Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Tell me what's worse.
    Since a few of them weren't averse to using Snyder's daughters death themselves to make a point...

SnyderCut.jpg

And drove Diane Nelson off Twitter, harassed Geoff Johns to the point where he barely uses it anymore, calling Patty Jenkins a "bitch" for saying nobody saw the Snyder Cut, James Gunn got a death threat, etc.

https://***********/@thecarter74/wou...r-8654ba580245

Superman wouldn't care for these bullies much either, I would think. Anyone using Zack's daughter's death on EITHER side of the debate is a complete *******.

Tell me what's worse.
    Snyder Cultists were pretty awful.

https://twitter.com/snydercutcringe/...520611329?s=21

22F7C07D-A168-45A8-810E-8A19A93BFD4D.jpg
    91F51832-EE1E-42FE-93B6-C5457509E035.jpg
    There’s whole Twitter accounts devoted to nothing but Snyder Cult bullying.

A lot of members showed themselves to be all too eager to attack anyone who contradicted what they wanted to hear. I’m also expecting Snyder’s Cut to review poorly and we’ll get more Twitter meltdowns.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-26-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

A lot of members showed themselves to be all too eager to attack anyone who contradicted what they wanted to hear. I’m also expecting Snyder’s Cut to review poorly and we’ll get more Twitter meltdowns.
    In fairness, those last two are bad all around for both sides. And there definitely was a deluge of crap aimed at Snyder and the actors from detractors (everything Affleck got thrown at him for his casting, Gadot being criticized for her breasts among other things, Mark Millar saying Snyder should be shot, etc).

The big difference is I think there wasn't one singular banner for them all to unite under and spam around the way it is for the Snyder Cut crowd.

Ultimate Member

Tell me what's worse.
    The last two posts gave you examples.

Death threats
    harrassment
    Using dead people as weapons

This is what people see and that shadows all the charity doantions. Because that news gets buried when the above happens.

What folks fear is how much of toxic behavior is going to be looked at to be used as a weapon for other things.

Like comicsgate and gamergate-what damage has the toxic side created? Will the folks all ready and set to attack Black Panther 2, Cap marvel 2, the next Star Wars film, the Eternals or some project they don't like going to follow the Snyder Cut toxic road?

This is no longer about that movie. It's about the aftermath. HBO and WB better hope it's worth it.

And it better benefit Cyborg-since he is the maoin one who seems to be screwed over in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In fairness, those last two are bad all around for both sides. And there definitely was a deluge of crap aimed at Snyder and the actors from detractors (everything Affleck got thrown at him for his casting, Gadot being criticized for her breasts among other things, Mark Millar saying Snyder should be shot, etc).

The big difference is I think there wasn't one singular banner for them all to unite under and spam around the way it is for the Snyder Cut crowd.
    When did Millar say that?

I don't think the release of the Snyder really affect anything - the toxic fandom was around before when they weren't getting their way and they will continue to be around after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did Millar say that?
    It was around the time of BvS, I'm pretty sure it was Millar.

It might have been taken down whatever it was, it was pretty tasteless.

Spectacular Member

Since a few of them weren't averse to using Snyder's daughters death themselves to make a point...

SnyderCut.jpg

And drove Diane Nelson off Twitter, harassed Geoff Johns to the point where he barely uses it anymore, calling Patty Jenkins a "bitch" for saying nobody saw the Snyder Cut, James Gunn got a death threat, etc.

https://***********/@thecarter74/wou...r-8654ba580245

Superman wouldn't care for these bullies much either, I would think. Anyone using Zack's daughter's death on EITHER side of the debate is a complete *******.
    Whoever this guy is his post is too assumptive to even acknowledge it. I never delved into why Snyder's daughter did what she did, but if hate thrown towards her father contributed to it, now that a level above this whole conversation. Now we're talking about bullies who force people to commit suicides. That's of course is also assumptive. But a thing to consider nonetheless.

I can't see the second link...

