Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
Nobody is asking him to stand up to every bit of abuse or that he's deliberately acting like a cult leader (I don't think he is, it's just that some of the more extreme ones are whack jobs).

But some of the people he's worked with have gotten attacked over this, and he has been dropping bits of his product on social media for a while now, getting the Snyder Cut movement even more hyped up. Which is good for the people who are reasonable, but also hypes up the lunatics. He's involved, it wouldn't hurt to throw out the occasional "hey guys, cut out the death threats" comment.
You're assuming that he's even aware that people have made death threats. This is first I've heard about it as I don't have any interest in wasting my time on the worst parts of online fandom. Snyder seems pretty happy limiting his social media stuff to his account on Vero where he can answer questions from his fans and that's about it as far as I know. Frankly, I don't blame him, or any other celebrity, for not wanting to wade through the sewer of Twitter, Facebook or YouTube comments. That's enough to drive a man to depression and, after a losing a daughter to suicide, I totally understand his desire to stick to the positive side of fandom.