Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I used to love The Flash, but the show has really gone down hill, I can take it or leave it but really I don't care anymore. Supergirl I was mostly watching because it was supposed to eventually tie in with Batwoman. Legends, take or leave, meh. I haven't seen Black Lightning because it wasn't part of the Arrowverse until recently, was planning to catch-up, but now, meh.
    The last season of The Flash was pretty strong.
    Stargirl looks way too much like Supergirl, which I only tolerated due to the now defunct Batwoman tie-ins. I might give it a chance in a couple of months when I'm not so p***ed off with the CW for sh***ing all over my favourite comics character. It's DCU, not CW anyway, so maybe one day.

I will say, beyond starring a blonde female lead and being a fairly light and optimistic Superhero show, Stargirl is quite different from Supergirl.

Basically every TV news site is saying what a bad idea this is now. Even Gerry Conway of all people has weighed in saying so (not exactly a comic creator I'd expect saying something about this).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Basically every TV news site is saying what a bad idea this is now. Even Gerry Conway of all people has weighed in saying so (not exactly a comic creator I'd expect saying something about this).
    Yeah, I think it's been a while since I've seen such an almost universal negative reaction to a creative decision like this.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

The petition has gotten more than 500 now. Maybe it will make it to 1000.
    If nothing else, at least it might let CW know the fanbase isn't happy, even though they will likely continue to ignore it.

https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman

Still, I'm moving on from the Arrowverse. Are the Marvel Netflix shows worth watching, despite being cancelled before completion? I'm not keen to finish on sudden unresolved cliffhangers.
    Daredevil S1, first four episodes of S2, all of S3.
    Jessica Jones, S1.
    Iron Fist, season two ONLY!
    First 3-4 episodes of Punisher S2.

At least in my humble opinion.

Back on topic, this is bananas. Idk how the show runners could be this stupid.

Extraordinary Member

What has the rest of the cast been saying about this?

Never watched any of the CW DC shows, I have been interested but it always seemed intimidating as more and more of them came out, but I was interested in Batwoman because because I love the character. Didn't watch it as it aired but was looking forward to getting caught up once the season was done...now though, this has kinda completely sucked out any excitement I had for it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What has the rest of the cast been saying about this?
    Not one of them (except Dougray Scott, who seems like a professional and just wouldn't) has the kind of clout to step up and say this is dumb out loud in the press. It'd be bad for the show and their career. Now, if they re-format the show and Alice, Jacob, or Mary become expendable characters, I could see some commentary on the way out that's shaded towards this having been a colossally stupid idea.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

And...they're going to kill Kate, as others predicted:
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-kill-of...ose-kate-kane/

Berlanti and Dries are intent on having a big-steaming-dump all over the real Batwoman it seems. Replacing her with an impostor just isn't enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Daredevil S1, first four episodes of S2, all of S3.
    Jessica Jones, S1.
    Iron Fist, season two ONLY!
    First 3-4 episodes of Punisher S2.

At least in my humble opinion.
    Iron Fist is actually good? That contradicts everything I've heard about it, interesting, I'll have to add that one to my backlog. Been enjoying the heck out of Future Man lately.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-10-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

And...they're going to kill Kate, as others predicted:
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-kill-of...ose-kate-kane/

Berlanti and Dries are intent on having a big-steaming-dump all over the real Batwoman it seems. Replacing her with an impostor just isn't enough for them.

Iron Fist is actually good? That contradicts everything I've heard about it, interesting, I'll have to add that one to my backlog. Been enjoying the heck out of Future Man lately.
    Well dang...I don't like that one bit. But I guess they made their choice. Maybe they have time to change It? I'm a big fan of letting a creator tell their story no matter what, so I'm okay with a new character in general, but killing her off shes like closing a door to fixing this mess. However, it's comics, so anything can happen. Maybe she can come back.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well dang...I don't like that one bit. But I guess they made their choice. Maybe they have time to change It? I'm a big fan of letting a creator tell their story no matter what, so I'm okay with a new character in general, but killing her off shes like closing a door to fixing this mess. However, it's comics, so anything can happen. Maybe she can come back.
    Maybe she can...but I don't see the fans (or audience) coming back to this hot mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Not one of them (except Dougray Scott, who seems like a professional and just wouldn't) has the kind of clout to step up and say this is dumb out loud in the press. It'd be bad for the show and their career. Now, if they re-format the show and Alice, Jacob, or Mary become expendable characters, I could see some commentary on the way out that's shaded towards this having been a colossally stupid idea.
    I can already see that happening. Besides Luke Fox, who else does “Ryan” need to befriend?

Those other relationships were because of Kate Kane not Batwoman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I can already see that happening. Besides Luke Fox, who else does “Ryan” need to befriend?

Those other relationships were because of Kate Kane not Batwoman.
    Mary: As the medic (and maybe the person who first helps "Ryan" after some sort of accident on the street) has some value. She and Luke have good chemistry and banter, and Luke needs someone to bounce off of. Also, if Luke at some point becomes Batwing, they'll need to keep an Oracle/Felicity/Wynn type back on comms.

Sophie: It sounds like they're leaning towards Vanessa Morgan for "Ryan," so I suppose it's possible she could be somehow related to Sophie (cousin, sister, old friend from home) -> you switch the Jacob/Kate hunter/hunted relationship to a Sophie/Ryan one*. The name is obviously fake, so one option is that it's disguising her last name being "Moore." It's also possible it's hiding Harper Row or Helena Wayne, of course. Another option for keeping Sophie integrated would be that "Ryan" is someone Sophie sees some of herself in (maybe Ryan was thrown out of her house for being gay) and so she's the one training her and brings her to Luke.

Alice and Jacob: They won't necessarily have anything interesting to do after Kate's dead. Jacob can become a generic General Lane or Amanda Waller type, maybe Alice can have a redemption arc? Nothing the creators have said since Ruby left makes me think they'll choose good options for anyone, though. I assume both will disappear well before the second season ends.

Others: Tommy Elliott can be a foil for Jacob and/or Luke, but none of the rest. Probably ignored more or less. Julia Pennyworth can be brought in to help w/training, I suppose, and maybe would feel obligated if "Ryan" was Helena Wayne (or a similar family connection). I don't see her being around much, though. Vesper can keep narrating. Whatever.

*To be clear, this is not "she's black, so they must be related," but, "if they want to keep Sophie integrated into the story w/o Kate, here's one way they can do it"
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Just to note it here: Caroline Dries confirmed today that Kate would not be getting killed off.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Just to note it here: Caroline Dries confirmed today that Kate would not be getting killed off.
    Linky: https://twitter.com/carolinedries/st...47593539063809

Now we just need them to reconsider the replacement option and go back to the recast idea.

Petition isn't far off from 1000, not sure if it does anything but hey, nearly 1000 people not happy about the replacement plan:
    https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman