Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    They could use the girl from La Casa de Papel/Money Heist.
    You mean, the spaniard tv series? Aren't all of them spaniards? I mean, she's probably going to have an accent.

I need to watch that show, everyone is talking about it here (at home I mean).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-20-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Right look, but has acted almost exclusively in Italian films and television series.
    She learnt English, and did stunt training for her role in Counterpart, and judging by past interviews about it there was no indication that she wasn't open to doing more American television - just that Counterpart was her first.

Anyway, it's just a fan-cast, I highly doubt she'd become the new Batwoman. But it's fun to fantasize until we find out who actually gets the role.

Rachel Skarsten (Red Alice). Dual roles.
    Already heartening ti hear she’s grown that compelling since her first milquetoast Bat venture in BIRDS OF PREY.
    Run with it and play up the twin sister aspect.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-20-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wouldn’t mind this at all.
    Alice has been my favorite character of the series tbh.
    Her dual role earlier in the season, was fantastic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I remember thinking the same thing, though I used the word ‘Boney’. That and she never really stood out to me in any other role (not that it mattered, as I’ve no problems w. unknowns it’s just ppl were making a big deal about her being a big name).
    Still, I have to admit she grew on me.
    Now to see who they come up w. next...
    Apparently, an hour show is a huge grind. 12-16 days for ten months. Very well paid, but probably way too hard for many, especially a show like this. Evidently it was too much for her. I would suggest that whoever it is, she be capable of handling this, above and beyond the look and acting ability.

Incredible Member

Didn’t Ruby hurt herself filming one scene and had to go to surgery right away? Maybe physically she just can’t tolerate it. I doubt that there’s anything Nefarious involved. If it is because of the prior injury and fear of more injury you can’t blame her for looking after her own safety.

Best of luck to her!
    Last edited by bretmaverick2; 05-20-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Didn’t Ruby heard herself filming one scene and had to go to surgery right away? Maybe physically she just can’t tolerate it. I doubt that there’s anything Nefarious involved. If it is because of the prior injury and fear of more injury you can’t blame her for looking after her own safety.

Best of luck to her!
    Yes, she had a scare on set. How bad it was is hard to say from the reports, but probably pretty bad.

I think Rachael could pull off being both.

TV Line goes more into Ruby's departure.

Apparently she was having difficulty adjusting to having a lead role in a network drama and living in Vancouver, which also made her difficult on set.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    TV Line goes more into Ruby's departure.

Apparently she was having difficulty adjusting to having a lead role in a network drama and living in Vancouver, which also made her difficult on set.
    This seems like the "best" case here; it's just down to her misjudging what the role would entail, and I don't think there's any shame in someone recognizing they might not be able to handle a job. I don't like that it happened, but I'm glad it wasn't something more serious like complications from her injury or not getting along with the rest of the cast and crew (which doesn't seem to be the case anyway) or whatever.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I've enjoyed her in the role. I didn't sense there were problems. But, I've been very impressed by Rachel Skarsten. I hope she becomes an even bigger part of the show.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You mean, the spaniard tv series? Aren't all of them spaniards? I mean, she's probably going to have an accent.

I need to watch that show, everyone is talking about it here (at home I mean).
    Yeah, she's Spanish. Won't mind the accent at all if she can't fake an NE American one.

Yes, you should definitely check that show out. It's so much fun. I'd compare it to Season 1 Prison Break mixed with Hustle and some Guy Ritchie tendencies. The English dub is excellent, better than the usual, but it is still better to listen to it in the native tongue with captions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This seems like the "best" case here; it's just down to her misjudging what the role would entail, and I don't think there's any shame in someone recognizing they might not be able to handle a job. I don't like that it happened, but I'm glad it wasn't something more serious like complications from her injury or not getting along with the rest of the cast and crew (which doesn't seem to be the case anyway) or whatever.
    The studio doesn't seem too upset by it either so I think both the actor and the producers preferred she didn't continue in the role. I wouldn't call it a firing, but I don't think the show's runners and the network really wanted her in Season 2. They will probably announce a replacement pretty soon since I bet they've already been looking for a while. I imagine they already know who it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Yeah, she's Spanish. Won't mind the accent at all if she can't fake an NE American one.

Yes, you should definitely check that show out. It's so much fun. I'd compare it to Season 1 Prison Break mixed with Hustle and some Guy Ritchie tendencies. The English dub is excellent, better than the usual, but it is still better to listen to it in the native tongue with captions.
    Take this from a native Spanish speaker from Spain who has a rather good grasp on English (I think).
    Faking a standard american accent takes a lot. It's probably better than faking any of the british accents except for a few of them with some strong, clear phonetics, because it's a softer accent, with clearer, closer phonetics and pace. But it's hard. You need to go with either full immersion or having been trained into speaking English from your childhood by very proficient teachers. It is possible for an adult to speak English with an actual anglo accent; I know some (few) of my teachers had a perfect, received accent (standard british English is the usual here) and you couldn't tell if they were Spanish or English. But I've also met a few actual bilingual speakers (I mean, someone who isn't a native, but has learnt English to certain degree that it could be used as their own language) that had a very clear accent even when their phonetics were perfect. Why is that? I think it's because our rhythm when we speak is different. Native English speakers chain words, the words flow in their sentences however their "written" breaks are, and they make breaks in places that aren't there in their writing. Spanish speakers, don't. We're more "literally" in out speech. We're closer, and tend to organise our speech in English the same way. English requires some "melodic" sense that a lot of us Spaniards lack. Portuguese, Brazilians and Italians, I think, get better luck with that, because their languages are way more melodic than ours.

I mean, I'm in no way some expert; but I know what I've seen and experienced in my life, learning English, like the average person here has and does. Maybe she's a native to English, or gifted for languages, or/and has had a very good training in English. But if not, the guys who run Batwoman would need to invest in her training if not, and that takes time. I don't know, I bet there're easier choices for recasting that role. Edit: and Kate suddenly with a Spanish accent that comes from nowhere, err... I don't see that working with their audience. I mean, besides the sudden change of... her whole body and face.

----------

On the one hand, I love the heist genre and I like Richie's style a lot.
    On the other hand, I didn't like Prison Break.
    Pros win here, I guess. Yeah, I'm definitely checking this show soon.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-20-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Already heartening ti hear she’s grown that compelling since her first milquetoast Bat venture in BIRDS OF PREY.
    Run with it and play up the twin sister aspect.
    I say why not, there suppose to be twins anyway