Anyway, I see what you say, but let us be reminded of the entire chronology. Man of Steel, a solid and well made superhero blockbuster that no one can make a honest argument is objectively terrible, was somehow met with an amount of animosity few movies ever do. That set a precedent. BvS was hated by those even before it came out, its extremely flawed theatrical cut simply became a platform for confirmation bias, seemed they were happy it sucked. What kind of mentality is that? The discussion around BvS was insufferable. Venomous isn't even the word. Effing radioactive I'd say. The haters were given the needed fuel and they were omnipresent. I myself was out of the conversations back then, I didn't even know how RT scores work. The media hype over thrashing BvS taught me how. They exploited the toxicity very well with their click baity current tactics to feed off that sentiment. When I watched the director's cut I was "converted", I got enthusiastic, wanted to discuss it with my fellow nerds. What I found out is that you can't discuss Snyder's DCEU without some utterly entitled melodrama, no. And I'm sorry, but it isn't the fans who are to be blamed for that. They were taught the tactics by their "opponents". And seeing how the naysers got upset with the current news, we can clearly see who was driving the whole narrative south from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Can't see how these ones are exclusive to just Snyder cultist... Also review by whom, by the same people that already showed they don't like Snyder? The interest will determine its success. If no one is interested, that means no one cares. This case is only special since there are those who are interested in this to fail too. The real question though, how well it does with the people in between.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Death threats
    harrassment

This is what people see and that shadows all the charity doantions. Because that news gets buried when the above happens.

What folks fear is how much of toxic behavior is going to be looked at to be used as a weapon for other things.

Like comicsgate and gamergate-what damage has the toxic side created? Will the folks all ready and set to attack Black Panther 2, Cap marvel 2, the next Star Wars film, the Eternals or some project they don't like going to follow the Snyder Cut toxic road?

This is no longer about that movie. It's about the aftermath. HBO and WB better hope it's worth it.

And it better benefit Cyborg-since he is the maoin one who seems to be screwed over in all this.
    Talking about "news" outlets, they were pretty quick to decry "precedents" set by that release, did they bother to cover the charity movements led by the better part of "Snyder cultists"? But of course let's focus on the worse, this is why journalism is experiencing a well documented era of total degradation. But hey, they sure will show you the worst in those THEY decide are the "bad guys". I think there even was an attempt to give this discussion a political undertone? What a bad joke.
    Last edited by adamTPTK; 05-27-2020 at 02:04 AM. Reason: typo

BANNED

This was a movement that had positive intentions, and succeeded. what purpose is there to call out all these random heads on the internet who were acting stupid? who would attach weirdos like that to such a positive movement? there's no point.

it gets us into this situation where people have somehow been taught that anything they don't identify with is somehow an attack on them, and the actions of bad seeds in a movement mean the entire movement is bad.

Like bro, it's ok to not like Snyder ... what you do is just not like him and move on with your life. Just change the channel

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Death threats
    harrassment

It was always going to be hard for Black Panther 2, Cap marvel 2, the next Star Wars film and the Eternals.

If anything, WB put itself in a no win position, as the same crew that refused to move on for years now has arguments against existing cinematic world. If it is good they wouldn't shut up about how the WB screwd up and if it's bad there may have another Martha moment for everybody else to mook.

People are just trash on twitter. You can find literally any one on any side behaving like a moron.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He wouldn't be, but let's not pretend that they represent all of the detractors just as the Snyder cut supporters who spammed every DC-related media announcement are representative of everyone on that side either.
    Exactly, what i was saying. Superman hates bullies, it wouldn't matter what side it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It was always going to be hard for Black Panther 2, Cap marvel 2, the next Star Wars film and the Eternals.

If anything, WB put itself in a no win position, as the same crew that refused to move on for years now has arguments against existing cinematic world. If it is good they wouldn't shut up about how the WB screwd up and if it's bad there may have another Martha moment for everybody else to mook.
    I saw BvS in theaters.
    Honestly I didnt like how the Doomsday/Death of Superman was tacked on at the end... but personally the first 3/4 or so was pretty great.

I own the extend cut on blue ray. Watched it again l
    Yesterday. Its dope.

