Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Half blue, half pink? Did Harley Quinn do her hair?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Half blue, half pink? Did Harley Quinn do her hair?
    In one of the Instagram posts she says something like "these are my colors now". So she is separating herself from the Batwoman brand - which makes sense given that she is no longer playing the character. And that in the early days of getting the job she wore red and black (out-of-costume) quite a bit, from what I recall, in Instagram posts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't really give a Batwoman vibe to me. Maybe a supporting detective type character, but not quite main heroine. But I could be wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I remember that crazy stuff from when they first casted Rose. "Why is Batgirl gay now?" "Why is it not girl and now it's woman?". Some people need to do research before commenting lol.
    Well how many times outside of comics was a Batwoman running around? If you have folks who never read a comic or even saw her before that show-you would get some comments like that.

I vastly preferred Ruby in the role (her appearance, the way she carries herself, her acting range, EVERYTHING screamed Batwoman) but alas it be what it be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

CW removed Rose from the promo art:
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...oses-batwoman/

Makes sense, since she isn't Batwoman for season 2.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-01-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Theres a leaked casting call (could be fake) implying a brand new character to be Batwoman.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I just started the show today. I like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Bette Kane was replaced by Mary Hamilton though.
    Well, not so much replaced as more revamped.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Theres a leaked casting call (could be fake) implying a brand new character to be Batwoman.
    That would be surprising if they did that.

I’ve heard of Batman shows without Batman, but a Batwoman show without Batwoman? Don’t think I can see that direction working at all. It’s too bad, I liked the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’ve heard of Batman shows without Batman, but a Batwoman show without Batwoman? Don’t think I can see that direction working at all. It’s too bad, I liked the first season.
    If Gotham can work without Batman then I don't see why Batwoman couldn't work without Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really don't understand this mentality in movies and TV these days where if an actor wants to leave a role, you have to reboot or re-tool the entire thing. It makes zero sense to me.

Not to play the "ornery old man" card, but when I was growing up I had three different Batmen in the movies (four if you count the animated one). You just accepted it and moved on.
    Yeah I don't understand it either, for a more recent example we had 2 Rhodey's in the MCU. Just make an in-universe joke about it and keep it moving.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

If any of this is true, I give-up, the series is ruined and I'm done with the Arrowverse:
    https://tvline.com/2020/06/02/batwom...ces-kate-kane/
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...arture-1296951

It's the stupidest decision they could make. RR doesn't define Kate Kane, but Kate Kane IS Batwoman - just recast, or don't call the show Batwoman.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

My two cents: they are desperately trying to improve the audience, but they will kill the franchise.

P.S. Can I rise the suspicion that they didn't decide to recast the actress because Ruby Rose decided to quit the role, but Ruby Rose had to quit the role because the authors had already decided to reboot the show?