Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    This was a movement that had positive intentions, and succeeded. what purpose is there to call out all these random heads on the internet who were acting stupid? who would attach weirdos like that to such a positive movement? there's no point.

it gets us into this situation where people have somehow been taught that anything they don't identify with is somehow an attack on them, and the actions of bad seeds in a movement mean the entire movement is bad.

Like bro, it's ok to not like Snyder ... what you do is just not like him and move on with your life. Just change the channel
    The anti-Snyder people are beside themselves that the cut was actually real and it's being finished out. The attacks have doubled down by some of them, but I've actually seen many others congratulate the movement and walk away like adults.
    I think some people need to find another hobby. Same for anyone who is still being "toxic" on the Snyder Cut side.

-

Jesus, this is ridiculous people. Look at so many of you childishly pointing fingers at "who has been worse" to try and justify your positions on a friggin' MOVIE.

I launched a diatribe in one of the Snyder Cut threads in the TV/Film section that I'll briefly summarize as follows: there are bad people everywhere. In every party, group, fandom, etc. Rarely do they make up the majority, and in this case, they are in fact the minority. The Snyder Cut movement is far larger than the detractors believe, it's just a super irate minority who has become loud and hostile. Naturally, people want to use them to depict the face of the movement in order to push their own agendas.

I've seen hate and vitriol spilled from every angle of the Snyder Cut debate and DCEU. I've seen what some of the loser Snyder Cut supporters have said and done, and I condemn their actions as part of the larger movement. But, there's been just as many, arguably MORE, on the other side hurling insults to the Snyders, WB, DC, and the DCEU at large.

I've seen anti-Snyder people make fun of him and his family after Autumn's suicide. I've seen people insult and threaten Zack and Debbie. And the same has been done to me and other Snyder Cut supporters. My advice? Acknowledge all of it, condemn all of it and make for more productive conversations. Try not to feed the trolls.

And for the umpteenth time, IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED IN SEEING THE SNYDER CUT, DON'T WATCH IT AND QUIT COMING ONTO THESE THREADS! You're just trolls yourselves by wanting to argue with people who want something. Look in the mirror and acknowledge it and go find something else to do.

Knowing this will likely fall upon blind eyes, I'm going to take a hiatus from these threads for awhile. Just know that the Snyder Cut is being released on HBO Max in 2021 after years of fan support. It's going to be more DC action on the screen and that's really all I care about.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-27-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd like to think the positive elements of the campaign (I dislike calling it a "movement"- it's just hype for a movie about superheroes, not a social rights thing) were what got WB's attention, like the charity work they did. But the toxic elements were by far the most visible, so there is the nagging suspicion that that is what drew their attention. There is also a unsettling cult like atmosphere in the extreme cases that I don't believe we ever saw with the equally bad detractors, since their is a singular banner they unite under.

Snyder had a right to fight for his film and not give a damn about the studio's feelings considering the raw hand he was dealt...but I don't believe he's ever spoken out against the really bad things his followers have done. Did he ever stick up for Patty Jenkins or Matt Reeves or James Gunn when they got abuse hurled at them? he was in the position to do so and he knows how it feels.
    And now it looks like there is rumbling of demanding The Batman with Matt Reeves be cancelled and put you know who back in the suit.

Thank Warner Brothers look at what you caused.

Amazing Member

We should be able to criticize and discuss the Snyder Cut and not be labelled as haters. If Snyder supporters truly want an open environment, they should be ready to hear criticisms. Toxic can go both ways and closing yourself will only increase it. Every thread in this forum has people arguing but I don't see people there telling others to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And now it looks like there is rumbling of demanding The Batman with Matt Reeves be cancelled and put you know who back in the suit.

Thank Warner Brothers look at what you caused.
    Eh, always gonna be people like that. I mean, look at all the backlash associated with casting (Ledger's Joker, Gadot's WW, Affleck's Batman..)....definitely much more fanfare associated with those, and WB didn't care.
    Last edited by Triple J; 05-27-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think it's Zack Snyder's or anyone else's responsibility to condemn the online behavior of overzealous fans. He's a movie director, not a cult leader. Is Tarantino responsible for any behavior that his rabid fans have committed? What about Scorsese? Does he have to apologize for every dumbass would be gangster who was inspired by Goodfellas? Or DePalma for Scarface?

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but some of this sounds like "two wrongs make a right." There was lot's of toxicity all around, it was never one sided. The two sides antagonize and feed off of each other. MoS was divisive from the beginning, and BvS had an insane amount of hype for it before its release. Not all of that is confirmation bias, people who were genuinely excited for that movie felt let down by it and turned on it. While you can't discuss Snyder's films positively in certain circles, you similarly can't criticize them at all in others without being labeled a toxic hater.

