Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm wondering if Rose is completly out or if she will appear at least in the first few episodes so pass on the mantle.
    Probably not (for now) since they haven’t been able to film anything due to Covid production shutdowns. Whether or not they actually get around to bringing her back for at least a torch-passing scene when production resumes is anyone’s guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I've read that the name of Ryan Wilder is a placeholder until they're ready to announce who the character is.
    The description of her as a former drug runner who avoids the police, will steal to feed a stray cat and can kill a man - and add to that the character is said to be gay, the only DC character that comes to mind is Holly Robinson, Selina Kyle's lesbian friend.
    If we accept that the gay character could be bi, then that makes Selina Kyle herself an option.
    I'd prefer a Kate recast, but if we have to get a new character, I'd prefer it to be a character that is exciting and has a fan base. Selina Kyle as Batwoman seems like the best option in a bad situation.
    Which reminds me how much I wanted a Selina Kyle spin off from Gotham, but this will obviously be a different Selina.
    I don't think that's a good idea, Catwoman is a way bigger mantle than Batwoman and she is Batmans most iconic love interest so making her DCs LGBT character will also not really work that well.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t think you’d want to make Batwoman bi, in terms of the representation impetus behind the show. At the same time, creating a wholly new character to fit a formula does feel eerily similar to the Batwing situation in the comics.

The smart move here would be to have Rose exit the show by having the character exit Gotham... but still as a vigilante doing stuff off-screen, while the new Batwoman assumes the mantle and responsibilities in Gotham proper. That way, it feels less like a checklist of traits the6 what to check mark off and just replace, and more like an expansion of the show.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I don’t think you’d want to make Batwoman bi, in terms of the representation impetus behind the show. At the same time, creating a wholly new character to fit a formula does feel eerily similar to the Batwing situation in the comics.

The smart move here would be to have Rose exit the show by having the character exit Gotham... but still as a vigilante doing stuff off-screen, while the new Batwoman assumes the mantle and responsibilities in Gotham proper. That way, it feels less like a checklist of traits the6 what to check mark off and just replace, and more like an expansion of the show.
    I think they're going to struggle with finding a convincing reason for writing Kate off that doesn't cause more headaches down the road, beyond having to justify "Ryan Wilder" who even the showrunner admits isn't a good fit for Batwoman on-paper.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that's a good idea, Catwoman is a way bigger mantle than Batwoman and she is Batmans most iconic love interest so making her DCs LGBT character will also not really work that well.
    Hmmm, actually. I kinda like the idea of it being Catwoman. She'll still have ties to Batman, and if she knows Bruce is Batman, she can work with Fox still and know where the Bat Cave is. Plus, taking up her loves mantle is kinda poetic in a way.

Do I think it will be her, no haha. But I would be okay with it. I just want it to end up being a connected character in some way.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Not going to bother searching for the answer - new Batwoman from the show or they just making up a character who will become Batwoman for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not going to bother searching for the answer - new Batwoman from the show or they just making up a character who will become Batwoman for whatever reason?
    Kate will stop being Batwoman for some reason. The audition scene implies it's due to injury or (apparent) death. The new character somehow obtains Batwoman's suit, and intends to use it to get revenge on Scarecrow, who killed her mother. That might not be how it actually goes down, but that's what's out there so far.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Hummm...
    What if they introduce Batgirl to this verse as Batwoman? Or one of them at least. Maybe a Cass Batgirl/Batwoman. Edit: nevermind, I just saw the call.

Or they try a Batman Beyond approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate will stop being Batwoman for some reason. The audition scene implies it's due to injury or (apparent) death. The new character somehow obtains Batwoman's suit, and intends to use it to get revenge on Scarecrow, who killed her mother. That might not be how it actually goes down, but that's what's out there so far.
    So pure lunacy and idiocy? Was afraid of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So pure lunacy and idiocy? Was afraid of that...
    The apparent plan is hardly a bad way of going about it, if that's what they want to do.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The apparent plan is hardly a bad way of going about it, if that's what they want to do.
    Eh, disagree. Them wanting to do it is bad enough, but then making some new character just find Batwoman's costume for reasons and become her while adding a vengeance angle on top... It is all just sounding very, very forced.

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-showrun...ne-not-recast/

Morons! I won't be watching, let the show die. Perhaps now I'll watch Titans - I hear Nightwing is actually Dick Grayson there.

There's a petition, if you want to further express displeasure:
    https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-07-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-showrun...ne-not-recast/

Morons! I won't be watching, let the show die. Perhaps now I'll watch Titans - I hear Nightwing is actually Dick Grayson there.

There's a petition, if you want to further express displeasure:
    https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman
    That is more than disappointing.
    Yes, its unusual for a lead actor to leave the show, but not unheard of. And considering its DC, with all kinds of weird crap going on, it doesn't take more than a line or two to explain the new face of Kate, if its even touched upon. But with this, I think they just shot themselves in the foot with this direction. And quite possible sunk the Batwoman series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That is more than disappointing.
    Yes, its unusual for a lead actor to leave the show, but not unheard of. And considering its DC, with all kinds of weird crap going on, it doesn't take more than a line or two to explain the new face of Kate, if its even touched upon. But with this, I think they just shot themselves in the foot with this direction. And quite possible sunk the Batwoman series.
    Yes, if this goes ahead I'm done with the Arrowverse, I've been disappointed too many times now.

Here is another article that goes to show that most of the existing fan-base are not happy with the decision:
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ign-twitter/#3

Thats a tough break for Kate.