Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    fyi, all of this is more than enough for wb to want to release it
    OK, but where in any of that does it say those are the reasons WB is releasing it? Show me that. Because you're jumping on anyone saying that it's because of trolls and harassment telling them to provide proof of that being the reason WB is releasing it, but providing no proof that WB is releasing it because of the good stuff of the movement.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    OK, but where in any of that does it say those are the reasons WB is releasing it? Show me that. Because you're jumping on anyone saying that it's because of trolls and harassment telling them to provide proof of that being the reason WB is releasing it, but providing no proof that WB is releasing it because of the good stuff of the movement.
    now you're just putting words in my mouth lol.

people were saying WB is giving into harassment, and my response is why is that more believable than WB seeing all the charity and positivity the movement was trying to spread? it literally isn't, it's just bonkers to believe a studio would act that way. they saw how the movement was unifying people and they wanted to release this movie for them, as well as have content for their streaming service.

"aw these Snyder fans are really hurting our feelings! We should release the movie!" like are you serious?

Astonishing Member

I think everyone should sit back and appreciate the variety of the film medium, assuming only fans of Snyder's take on DC mythos see the film,I see no harm to the detractors whatsoever.WB promotes their new platform,make money from DVD sales, The DCEU gets a new iteration of the same film,increasing comparison,debate- which gives DCEU publicity .Moviemaking and storytelling as an artform grows.There is absolutely no loss whatsoever! It's good news all round. I for one can't help but smile.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-21-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    now you're just putting words in my mouth lol.

people were saying WB is giving into harassment, and my response is why is that more believable than WB seeing all the charity and positivity the movement was trying to spread? it literally isn't, it's just bonkers to believe a studio would act that way. they saw how the movement was unifying people and they wanted to release this movie for them, as well as have content for their streaming service.

"aw these Snyder fans are really hurting our feelings! We should release the movie!" like are you serious?
    It's just as bonkers as believing this is some altruistic way to please a loving fan base, and that any charity work played a factor in it's release. Neither the good or the negative this "movement" did had any factor on this being released other than the vocality of it.

They saw a vocal fan base wanting something they had access to that would cost the same (or less) as any new content they would create to finish, and could throw on their service in order to get subscriptions from that fan base and be able to tout higher subscription numbers. It was about money.
    Last edited by Noodle; 05-21-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's just as bonkers as believing this is some altruistic way to please a loving fan base, and that any charity work played a factor in it's release.

They saw a vocal fan base wanting something they had access to that would cost the same (or less) as any new content they would create to finish, and could throw on their service in order to get subscriptions from that fan base and be able to tout higher subscription numbers. It was about money.
    You can believe one thing, I can believe another, but a vocal fan base isn’t just shouting nothing. They’re speaking words and folks really used the Snyder Cut to really turn the needle for suicide awareness. I can agree that the studios just wanted money but it was not giving into harassment. Because when you look at what the movement represents and represented, it was far from negative.

I'm dumbfounded that this is going to happen. They are investing $20M to $30M for this? Are they shooting new scenes or just editing and adding visual effects?

I hope they change Cyborg's design.

I don't know if this will be good or not, but I'm just shocked it's happening. In some ways I'm happy because the Justice League we got did not feel like a real continuation of Batman v Superman.

I'll check this out, but never in a million years did I think DC would do this. If I was a Warner executive I would not have agreed to this. This certainly makes HBO max a little more interesting.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I don't get the uproar over Pattinson. He didn't say he won't workout at all here said he's slacked off during quarantine and he doesn't want to contribute to people having body issues because they don't look like the movie stars (who have the benefit of nutritionists and personal trainers). So he won't be a brick sh*t house; Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney weren't either. Big deal.
    Wasn't bashing nothing, kind of a tongue in cheek post. Gotta admit, the Pattison joke/scandal, the Batwoman recast, and getting Batfleck one more time in a weird way with this cut, just a lot of unexpected live action Bat-news in a one week period.

God both sides need to chill. What's it matter whether WB is rewarding either the bad harassment people or the good charity people? End result is same, everyone gets a new movie to either watch or not watch as they see fit. There is no loss here, either you gained a new movie to look forward to or you're where you were before this news broke. There's no downside here for any of us.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    God both sides need to chill. What's it matter whether WB is rewarding either the bad harassment people or the good charity people? End result is same, everyone gets a new movie to either watch or not watch as they see fit. There is no loss here, either you gained a new movie to look forward to or you're where you were before this news broke. There's no downside here for any of us.
    Holy $#!*, yes. I have no doubt that there were some overzealous fans annoying a lot of people about this for a few years now, but why on Earth should that mean you can't be happy for the vast majority of fans who weren't dicks about any of this getting what they've been hoping for?

Should I be angry with people enjoying the Mandalorian or Clone Wars because there are a lot of Star Wars trolls endlessly trashing either The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker?

A filmmaker getting to finish a film he stepped down from because his daughter killed herself is unequivocally good thing. Whether or not you like that guy's films is irrelevant as no one is forcing anyone to watch it, nor read posts online about it. I'm not saying you can't complain about it, but, why would you want to waste your time complaining about people getting something they want, just because it means a few people you dislike also got something they want?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Holy $#!*, yes. I have no doubt that there were some overzealous fans annoying a lot of people about this for a few years now, but why on Earth should that mean you can't be happy for the vast majority of fans who weren't dicks about any of this getting what they've been hoping for?

Should I be angry with people enjoying the Mandalorian or Clone Wars because there are a lot of Star Wars trolls endlessly trashing either The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker?

A filmmaker getting to finish a film he stepped down from because his daughter killed herself is unequivocally good thing. Whether or not you like that guy's films is irrelevant as no one is forcing anyone to watch it, nor read posts online about it. I'm not saying you can't complain about it, but, why would you want to waste your time complaining about people getting something they want, just because it means a few people you dislike also got something they want?
    That's not why Snyder left. Not trying to dredge up any past tragedy because as I stated elsewhere I have dealt with a similar situation as Snyder. But it's been widely reported since the release of Justice League that Snyder was fired by WB from the movie because they were displeased with what Snyder had completed.

But I agree with you otherwise. There's no reason to be upset or frustrated by this news. Regardless of how you feel about Snyder and the direction he went with the DCEU, this is a neat fan service project that most of us never thought would or could happen. It's not going to alter any upcoming projects WB has for DC properties, and curiosity alone should be enough for even detractors to be on board with this.

Having said that, I also stand by what I said earlier. Those that loved Man of Steel or Batman v Superman will undoubtedly love Snyder's cut of JL. Those that didn't probably won't, even if it will likely be better than the butchered version we got.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Yeah. I can understand if people are mildly annoyed by the constant online presence of zealous SnyderCut posters, but I can't see how people can get so invested in being angry that....wait for it...a movie is being released from a director they don't like. That happens every day. It doesn't have to be some polarizing culture war.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    That's not why Snyder left. Not trying to dredge up any past tragedy because as I stated elsewhere I have dealt with a similar situation as Snyder. But it's been widely reported since the release of Justice League that Snyder was fired by WB from the movie because they were displeased with what Snyder had completed.
    I don't think it's as clear cut as either the official PR or the rumors make it out to be. It's likely a combination of both. WB was clearly unhappy with Snyder's vision after BvS failed to land with audiences and things got increasingly dire. However, I don't think Snyder is lying when he says he decided to step down following his daughter's death, which WB then used as an excuse to bring in Whedon, who attempted to give the studio what they wanted given the ridiculous parameters Kevin Tsujihara had imposed on the film--namely a 2 hour runtime and November 2017 release date, all of which led to a film that lacked the ability to give the story or characters any depth while also hamstringing Superman with a distractingly CGI'ed upper lip. Would Snyder have been fired eventually? It's possible, but that would have led to even worse PR for the movie. I think it was unfortunate situation all around.

The good thing about this is that we get to see what Snyder had in mind, sort of, since he'd already been reigned in by Geoff Johns somewhat during production. Irregardless of how this thing turns out, it means there's an almost entirely new Justice League film coming out in 2021 that doesn't have to be saddled with all the franchise building nonsense that it originally had to accomplish. That's a win/win as far as I'm concerned.

There's no chance that WB is suddenly going to reverse course again and go back to Snyder's original plan. That ship has sailed. Affleck doesn't want to do it anymore. Wonder Woman and Aquaman have embraced a lighter, less self-serious tone, as did Shazam. We're not returning to the old DCEU, but that incarnation will at least get a more fitting conclusion than we got back in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah. I can understand if people are mildly annoyed by the constant online presence of zealous SnyderCut posters, but I can't see how people can get so invested in being angry that....wait for it...a movie is being released from a director they don't like. That happens every day. It doesn't have to be some polarizing culture war.
    To be fair, that's what online culture feeds upon. Websites figured out long ago that people are more likely to click and engage with stuff that makes them upset that stuff that makes them happy, so the last few years has seen an amplification of every single aspect of the Snyder Cut movement which was almost exclusively focused on the most negative, ridiculous and insane behavior of a small percentage of fans. I can't blame people for focusing on that and thinking that that handful of people were somehow representative of those who wanted to see the Snyder Cut released.

Again, if I based my perception of Star Wars fandom upon what I saw reported online, I'd think Star Wars was a raging dumpster fire of hateful trolls, bigots, and incels. However, I know that the vast majority of Star Wars fans are perfectly nice people who are able to express their love of clone soldiers, aliens, and space wizards with lazer swords in a healthy manner.

This is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But they are investing 20 million to finish this.

Here is the million dollar question-where is that money coming from?

Because how many subscribers will you get and then LOSE after they see the film?

Does Star Girl, Doom Patrol, Titans and the CW shows get thier budgets cut to cover costs?

Does my Direct Tv and ATT services go up even more to cover costs?

Who are they robbing to pay for those costs?

Also donating to charties don't EXCUSE the toxic behavior.

Lets not compare toxic fandom behavior. No one who did not care for the Snyder Cut were doing 40 hours worth of vidoes trashing it like we saw done to Cap Marvel & Black Panther.
    Or what was done to John Boyega, Leslie Jones & Kelly Tran. Or trying to end Michale B Jordan's career.

What folks did not and STILL don't care for it the toxic behavior of entitlement.

The charity stuff is dismissed when you see folks being harrassed and threatened.

So now what is next after this? Attack the guys doing the next Batman movie and demand they make Batman match Snyder Cut version?

They gave in once-what is ti stop them from doing it again?

I mean where is the releasetheMarlonWayanscut? There is a version of Batman Returns with him as Robin. He confirmed there is a costume and hje was paid for 2 movies.
    Which rock have you been living under? people have made entire Youtube careers on trashing anything connected to the Snyder DC movies, to say nothing of the attacks on his personal life and frequently using discussions about the DCEU movies to whinge about MoS and BvS.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I am not a fan of geoff johns superman. I hope "reigning in" doesn't turn the character into something else. Anyways, i don't think it will happen .Regardless, Snyder had already wanted a positive arc with superman.So geoff johns or no the character had a trajectory.