scream ending up constantly displaced and homeless, would love to see her become a hero and inspiring others to rise to the same thing.