Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batwoman TV Series to Recast Batwoman

Wut?! 0_o

https://deadline.com/2020/05/ruby-ro...up-1202938863/

Going to be very jarring when Batwoman suddenly becomes a different person. I hope they pull it off, I was really enjoying this show.

Spectacular Member

People didn’t give a crap when they Bruce Banner transformed into that dude from Just Like Heaven, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wut?! 0_o

https://deadline.com/2020/05/ruby-ro...up-1202938863/

Going to be very jarring when Batwoman suddenly becomes a different person. I hope they pull it off, I was really enjoying this show.
    Wow. Having to replace a supporting actor is one thing. But the lead? Wow.

I didn't see this coming .

I feel like it is a big shame to see Ruby go because of how committed she seemed to the role and how much of a big break it was for her...and how she seemed to persevere against all the unjust hate and vitriol that was thrown at her and the show. I honestly believe that she was genuinely really growing as an actress over the course of the series, and the current episode is absolute proof of that in my opinion. But if there were physical difficulties that made it difficult to keep the role, then I completely understand.

But, even with that in mind, having to recast the lead for your show for it's second season is not an ideal situation.

I'm curious if they'll try and recast with someone who physically resembles Ruby or someone who will play the character exactly like Ruby did. I guess for consistencies sake they would want to keep her current characterization going, but will a new actress also means a new kind of Kate Kane?

Shame, I thought she was great in the show. I wonder what the reasons are that she decided not to continue. Well, wish her the best and hope her replacement can find her own legs in this series going forward.
    Wonder if they'll find some in universe way to explain why she's a different person?

Edit - don't know why it posted twice.

I know they want to cast another LGBTQ actor in the role, but as far as fan-casting goes, Sara Serraiocco would be cool.
    [Edit] For the record, I have no idea if she's straight or part of the LGBTQ community.

She played Baldwin in Counterpart, who was a gay character (and assassin).
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5077317/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm

Anyway, whoever gets the role, I already feel sorry for how much hate they might have to get through, considering what happened the first time Batwoman was cast. On top of that, there is the new Batwoman TV fanbase now, not sure how kind they'll be.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-20-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Amazing Member

They can do that?! Won't it feel disconnected with the 1st season. A better question would be. Are there any good actors willing to follow the footsteps of someone else. It's a lose-lose. Copy Ruby then you don't shine and put your own mark. Do something different then old fans will complain. They need to introduce someone big like Batman or Joker to get viewers is my opinion now.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I know they want to cast another LGBTQ actor in the role, but as far as fan-casting goes, Sara Serraiocco would be cool.

She played Baldwin in Counterpart, who was a gay character (and assassin).
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5077317/?ref_=nmmi_mi_nm

Anyway, whoever gets the role, I already feel sorry for how much hate they might have to get through, considering what happened the first time Batwoman was cast. On top of that, there is the new Batwoman TV fanbase now, not sure how kind they'll be.
    Never heard of her, but she's got the right look!

Extraordinary Member

Eh, I don't know why it was a surprise, I predicted exactly this when they cast her. I thought at the time she was too slender for the role; she'd never stand up to the physical demands. And that turns out to be the case, (most likely). Could have saved themselves some trouble if they'd listened...

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Couldn't find any clips, so if you don't mind slight spoilers for season 2 of Counterpart:

The best fight sequence isn't included here, pfeh, I can't find it or remember which episode it was.

I suspect they would want to cast whoever was runner-up in the original casting call for Batwoman anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Right look, but has acted almost exclusively in Italian films and television series.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Eh, I don't know why it was a surprise, I predicted exactly this when they cast her. I thought at the time she was too slender for the role; she'd never stand up to the physical demands. And that turns out to be the case, (most likely). Could have saved themselves some trouble if they'd listened...
    I remember thinking the same thing, though I used the word ‘Boney’. That and she never really stood out to me in any other role (not that it mattered, as I’ve no problems w. unknowns it’s just ppl were making a big deal about her being a big name).
    Still, I have to admit she grew on me.
    Now to see who they come up w. next...

Well, this is a surprise. I liked her work, I actually like the whole cast work, to be honest.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

They could use the girl from La Casa de Papel/Money Heist.