Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    I'll watch a Batwing show if it only follows the first Batwing David Zavimbe as he was a far more interesting and compelling character than Luke was in the role.
    Yeah I think Luke is so boring and generic compared to David.

Haven't watched the show yet but hearing about the recasting makes me think this show won't last. At least it's done better than Swamp Thing, so it has that going for it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Greg Rucka gets nothing from the Batwoman TV Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2WT6VZZSI

Talk about writing Gotham Central starts 39:00

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Greg Rucka gets nothing from the Batwoman TV Show
    I know he pretty much created Kate Kane (though entirely by himself), but I'm not at all surprised he doesn't get anything from the TV show. Opening credits list Bob Kane as her creator (but that's more accurate for Kathy Kane, the old Batwoman).

Guess now it'll say Dries and Berlanti or something for the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    That would be damaging for the both of them IMO.
    Kate has a lesser hold on her own mantle, and Ryan becomes the spare. Every Batman replacement, temporary though they were, got their own mantle. Nightwing, Azrael, Batman 'Beyond' (yes, he's not called that in-universe, but he's Batman so far in the future that Bruce is retired and there's no confusion), etc.

No, if Ryan gets added to the comics she needs her own unique mantle so the character can stand on her own, and not be the one who got Kate's hand-me-downs (including Kate's family if the show is headed where it seems).
    If she were to be Batwoman in the comics, it would only be a matter of time before Kate returns to take it back, like Babs did with Batgirl. In which case Ryan would need her own mantle to fall back on regardless (and her own supporting characters instead of Kate's).
    Another way would be for her to have her own mantle but be Kate’s either sidekick or partner (either robin/batgirl or catwoman) just it’s hard enough at the minute for me because I like Steph as batgirl but that for me means babs is flanebird and Bette is hawkfire and that wasn’t well liked
    Truth is the best policy

Ultimate Member

That would be damaging for the both of them IMO.
    Kate has a lesser hold on her own mantle, and Ryan becomes the spare. Every Batman replacement, temporary though they were, got their own mantle. Nightwing, Azrael, Batman 'Beyond' (yes, he's not called that in-universe, but he's Batman so far in the future that Bruce is retired and there's no confusion), etc.

No, if Ryan gets added to the comics she needs her own unique mantle so the character can stand on her own, and not be the one who got Kate's hand-me-downs (including Kate's family if the show is headed where it seems).
    If she were to be Batwoman in the comics, it would only be a matter of time before Kate returns to take it back, like Babs did with Batgirl. In which case Ryan would need her own mantle to fall back on regardless (and her own supporting characters instead of Kate's).
    If you had editors who knoew how to do thier jobs and RESEARCH-they can find a new name for Ryan in the comics.

I've been digging around DC lore for a project and there are more than enough names for her to get.

Velvet Tiger is out there.

Let her be Hawkfire. Seriously we need to not have this at all. Batwoman should be recast.

Extraordinary Member

Batwoman is dead. Long live Batwoman.

I know he pretty much created Kate Kane (though entirely by himself), but I'm not at all surprised he doesn't get anything from the TV show. Opening credits list Bob Kane as her creator (but that's more accurate for Kathy Kane, the old Batwoman).

Guess now it'll say Dries and Berlanti or something for the OC.
    The credit will still be Bob Kane's. He didn't create the silver age Batwoman, Edmond Hamilton did. They must be simply crediting the creator of Batman.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_233
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The credit will still be Bob Kane's. He didn't create the silver age Batwoman, Edmond Hamilton did. They must be simply crediting the creator of Batman.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_233
    I wish real creator credits were used on the TV shows. Of course, without Bob Kane's Batman, there would not be a Batwoman.

I've checked, the show credits Kane and Finger, so it's definitely crediting the creators of Batman instead of Batwoman. And I agree, they should've been crediting Kate Kane's creators, if not instead, then at least in addition.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've checked, the show credits Kane and Finger, so it's definitely crediting the creators of Batman instead of Batwoman. And I agree, they should've been crediting Kate Kane's creators, if not instead, then at least in addition.
    I believe they are legally obligated to credit Kane on anything Batman related. Bill Finger is more of a respect thing because he had way more to do with creating him than Kane did.

They don't typically credit creators unless they are obligated to.

They're not, else Nightwing would also be credited to Kane and Finger, rather than Wolfman and Perez (who gave Dick that mantle in New Teen Titans).

Fantastic Member

We have two more new characters added to the show.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...*******a178659

Leah Gibson will take on the role of "The Whisper," a skilled assassin, unflappable and cold as ice in the face of danger. She is one of Safiyah’s most important henchwomen and still harbors feelings for her powerful boss.

Nathan Owens, meanwhile, is Ocean, a zen gardner and thinker with a complicated past. A loyal soldier and fighter, Ocean moves to Gotham looking for a new beginning.
    And here's Ryan in her street clothes.
    https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...80062624358400
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 09-24-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

"The Whisper" is clearly Tahani/Knife, no idea about Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    We have two more new characters added to the show.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...*******a178659
    Link isn't working - looks like Wilder in the url got blocked by the swear filter.