Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don’t really watch this show but it fascinates me that showrunners have made a situation such as the star leaving their show needlessly complicated with their confusing decision to create an original character from scratch, and have her replace the old character from the comics.
    Well judging by the amount of backlash there seems to be, from media sites (many articles saying the replacement is a mistake), in addition to the general fanbase - I'm guessing season 2 is already DOA.

It's vaguely possible they might respond to the backlash and change their minds, it has happened with some films and games, not sure how much it happens with television though.

Article about films that made changes due to fan backlash:
    https://whatculture.com/film/9-films...o-fan-backlash

The idea about the blonde wig in a Mary FB costume is more about the disguise aspect. Just as, comics or show, Kate's wig disguises her normal short hair/look.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The idea about the blonde wig in a Mary FB costume is more about the disguise aspect. Just as, comics or show, Kate's wig disguises her normal short hair/look.
    Yeah, I know.
    It's just that in the comics Bette doesn't use a wig like Kate, so there's no reason why Mary should either. Mary has long black hair in the show, and in the comics Bette has long blonde hair. If they want to give Mary a blonde wig, okay, but it's not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While I agree with her on how black people are portrayed, I tuned into Batwoman to watch Kate Kane take up the mantle to help Gotham. If a "Ryan Wilder" was introduced as a secondary character, that would be fine. But as other people have said, this is looking like the Catwoman film; the character may call them self as Batwoman, but they have nothing to do with the actual character
    I have absolutely no interest in seeing Kate Kane replaced with Ryan Murphy, or whatever they are calling her. However, if Ryan suddenly gets mystical powers by having a bunch of bats breath on her, and there is a thrilling schoolyard basketball scene, I may just watch an episode or two

But Kate wears a wig to conceal her short hair/identity.

I'm just seeing this as making it more possible for a "Flamebird"

I would basically hate if Mary becomes closer to the Cass Cain version of a Batfamily person. Mostly because I don't know or read those characters. I want Kate and some version of her partner, Flamebird

Seems the latest promos are still getting swamped in demands for a Kate recast.
    https://twitter.com/CWBatwoman

Haven't noticed any further official mentions of "Ryan". And one of the promos stated to "discuss Season 2 secrets", doesn't. It flat out just promotes season 1.

I'm certain that the not killing Kate announcement was a backtrack, because the leaked auditions and earlier (though non-official) articles made it pretty clear they wanted to kill Kate, up until the backlash hit.

The newer 'Bat Chat' promo makes it pretty clear they still plan to go ahead with Safiya despite her being setup for Kate (and a Kate specific villain), but no further mentions of the Scarecrow who is supposed to be Ryan's adversary.

Is anyone else getting mixed-messages from all this?

While I agree with her on how black people are portrayed, I tuned into Batwoman to watch Kate Kane take up the mantle to help Gotham. If a "Ryan Wilder" was introduced as a secondary character, that would be fine. But as other people have said, this is looking like the Catwoman film; the character may call them self as Batwoman, but they have nothing to do with the actual character
    Love this analogy. I am interested in the CHARACTER, not just the costume. I disliked the Catwoman movie for the specific reason that it had nothing to do with Selena Kyle, even though I am a big fan of Halle Berry the actress. I would much prefer a recast Kate than a non-Kate Batwoman for the same reason I wouldn't like a Batman series with an unknown character under the hood. Ugh.

Incredible Member

How would you feel if they used Kathy Duquesne, Sonia Alcana, or Rocky Ballantine to replace Kate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    How would you feel if they used Kathy Duquesne, Sonia Alcana, or Rocky Ballantine to replace Kate?
    Mixed to still against it. While technically "Batwomen", they were strictly from the DCAU.

Just recast Kate and don't even acknowledge it. Or just use some sort of throwaway line, like, "That training was something else alright. I feel like a whole new person!"

Incredible Member

Mixed to still against it. While technically "Batwomen", they were strictly from the DCAU.

Just recast Kate and don't even acknowledge it. Or just use some sort of throwaway line, like, "That training was something else alright. I feel like a whole new person!"
    I was hoping Wallis Day would be the new Kate.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Javicia Leslie will be the new lead.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bat...se-1234701651/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I'm seeing a lot of comments saying they're going to watch it now lmao

I feel bad for this woman becing stuck in such an unenviable position.

I also feel bad for her that she's going to be playing a legacy hero who's a POC who is also a criminal and drug-runner. In 2020. Come on.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't think I've watched anything she's been in, but she seems passionate. I've always said I'll give the show a shot. See if they can make it work. I still haven't changed my mind. I'm willing to give them a season of my life, in Hope's that it's good. I'll miss Kate though.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member

It starts. Here it goes.