Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's the whole reason I created this thread. This really smacks of rewarding bad behavior in my opinion. Plus, this thing needs something like $20 million to make it even halfway presentable. Which kind of bolsters the theory that there isn't a "Snyder Cut" in the sense of a watchable movie. Geek fandom has become this toxic stew of entitlement and it's running off "normals". There's also the fear that this won't end here. That they will demand any future movies be based around it. Hey, they got what they wanted this time, why not demand more?
    Ok. What about all the good they did? I see it as a reward for that. Toxicity is everywhere regardless of snydercut fans.Sonic made it money back cause of the controversy and subsequent change in design creating good will. All wb cares about is money. As said, they may be ght be trying to recoup the money they lost in theatrical release with riding the wave of this war in the fandom and publicity caused by it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Can you post evidence of the actual campaign promoting harassment? Because they never condoned it.
    Snyder egged it on by constantly drip feeding his most rabid fans with production stills. He didn't condone it verbally, but his actions did. He wanted his movie and he didn't care that his fans were being rude about it.

I never once saw the side tell them "nobody wants this more than me, but that's no excuse to harass WB and DC employees. Keep it civil."

Nope. Here's an unfinished Darkseid, now go and spread harassment, my parademons.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's the whole reason I created this thread. This really smacks of rewarding bad behavior in my opinion. Plus, this thing needs something like $20 million to make it even halfway presentable. Which kind of bolsters the theory that there isn't a "Snyder Cut" in the sense of a watchable movie. Geek fandom has become this toxic stew of entitlement and it's running off "normals". There's also the fear that this won't end here. That they will demand any future movies be based around it. Hey, they got what they wanted this time, why not demand more?
    I feel like I’ve said this repeatedly but they already are demanding more lmao.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Snyder egged it on by constantly drip feeding his most rabid fans with production stills. He didn't condone it verbally, but his actions did. He wanted his movie and he didn't care that his fans were being rude about it.

I never once saw the side tell them "nobody wants this more than me, but that's no excuse to harass WB and DC employees. Keep it civil."

Nope. Here's an unfinished Darkseid, now go and spread harassment, my parademons.
    Riiiight, grown people acting on their own accord is on snyder. Like, these are Snyder's "minions" to suddenly stop cause he ordered them too.

BANNED

Sorry but that’s a joke to me. Not once did he ever condone harassment. All he ever did was share work from something he worked on. Why does that equate to egging people on? It literally doesn’t, because there are toxic sides in every fanbase. It is completely unfair to apply the behavior from some shitty fans you’ve encountered to Snyder, and to an entire movement that has flat out condemned that behavior. Even the campaign’s website has a message condemning harassment. Snyder never came out saying he wanted it released, the only times he posted support of the movement was when Gadot and Affleck tweeted about it, and when Snyder’s fans donated to a suicide prevention charity.

Because what this is about. Snyder has fans. They want this movie released because it was what he was working on before his daughter died. Theyre doing this for her. And yes, there has been some really toxic behavior from Snyder fans, but there has been toxic behavior from all types of fans. There is no reason to say that behavior represents the entire movement. There is no reason for a creator and his fans simply wanting the creator’s work released to be maligned like this. People just happen to like a guy you don’t, and you’re mad.

I'm really curious where all this condemnation of toxicity and entitlement was when people were calling for the Reeves estate to sue Snyder for defamation, sending petitions to the White House to have Snyder removed from the DCEU, making jokes about his daughter's suicide or blaming him for the Titans trailer that he wasn't even involved in.

So, Pattinson isn't working out for Batman, Batwoman is being recast as Ruby Rose is stepping down, and Batfleck is back one more time. What a weird week to be a Bat-fan.

Astonishing Member

I'm more excited about the Snyder cut than WW84. That said I cringed everytime Snyder would throw out a teaser. It just reeked of sour grapes to me. FWIW I did enjoy JL but didn't like the way the director would keep going on and on about his version. It's like a main star of an underperforming movie who would keep talking about that movie years after it came out.

Gal Gadot tweeted about the "#SnyderCut". Jason Momoa brought it up constantly. I doubt they wanted people to get harassed.

