Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    They won't though, they specifically said they were making an OC, and Tiffany is from the comics and a game.

IMO they should have just made a spin-off for their OC and make-up their own title for her - but they only care about the Bat-brand for the cash grab which is why they are doing this. Even though they have alienated most of the existing fan-base now.
    I wouldn't even trust them to respect their own OC after this, they could throw her under a bus too, as soon as she gets problematic for them.
    Welcome in the "fans with wrong expectations" family.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Welcome in the "fans with wrong expectations" family.
    Me and almost 2000 other people.

https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman
    For obvious reasons, petition is dead by the way.

Nah, this isn't the first time I've been part of an upset fandom.

This one is frustrating though because it's not even a debate over difference of opinion - they've smudged grubby finger paint all over a decent still life, and they expect us to clap them and tell them how clever they are for it. Do your finger-painting on a blank canvas, not on top of a pre-existing piece, which was actually your own by the way. That's how messy it looks to me to undo an entire first season, keep the support characters based around an original character that they've tossed in the bin, and slap in a random newbie no one asked for, and then insist we should be happy about it.

Fantastic Member

They had other options, they could have used Sophie, Julia, even Mary if need be. Or swapped to a Batwing show. All better options IMO.
    I'll watch a Batwing show if it only follows the first Batwing David Zavimbe as he was a far more interesting and compelling character than Luke was in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    I'll watch a Batwing show if it only follows the first Batwing David Zavimbe as he was a far more interesting and compelling character than Luke was in the role.
    Same cruel character erasure situation. Luke displaced David and is apparently 'cooler', or so audience were told is my understanding. I haven't read either Batwing series, so I don't know how it all went down.

Well, Babs returned to Batgirl, so it might be possible David might return one day. Jason Todd came back to life, Cass and Steph returned to existence, and Kathy was pretty much rebooted as Kate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Disappointing!
    I was hoping they would introduce Luke's sister Tiffany and she becomes the new BATWOMAN to honor her late Father.
    Wouldn't really fit with the Drug Runner Background Story.

I sadly don't see Batwoman getting a season 3.

Extraordinary Member

When will Ryan start appearing in comics?

Like Renee and Harley.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Like Renee and Harley.
    Massively depends on how the show does both critically and commercially. If this crashes and burns, DC will never reference it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Like Renee and Harley.
    A lot of people already complain about Kate being in the Bat-family, and she's actually Bruce's cousin. Only way she might be accepted IMO is going the apprentice route with Batman, but then she's basically another Batgirl not Batwoman.

Plus it'd mean fridging Kate in the actual comics, and some people think Kate TV fans are loud.

Only way it could work is to give her her own mantle and not one taken from a pre-existing Bat-family-member, but even then a lot aren't happy about how large the Bat-family has become.

[Edit] Also, Renee and Harley didn't replace an existing character. Same thing with John Diggle - he wasn't created at the expense of an existing character. That's where the problem lies IMO.

My guess is this is more of a Patience Phillips situation, where the character is a one-off. Patience Phillips was Catwoman in the Catwoman film, but so far she's never made it to the comics.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-11-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Disappointing!
    I was hoping they would introduce Luke's sister Tiffany and she becomes the new BATWOMAN to honor her late Father.

Attachment 98563
    Luke has other sisters.

And this would make way more sense that 'Ryan Wilder'.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    The concept of Batman in Africa was great but I would have preferred a better writer and the art was really unappealing. Batwing #2 had better art and was better written but it had... Luke

Extraordinary Member

Like Renee and Harley.
    Renee appeared afaik first in the the comics.

When it comes to Ryan, there is no Batwoman comic at the moment, so they don't really have a boo where they could put her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Renee appeared afaik first in the the comics.

When it comes to Ryan, there is no Batwoman comic at the moment, so they don't really have a boo where they could put her.
    Renee was created for the cartoon, but they allowed the comic guys to put her in the comics ahead of the cartoon’s debut.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

A lot of people already complain about Kate being in the Bat-family, and she's actually Bruce's cousin. Only way she might be accepted IMO is going the apprentice route with Batman, but then she's basically another Batgirl not Batwoman.

Plus it'd mean fridging Kate in the actual comics, and some people think Kate TV fans are loud.

Only way it could work is to give her her own mantle and not one taken from a pre-existing Bat-family-member, but even then a lot aren't happy about how large the Bat-family has become.

[Edit] Also, Renee and Harley didn't replace an existing character. Same thing with John Diggle - he wasn't created at the expense of an existing character. That's where the problem lies IMO.

My guess is this is more of a Patience Phillips situation, where the character is a one-off. Patience Phillips was Catwoman in the Catwoman film, but so far she's never made it to the comics.
    If Ryan makes her way to the comics the best way of handling it would be to take a page from the Mystery of the Batwoman film and have Kate and Ryan alternate being Batwoman. Establish that only one can actively be Batwoman at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Ryan makes her way to the comics the best way of handling it would be to take a page from the Mystery of the Batwoman film and have Kate and Ryan alternate being Batwoman. Establish that only one can actively be Batwoman at any given time.
    That would be damaging for the both of them IMO.
    Kate has a lesser hold on her own mantle, and Ryan becomes the spare. Every Batman replacement, temporary though they were, got their own mantle. Nightwing, Azrael, Batman 'Beyond' (yes, he's not called that in-universe, but he's Batman so far in the future that Bruce is retired and there's no confusion), etc.

No, if Ryan gets added to the comics she needs her own unique mantle so the character can stand on her own, and not be the one who got Kate's hand-me-downs (including Kate's family if the show is headed where it seems).
    If she were to be Batwoman in the comics, it would only be a matter of time before Kate returns to take it back, like Babs did with Batgirl. In which case Ryan would need her own mantle to fall back on regardless (and her own supporting characters instead of Kate's).