Spectacular Member

Question Why did Betty Ross become the Red She Hulk?

Betty Ross was once Bruce Banner one and only love. But sometimes after Thunderbolt Ross had that accident that turned him into the Red Hulk, Betty came back as the Red She Hulk and for a short time was a nemesis to the Hulk. From what I know, she voluntary turned herself into the Red She Hulk.

But why did she do that and why did she became a villain to the Hulk?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Betty Ross was once Bruce Banner one and only love. But sometimes after Thunderbolt Ross had that accident that turned him into the Red Hulk, Betty came back as the Red She Hulk and for a short time was a nemesis to the Hulk. From what I know, she voluntary turned herself into the Red She Hulk.

But why did she do that and why did she became a villain to the Hulk?
    Betty was turned into Red She-Hulk against her will by the Leader and M.O.D.A.K. They brainwashed her into working with them as part of the their plan to confront the Hulk(Bruce). Ross agreed to become the red hulk in exchange for the Leader bringing Betty back to life( plus doing so would give Ross the power to beat Bruce once and for all).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Because Marvel was totally out of ideas for the Hulk at the time so they just made every supporting character a Hulk. It was a very stupid time.

Extraordinary Member

Betty wasn’t a supporting character at the time. She had been dead for years.

Red She-Hulk was a way resurrect her.

Because she would have looked really stupid as the Plaid She-Hulk.

for plot
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Because Marvel was totally out of ideas for the Hulk at the time so they just made every supporting character a Hulk. It was a very stupid time.
    It's kind of funny. You had all these supporting cast members who got depowered in the end... and then in ANAD, the one character who hadn't become a Hulk, Amadeus Cho, finally did!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Red Harpy is an improvement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's kind of funny. You had all these supporting cast members who got depowered in the end... and then in ANAD, the one character who hadn't become a Hulk, Amadeus Cho, finally did!
    Except for Carmilla Black.

I thought she would became a She-Hulk at one point, for obvious reasons.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Betty wasn’t a supporting character at the time. She had been dead for years.

Red She-Hulk was a way resurrect her.
    This. I'd like for her to be Red She-Hulk again. I liked where her short lived series was going. The set up was there for a unique dynamic. I forget the specifics this far removed but it involved Tesla and Betty RSH was going to be part of a clandestine team that included Machine Man, Man-Thing and a few others.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Where is Mephisto when you need him?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This. I'd like for her to be Red She-Hulk again. I liked where her short lived series was going. The set up was there for a unique dynamic. I forget the specifics this far removed but it involved Tesla and Betty RSH was going to be part of a clandestine team that included Machine Man, Man-Thing and a few others.
    Well, Al Ewing did say that he has plans for Betty that extend beyond just the immortal hulk book. So maybe we’ll get a return to her previous status quo. And an offbeat team with those characters would be right up Ewing’s alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Given that Red Harpy is a cross between Red She-Hulk and Harpy, they could always go with her having both forms at some point, though it’s probably unlikely. One thing I wonder though, whatever happened to her sword?

Incredible Member

Red Harpy is a better use of the concept. She was The Harpy originally and now she's truly formidable and frightening. Red She Hulk ..... is a She Hulk, and we've already got one ( Before somebody chimes in, "No we don't!" I'll point out Betty went full Hulk herself for a time). Red She Hulk is too much of a redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Except for Carmilla Black.

I thought she would became a She-Hulk at one point, for obvious reasons.
    I always wanted her to get a Gamma Scorpion form