Even around the time of BvS, critics were getting death threats. One was even fair on MoS and got a death threat
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a7134131.html

I'd like to think the positive elements of the campaign (I dislike calling it a "movement"- it's just hype for a movie about superheroes, not a social rights thing) were what got WB's attention, like the charity work they did. But the toxic elements were by far the most visible, so there is the nagging suspicion that that is what drew their attention. There is also a unsettling cult like atmosphere in the extreme cases that I don't believe we ever saw with the equally bad detractors, since their is a singular banner they unite under.

Snyder had a right to fight for his film and not give a damn about the studio's feelings considering the raw hand he was dealt...but I don't believe he's ever spoken out against the really bad things his followers have done. Did he ever stick up for Patty Jenkins or Matt Reeves or James Gunn when they got abuse hurled at them? he was in the position to do so and he knows how it feels.
    I recall he gave his approval and praise towards Jenkins' work and he doesn't seem to bare any animosity towards her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think it's Zack Snyder's or anyone else's responsibility to condemn the online behavior of overzealous fans. He's a movie director, not a cult leader. Is Tarantino responsible for any behavior that his rabid fans have committed? What about Scorsese? Does he have to apologize for every dumbass would be gangster who was inspired by Goodfellas? Or DePalma for Scarface?

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.
    Nobody is asking him to stand up to every bit of abuse or that he's deliberately acting like a cult leader (I don't think he is, it's just that some of the more extreme ones are whack jobs).

But some of the people he's worked with have gotten attacked over this, and he has been dropping bits of his product on social media for a while now, getting the Snyder Cut movement even more hyped up. Which is good for the people who are reasonable, but also hypes up the lunatics. He's involved, it wouldn't hurt to throw out the occasional "hey guys, cut out the death threats" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recall he gave his approval and praise towards Jenkins' work and he doesn't seem to bare any animosity towards her.
    How does that contradict her being called a bitch by the Snyder Cut crowd? I didn't say he was the one her called her that.

BANNED

Nobody is asking him to stand up to every bit of abuse or that he's deliberately acting like a cult leader (I don't think he is, it's just that some of the more extreme ones are whack jobs).

But some of the people he's worked with have gotten attacked over this, and he has been dropping bits of his product on social media for a while now, getting the Snyder Cut movement even more hyped up. Which is good for the people who are reasonable, but also hypes up the lunatics. He's involved, it wouldn't hurt to throw out the occasional "hey guys, cut out the death threats" comment.

How does that contradict her being called a bitch by the Snyder Cut crowd? I didn't say he was the one her called her that.
    Again, why should Snyder be the one to call this out? Especially when he has faced the exact same abuse? Maybe if that negative behavior filled the majority of the campaign’s followers but it doesn’t. It’s unfortunate but celebrities get death threats all the time. It’s only when it’s a real problem that someone should say something, and Snyder has ZERO obligation to do that

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    We should be able to criticize and discuss the Snyder Cut and not be labelled as haters. If Snyder supporters truly want an open environment, they should be ready to hear criticisms. Toxic can go both ways and closing yourself will only increase it. Every thread in this forum has people arguing but I don't see people there telling others to go away.
    Sometimes people just want to have a space to talk about something without brigadiers bursting through and telling them the thing they like is bad. Not everything has to be a debate.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Again, why should Snyder be the one to call this out? Especially when he has faced the exact same abuse? Maybe if that negative behavior filled the majority of the campaign’s followers but it doesn’t. It’s unfortunate but celebrities get death threats all the time. It’s only when it’s a real problem that someone should say something, and Snyder has ZERO obligation to do that
    Because he's actively involved in it and encouraging aspects of the campaign (not specifically the crazies, but they latch on anyway). The tweets of his plans and unused footage got people worked up. I would think facing some of the same abuse from the opposite factions would cause him to not want his name further associated with abuse, even if this kind is aimed at others. Some of whom didn't have anything to do with his JL situation (like James Gunn). Or when they invade a completely off topic tweets to spam it.

Nobody is saying it's his responsibility to stop the crazies, because most likely wouldn't listen to him anyway. But it's not entirely a good look

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Sometimes people just want to have a space to talk about something without brigadiers bursting through and telling them the thing they like is bad. Not everything has to be a debate.
    But this isn't an appreciation thread. If people are barging in there and talking crap, then they are jerks. I don't know if that's the case currently on here, but it's very wrong for them to do that if so.

This isn't set up as a "positive only" thread though. It's open and there are gonna be a wider array of opinions.