Honestly the Martha bit struck me as a very comicbookie kind of twist. Bruce Wayne being hell bent on destroying Superman worked for me... and the idea of Batman being so traumatized by his parents death, that even her name being spoken at the very moment he is going to take supermans life was really beautiful to me.

Ive been a huge batman fan since 1989 and being 4 watching Tim Burtons take.

Since B89 and BR nothing has quite moved me like BvS did and that Martha moment...

Baffled by why so many think its dumb..

And on a completely different note, i always thought Harley and Jared Letos Joker were the best parts of suicide squad...

But guess I'm in the minority on these opinions.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really don't get the argument that giving one section of fans what they want is a bad thing because an extremely small percentage of them are horrible. Why should WB not do something that may make them money because there are some fans being dicks online about it? By this logic, they should release the Snyder Cut because there are also people being dicks about not releasing it. If corporations based their decisions upon nerds being douchebags to each other, we'd never see another geek property produced ever again.

People acting poorly online is an unfortunate byproduct of humans having problems being empathetic towards others when they can't see them. However, these people do not represent the vast majority and never have. We have an unfortunate tendency to amplify the negative while glossing over the positive.

Anyway, I see what you say, but let us be reminded of the entire chronology. Man of Steel, a solid and well made superhero blockbuster that no one can make a honest argument is objectively terrible, was somehow met with an amount of animosity few movies ever do. That set a precedent. BvS was hated by those even before it came out, its extremely flawed theatrical cut simply became a platform for confirmation bias, seemed they were happy it sucked. What kind of mentality is that? The discussion around BvS was insufferable. Venomous isn't even the word. Effing radioactive I'd say. The haters were given the needed fuel and they were omnipresent. I myself was out of the conversations back then, I didn't even know how RT scores work. The media hype over thrashing BvS taught me how. They exploited the toxicity very well with their click baity current tactics to feed off that sentiment. When I watched the director's cut I was "converted", I got enthusiastic, wanted to discuss it with my fellow nerds. What I found out is that you can't discuss Snyder's DCEU without some utterly entitled melodrama, no. And I'm sorry, but it isn't the fans who are to be blamed for that. They were taught the tactics by their "opponents". And seeing how the naysers got upset with the current news, we can clearly see who was driving the whole narrative south from the very beginning.
    I'm sorry but some of this sounds like "two wrongs make a right." There was lot's of toxicity all around, it was never one sided. The two sides antagonize and feed off of each other. MoS was divisive from the beginning, and BvS had an insane amount of hype for it before its release. Not all of that is confirmation bias, people who were genuinely excited for that movie felt let down by it and turned on it. While you can't discuss Snyder's films positively in certain circles, you similarly can't criticize them at all in others without being labeled a toxic hater.

Even around the time of BvS, critics were getting death threats. One was even fair on MoS and got a death threat
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a7134131.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I really don't get the argument that giving one section of fans what they want is a bad thing because an extremely small percentage of them are horrible. Why should WB not do something that may make them money because there are some fans being dicks online about it? By this logic, they should release the Snyder Cut because there are also people being dicks about not releasing it. If corporations based their decisions upon nerds being douchebags to each other, we'd never see another geek property produced ever again.

People acting poorly online is an unfortunate byproduct of humans having problems being empathetic towards others when they can't see them. However, these people do not represent the vast majority and never have. We have an unfortunate tendency to amplify the negative while glossing over the positive.
    I'd like to think the positive elements of the campaign (I dislike calling it a "movement"- it's just hype for a movie about superheroes, not a social rights thing) were what got WB's attention, like the charity work they did. But the toxic elements were by far the most visible, so there is the nagging suspicion that that is what drew their attention. There is also a unsettling cult like atmosphere in the extreme cases that I don't believe we ever saw with the equally bad detractors, since their is a singular banner they unite under.

Snyder had a right to fight for his film and not give a damn about the studio's feelings considering the raw hand he was dealt...but I don't believe he's ever spoken out against the really bad things his followers have done. Did he ever stick up for Patty Jenkins or Matt Reeves or James Gunn when they got abuse hurled at them? he was in the position to do so and he knows how it feels.