Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nobody is asking him to stand up to every bit of abuse or that he's deliberately acting like a cult leader (I don't think he is, it's just that some of the more extreme ones are whack jobs).

But some of the people he's worked with have gotten attacked over this, and he has been dropping bits of his product on social media for a while now, getting the Snyder Cut movement even more hyped up. Which is good for the people who are reasonable, but also hypes up the lunatics. He's involved, it wouldn't hurt to throw out the occasional "hey guys, cut out the death threats" comment.
    You're assuming that he's even aware that people have made death threats. This is first I've heard about it as I don't have any interest in wasting my time on the worst parts of online fandom. Snyder seems pretty happy limiting his social media stuff to his account on Vero where he can answer questions from his fans and that's about it as far as I know. Frankly, I don't blame him, or any other celebrity, for not wanting to wade through the sewer of Twitter, Facebook or YouTube comments. That's enough to drive a man to depression and, after a losing a daughter to suicide, I totally understand his desire to stick to the positive side of fandom.

I'd like to think the positive elements of the campaign (I dislike calling it a "movement"- it's just hype for a movie about superheroes, not a social rights thing) were what got WB's attention, like the charity work they did. But the toxic elements were by far the most visible, so there is the nagging suspicion that that is what drew their attention.
    If that was what drew their attention to the movement, they'd have done what any other PR-sensitive company would have done and ignored them which was what they were doing for three years.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Nobody is saying it's his responsibility to stop the crazies, because most likely wouldn't listen to him anyway. But it's not entirely a good look

But this isn't an appreciation thread. If people are barging in there and talking crap, then they are jerks. I don't know if that's the case currently on here, but it's very wrong for them to do that if so.

This isn't set up as a "positive only" thread though. It's open and there are gonna be a wider array of opinions.
    Totally agreed. Nothing wrong with healthy debate as long as everyone is being respectful towards each other and willing to change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If that was what drew their attention to the movement, they'd have done what any other PR-sensitive company would have done and ignored them which was what they were doing for three years.
    It probably has more to do with the lack of content for the streaming. Somewhere, somebody did a cost / benefit study that say it would profitable, if these people are willing to donate money, they will probably would pay for the channel.

This video is soooooo yummy!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYvD3fXslnI

Astonishing Member

Zack just took everything on the chin like Johnny Depp and just like Johnny's fans stood by him,and he is vindicated in their eyes so is Zack.All the hate and naysaying can't keep the man down.Meta superman!