Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I've never been a part of the release the Snyder cut campaign but I am pleased to see this movie. My question is; Are we just getting the first part of a trilogy we'll never see the other two parts to? That seems...frustrating. That's what y'all were fighting for?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I've never been a part of the release the Snyder cut campaign but I am pleased to see this movie. My question is; Are we just getting the first part of a trilogy we'll never see the other two parts to? That seems...frustrating. That's what y'all were fighting for?
    No. Fans were fighting on behalf of Snyder to see his work released to the public. It’s not about what the film is or what it contains.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Eh, I'd rather get one third of a cool (in my opinion) superhero trilogy that's unfinished than zero parts. It's more of something I enjoy (at least partly), so it's a win. If I'm entertained, then what dies it matter if there's no two finishing films?

Incredible Member

This is why marvel are moving on to another generation of avenger films while DC can't even string together 3 superman films. Because Warner Brother keep wasting money on people like zack who don't even understand the source material. Darkseid deserves better then a man who probably still thinks batman killed people in the dark knight returns. Hell the justice league deserve better then Zack but here we are. Can't wait to see the goalposts move for the release the synder cut movement now demanding that he complete his "vision.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    This is why marvel are moving on to another generation of avenger films while DC can't even string together 3 superman films. Because Warner Brother keep wasting money on people like zack who don't even understand the source material. Darkseid deserves better then a man who probably still thinks batman killed people in the dark knight returns. Hell the justice league deserve better then Zack but here we are. Can't wait to see the goalposts move for the release the synder cut movement now demanding that he complete his "vision.
    Already happening. WB has basically opened the floodgates.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

So I freely admit, I had this one wrong. I didn't think there was any chance that WB would release this cut, let alone spend additional money on it. So kudos to the fans who have been advocating for this for a couple of years now.

Here's how I ultimately look at it...people who love Zack Snyder and Batman v Superman are undeniably very excited about this, and will praise his cut of Justice League regardless. I had mixed feelings on BvS but I definitely preferred Snyder's cut versus the theatrical one, and I have no doubt that his cut of JL will be better than the choppy disaster Whedon released just based on consistency and character development alone. But I've read enough regarding what Snyder envisioned with his JL to know that A LOT of fans of these characters and DC are likely going to be unhappy with the end result. I mean, people at WB saw a rough cut of the film Snyder produced and literally panicked. I think WB has gained some momentum with the direction they've gone in post-JL (the commercial failure of Birds-of-Prey not withstanding) that going backwards like this seems like a big mistake. However, I will watch it and keep an open mind. It'll be interesting at very least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I already saw on the dc cinematic reddit (a giant circlejerk of synders films) before the man of steel rewatch demanding that they complete his awful sounding justice league series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't mind a separate HBOMax Snyder-verse set apart from the other HBOMAX DC shows and the DC theatrical films. Really set up a whole DC multiverse.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    It's not your money why are you mad?

This whole "doesn't understand source material" is utter nonsense. He isn't adapting a story 1:1 and even then comic books are about interpretations why else do forums like this exist?

Marvel aren't exactly moving on, weren't we gonna get a BW film? Wasn't Tony gonna appear in that film or another? Marvel aren't gonna let the originals go that easy prequels or what not give them a free loophole. It's like calling IW a ballsy film...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm going to go eat my hat now
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-20-2020 at 04:33 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's not your money why are you mad?

This whole "doesn't understand source material" is utter nonsense. He isn't adapting a story 1:1 and even then comic books are about interpretations why else do forums like this exist?

Marvel aren't exactly moving on, weren't we gonna get a BW film? Wasn't Tony gonna appear in that film or another? Marvel aren't gonna let the originals go that easy prequels or what not give them a free loophole. It's like calling IW a ballsy film...
    By source material @ssupes might be meaning the popculture perception of superman, batman and other dc character. I mean, i doubt @ssupes would want to actually read about the original batman who used guns or the original superman basically dangled the corrupt of from buildings and threw wife beaters into the wall. Moreover, i remember reading somwhere that frank miller actually met snyder and had no problem with what he was doing with the character. (this is a vague memory. So might be totally wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Doesn’t negate anything I said but please continue to talk about that which you hate. It honestly is pretty funny
    Where did I say I hate it? I personally don't care. Put it out there. Let the people who want see it see it, and those that don't don't have to.

But to pretend that this whole argument is one sided when both sides have been argumentative and trollish is myopic.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Where did I say I hate it? I personally don't care. Put it out there. Let the people who want see it see it, and those that don't don't have to.

But to pretend that this whole argument is one sided when both sides have been argumentative and trollish is myopic.
    Idk man you wanted to defend the haters so I’m saying you’re welcome to do so, because it’s funny

And I never pretended this argument was one sided...it’s only right to suggest to people that if they dislike something, they should distance from it, and a lot of the naysaying I was commenting on was based on distorted facts.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So I guess Warner Bros is rewarding harassment campaigns now.
    That's the whole reason I created this thread. This really smacks of rewarding bad behavior in my opinion. Plus, this thing needs something like $20 million to make it even halfway presentable. Which kind of bolsters the theory that there isn't a "Snyder Cut" in the sense of a watchable movie. Geek fandom has become this toxic stew of entitlement and it's running off "normals". There's also the fear that this won't end here. That they will demand any future movies be based around it. Hey, they got what they wanted this time, why not demand more?
    Assassinate Putin!

We should change the thread title from MIGHT to WILL...