You're trying a little too hard.

Well, never thought WB would actually make it. Okay.

Not looking forward to the "I told you so's" and (false) perception that fandoms making nuisances out of themselves will be rewarded that this will enforce, but not much we can do about that.

Won't be seeing it when it comes out, though; I think Zack Snyder's so-called vision was one of the key mistakes that hamstrung the DCEU out of the gate and all the stuff he's leaked just seems to be showing that rather then learning from the mistakes of BvS, he just doubled down on the things that made that a bad movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Riiiight, grown people acting on their own accord is on snyder. Like, these are Snyder's "minions" to suddenly stop cause he ordered them too.
    When they're going out of their way to harass people and he constantly feeds that with content and thanks, yes, he's partially to blame.

Over the years I have come to dislike Snyder as an artist and I don't much like his public persona either, but I could overlook all of it if he once shut his worse fans down. Responsible celebrities do it all the time. It dissuades the sycophants who do this crap, but he didn't, so I have no respect for the guy.

And no, it's not unfair to put that on Snyder because he was very aware. He just chose to ignore he bad practices of his fans while continuing to feed their fervor. He sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, never thought WB would actually make it. Okay.

Not looking forward to the "I told you so's" and (false) perception that fandoms making nuisances out of themselves will be rewarded that this will enforce, but not much we can do about that.

Won't be seeing it when it comes out, though; I think Zack Snyder's so-called vision was one of the key mistakes that hamstrung the DCEU out of the gate and all the stuff he's leaked just seems to be showing that rather then learning from the mistakes of BvS, he just doubled down on the things that made that a bad movie.
    Though I disagree with your assessment of BVS being a “bad” movie, I can totally understand why a person who didn’t connect with what Snyder was trying to do with superhero being totally uninterested in seeing more of it, especially more of his unvarnished vision like what you saw in the Ultimate Cut of BvS. For myself, I’m just psyched so I can see what the original vision was. The rumors and the teases that Snyder has posted his Vero account has gotten me quite intrigued. I’m personally more excited about this than any upcoming DC film not named The Batman. Will the cut be a masterpiece that will be heralded as one of the great magnum opus’s of cinema. Absolutely not. For me, and many others it’s simply about getting closure to an era of DC-On-Film that was...shall we say quite polarizing to say the least.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Here's hoping the Snyder Cut is just DCEU apocrypha. It doesn't need to affect the franchise moving forward.

BANNED

When they're going out of their way to harass people and he constantly feeds that with content and thanks, yes, he's partially to blame.

Over the years I have come to dislike Snyder as an artist and I don't much like his public persona either, but I could overlook all of it if he once shut his worse fans down. Responsible celebrities do it all the time. It dissuades the sycophants who do this crap, but he didn't, so I have no respect for the guy.

And no, it's not unfair to put that on Snyder because he was very aware. He just chose to ignore he bad practices of his fans while continuing to feed their fervor. He sucks.
    Well maybe if the majority of fans were acting as you say, and weren’t consistently using the movement to promote charity, I might agree with you.

Again, you ran into some fans that made you sad, and you applied their behavior to the whole movement, and now you think Snyder should call these people out. I mean, that’s a joke right? You’re joking?

Like I said—there are toxic aspects of any movement or culture. You cannot avoid it. There is no evidence to support the idea that this negative and toxic aspect of Snyder’s fanbase eclipses the positive, because it straight up doesn’t. WB giving into harassment is maybe how you see it in your world, but in reality WB saw the efforts fans were putting in to raise money for charity, send gifts to WB employees, and show love to a director they like. For some reason you just can’t even begin to see the positive of this, it’s like all of the good will and positivity the movement has tried to spread doesn’t exist to you because you saw the hashtag under some tweet and assumed those people spoke for an entire movement.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Gal Gadot tweeted about the "#SnyderCut". Jason Momoa brought it up constantly. I doubt they wanted people to get harassed.

You're trying a little too hard.
    Gadot has supported bombings, I doubt they think too much about "people" to be honest.