Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The only reason this name popped into my head is because she's in the entertainment news for splitting with her husband, but how about Megan Fox as Batwoman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    The only reason this name popped into my head is because she's in the entertainment news for splitting with her husband, but how about Megan Fox as Batwoman?
    Let me think about that, no. Longer answer, she's probably about as good an actress as Rose, but really, I'd like for them to shoot higher, especially having seen Luke Wilson in Stargirl. Acting...matters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say why not, there suppose to be twins anyway
    Regardless, they have to find a way to get the other two from BOP to do cameos. I was a shame I thought, that the Huntress actress just had a brief scene without the one who did Oracle even appearing, and not appearing with Rachel at all in the COIE thing.

Not sure. They would need to replace more than the actress. They need to replace the writers. The ratings for the show have been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not sure. They would need to replace more than the actress. They need to replace the writers. The ratings for the show have been bad.
    No, they haven't. It has an above-average rating for the network and is currently their third-highest-rated show.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I post ONE thing about this news on my blog and got a recommendation on Youtube from some jerk saying The HERo's Journey is a Failure. Your cross-platform interest detection thingy sucks, Google!

Anyway, I misread the news for the first time. I thought she leaves because of her injury but apparently it's not?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Anyway, I misread the news for the first time. I thought she leaves because of her injury but apparently it's not?
    Not directly, at least. Not complications from it or anything. But I can't imagine it didn't factor into her not adjusting to either Vancouver life or the shooting schedule.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Apparently, an hour show is a huge grind. 12-16 days for ten months. Very well paid, but probably way too hard for many, especially a show like this. Evidently it was too much for her. I would suggest that whoever it is, she be capable of handling this, above and beyond the look and acting ability.
    Yeah, a schedule like that will wear you down.
    I’m not an actor but I’m former military, and during deployments it was a lot like that. I can’t blame her for opting out, especially as she did it gracefully (imo/as far as I know) and finished the season, and hasn’t bad mouthed the show/cast/crew etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not directly, at least. Not complications from it or anything. But I can't imagine it didn't factor into her not adjusting to either Vancouver life or the shooting schedule.
    Actually, I believe it did factor in directly; she says she's suffering chronic pain from it, which is completely believable and predictable. Back and spine injuries are nasty beasts; you rarely completely recover, and in some cases the chronic pain can be crippling. I place the blame for this squarely on WB for not looking more closely at her physical ability to handle that beating. Hell, she's always been too bony to handle the rigors of that style shoot for long, and that was obvious just from looking at her. And they certainly should have known it was a potential problem, having done how many of those shows recently...

I think the fell in love with her look, and didn't consider that part.

It's sort of like pro sports; there are some who can take the grind and injuries, and others that can't, (hi Andrew Luck, hi a former Cowboy who became an even better and higher paid announcer, hi too many others to mention). It's not their fault, and the ones that recognized the problem and got out with most of their body intact should be applauded. No use killing yourself for a sport or TV show. It took some courage for Ruby to do that, knowing it kills off probably the biggest and longest term paychecks she'll likely ever get, and knowing it won't help her reputation, and automatically disqualify her from these types of roles in the future.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-21-2020 at 05:07 AM.

A far out possibility here is to use Ruby's exit in the plot - Batwoman has vanished. In story she's on some pilgrimage or something, but essentially off camera for 1 to 2 episodes in which Luke and Mary try to cover things with Batwing and Flamebird introductions. The newly cast BW returns to begin crafting them all into a more effective team and step it up with both Jacob and Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Actually, I believe it did factor in directly; she says she's suffering chronic pain from it, which is completely believable and predictable. Back and spine injuries are nasty beasts; you rarely completely recover, and in some cases the chronic pain can be crippling.
    She also had back surgery prior to being cast as Batwoman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...l-surgery.html

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...b18f5dda45f6b4
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-21-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Good grief, why was she cast to play a superhero in the first place then? She shouldn't be doing anything involving stunt work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    A far out possibility here is to use Ruby's exit in the plot - Batwoman has vanished. In story she's on some pilgrimage or something, but essentially off camera for 1 to 2 episodes in which Luke and Mary try to cover things with Batwing and Flamebird introductions. The newly cast BW returns to begin crafting them all into a more effective team and step it up with both Jacob and Alice.
    Or just replace her with Batman and call the show Batman lol

Retired

I'm not going to speculate on why she decided to leave. We don't know--there could be any number of reasons that she might have had, that she can't reveal now--and those reasons might take years to come out. I didn't learn about Dick York's struggles until decades after he left BEWITCHED.

Personally, I would just as soon they cancelled the show but kept the cast and crew for another Batman related series. I just can't think what would work--it would have to have a strong connection to Batman--but I believe most other properties are already spoken for. There was already a GOTHAM, there is a PENNYWORTH--Batman himself is a movie property--we've had Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn and Joker movies and it seems like they want to keep Batgirl for a future movie project. The female Question would fit the LGBTQ casting, but there isn't a strong enough connection to Batman there. Maybe bring Lightning to Gotham and have her head up the Outsiders.

But I can see why the producers need to keep the series going. They don't really make their money on a TV series until after it's finished. They have to have enough episodes in the can to sell it to syndication and streaming. And they want to keep their jobs. That's hundreds of people on the payroll--and one person leaving shouldn't put all those other people out of work.

Given the CW shows won't come back until January 2021, they have time to plan. The original post-Crisis DCU didn't really consolidate until about a year after the series. So that could be the case in the Arrowverse. They could do a mini-crossover to relaunch the CW shows in 2020 that would double as the pilot episode for the Superman & Lois show. An upheaval in the multiverse leads Superman and a few other heroes (not Flash nor Batwoman nor Supergirl) to battle a big bad (someone like the Time Trapper) and the aftermath is a shake-up on Earth-Prime.

That wouldn't just help BATWOMAN, it would help the other series as they all will have to adjust to the changes wrought by COVID-19. I wonder how many actors and production staff will actually be able to return. This long hiatus could have other repercussions in the coming months. So they would be best to give themselves a restore point to come back.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

They already have a built in answer.
    Kate is captured by Alice and then Alice gives Kate a new face.