BANNED

Because he's actively involved in it and encouraging aspects of the campaign (not specifically the crazies, but they latch on anyway). The tweets of his plans and unused footage got people worked up. I would think facing some of the same abuse from the opposite factions would cause him to not want his name further associated with abuse, even if this kind is aimed at others. Some of whom didn't have anything to do with his JL situation (like James Gunn). Or when they invade a completely off topic tweets to spam it.

Nobody is saying it's his responsibility to stop the crazies, because most likely wouldn't listen to him anyway. But it's not entirely a good look

But this isn't an appreciation thread. If people are barging in there and talking crap, then they are jerks. I don't know if that's the case currently on here, but it's very wrong for them to do that if so.

This isn't set up as a "positive only" thread though. It's open and there are gonna be a wider array of opinions.
    what tweets? can you link these tweets?

the only times Snyder ever publicly endorsed the cut was when they raised money for charity and made a billboard for SDCC, and when Gadot and Affleck tweeted about it. how are those tweeting his plans exactly? He never publicly stated anything about the Snyder cut. he said it exists, he gave people his thanks, but other than that, it was PHOTOS on his invite only social media site that is literally for his fans who want to see his work. how is him posting his own work egging people on? you're making it seem like Snyder is responsible for grown ass people who make their own decisions. like I said, they weren't majority, so there's no real reason he should do that. Death threats and spamming happen way more than you think, by taking trolls on the internet seriously you give them power. Snyder didn't give them any power and the first time he even acknowledged the campaign was when the news about charities came out.

It seems like you're creating your own narrative here. Nobody's saying that everyone should be appreciative, but what we're discussing should be based in fact, first and foremost. And since this was a positive movement that had good intentions and succeeded with those good intentions while raising thousands of dollars in charity, I see no reason to bring up why Snyder didn't call out some trolls, or that there were trolls to begin with, unless we're talking about struggles the movement had to get through.

like I said, nothing wrong with being against the Snyder Cut, however if there is a lack of truth, people are obviously going to respond.

this post right here is some gold:

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    The anti-Snyder people are beside themselves that the cut was actually real and it's being finished out. The attacks have doubled down by some of them, but I've actually seen many others congratulate the movement and walk away like adults.
    I think some people need to find another hobby. Same for anyone who is still being "toxic" on the Snyder Cut side.

-

Jesus, this is ridiculous people. Look at so many of you childishly pointing fingers at "who has been worse" to try and justify your positions on a friggin' MOVIE.

I launched a diatribe in one of the Snyder Cut threads in the TV/Film section that I'll briefly summarize as follows: there are bad people everywhere. In every party, group, fandom, etc. Rarely do they make up the majority, and in this case, they are in fact the minority. The Snyder Cut movement is far larger than the detractors believe, it's just a super irate minority who has become loud and hostile. Naturally, people want to use them to depict the face of the movement in order to push their own agendas.

I've seen hate and vitriol spilled from every angle of the Snyder Cut debate and DCEU. I've seen what some of the loser Snyder Cut supporters have said and done, and I condemn their actions as part of the larger movement. But, there's been just as many, arguably MORE, on the other side hurling insults to the Snyders, WB, DC, and the DCEU at large.

I've seen anti-Snyder people make fun of him and his family after Autumn's suicide. I've seen people insult and threaten Zack and Debbie. And the same has been done to me and other Snyder Cut supporters. My advice? Acknowledge all of it, condemn all of it and make for more productive conversations. Try not to feed the trolls.

And for the umpteenth time, IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED IN SEEING THE SNYDER CUT, DON'T WATCH IT AND QUIT COMING ONTO THESE THREADS! You're just trolls yourselves by wanting to argue with people who want something. Look in the mirror and acknowledge it and go find something else to do.

Knowing this will likely fall upon blind eyes, I'm going to take a hiatus from these threads for awhile. Just know that the Snyder Cut is being released on HBO Max in 2021 after years of fan support. It's going to be more DC action on the screen and that's really all I care about.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut
    again, why do we have to argue about a movement that was so firmly rooted in positivity?

Holy crap you guys are still arguing over this? Why?

Cavill isn't gone. also, the movie is different in many key ways, so it wouldn't technically be a rewatch. going forward honestly matters less than the actual release, the movie could be 4 hours of ice cubes melting and it wouldn't matter. people just wanted this man to release his work.
    I owe you an apology, or at least an admittance you were right because I don’t think I said anything mean, they brought him back for more movies.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/he...urn-dc-movies/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I owe you an apology, or at least an admittance you were right because I don’t think I said anything mean, they brought him back for more movies.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/he...urn-dc-movies/
    well in your defense it wasn't outright stated anywhere, it was just his agent saying it. but this is exciting! can't wait to see more Cavill Supes

Damn, not excited for more Cavill gonna be honest. I was hoping to get someone new.