Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 274
  1. #61
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    There is no addressing it, Kate gets a drastic haircut because she needed a change, that is all.
    Have you even watched the show? Her hair is already short, she uses a wig in costume. It's more likely that she'll end up growing it out because the new actress has longer hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #62
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you even watched the show? Her hair is already short, she uses a wig in costume. It's more likely that she'll end up growing it out because the new actress has longer hair.
    A character getting a 'haircut' is code for recast. Yes I watch the show - don't be a jerk.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Some fans are getting very keen on Wallis Day:





    Wonder if these sorts of things actually have any impact on an actor's chances at getting cast or not.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wonder if these sorts of things actually have any impact on an actor's chances at getting cast or not.
    I doubt it does much. Especially in this case, since she doesn't even have a Wiki page.

    Interestingly, both Camrus Johnson and Holly Dale, a director of a few episodes, recently followed her on Twitter. Neither has worked with her before, according to IMDB.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  5. #65
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I doubt it does much. Especially in this case, since she doesn't even have a Wiki page.
    She does, just not in English: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallis_Day

    If things are kept professional, the noise of the fandom shouldn't have an impact in either direction, but I wonder what they make of all this. Then again, I guess the CW are probably used to this sort of thing.

  6. #66
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    7,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    They can do that?! Won't it feel disconnected with the 1st season. A better question would be. Are there any good actors willing to follow the footsteps of someone else. It's a lose-lose. Copy Ruby then you don't shine and put your own mark. Do something different then old fans will complain. They need to introduce someone big like Batman or Joker to get viewers is my opinion now.
    But Joker is dead and the whole reason for the show is Batman isn't in Gotham anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good grief, why was she cast to play a superhero in the first place then? She shouldn't be doing anything involving stunt work.
    She did a lot of action stuff in John Wick and The Meg. Plus she did some boxing matches and won one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Or just replace her with Batman and call the show Batman lol
    They would have done that in the first place if they could. But Fox owns the TV rights to Batman so the CW can't. They can't even use Batman on the CW let alone give him his own show on the CW.

  7. #67
    Incredible Member cgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good grief, why was she cast to play a superhero in the first place then? She shouldn't be doing anything involving stunt work.
    I saw her around Vancouver a couple of times. She isn't short like a lot of actors but she is really skinny, almost alarmingly so. When you see her walking around on her teeny legs, the thought of her duking it out with burly, fully-grown men, no matter how much training she received, is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully her replacement isn't such a bonerack and has a physical presence beyond stunning looks. Note that this isn't a criticism of her or her acting, just her physical appropriateness for the role, and I realise the same goes for the casting of pretty much any female superhero.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I doubt it does much. Especially in this case, since she doesn't even have a Wiki page.

    Interestingly, both Camrus Johnson and Holly Dale, a director of a few episodes, recently followed her on Twitter. Neither has worked with her before, according to IMDB.
    She was in krypton

  9. #69
    Writer of Jack The Hunted Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Some fans are getting very keen on Wallis Day:





    Wonder if these sorts of things actually have any impact on an actor's chances at getting cast or not.
    Yeah, okay. That photo shopped image works and she looks a bit like Rose, so the twin thing would work. I'm down.

    Pulls:
    Lion Forge: Summit, All CPU Titles. Humanoid: Omni, All H1U Titles. DC: Justice League Odyssey, The Outsiders, Young Justice. Marvel: Spider-Woman. Valiant: Shadowman. Dynamite: Vampirella, Red Sonja, Vampirella/Red Sonja, Sacred Six.
    Support Catalyst Prime! A brand new, amazing & creative superhero universe from Lion Forge!

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    She was in krypton
    I know. But two Batwoman-associated people following her without ever having worked with her before is notable.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  11. #71
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They would have done that in the first place if they could. But Fox owns the TV rights to Batman so the CW can't. They can't even use Batman on the CW let alone give him his own show on the CW.
    They can if they just paint him green.

  12. #72
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Yeah, okay. That photo shopped image works and she looks a bit like Rose, so the twin thing would work. I'm down.
    Hm, check-out pics of her, then check out pics of Rachel Skarsten, she also looks a lot like Skarsten.
    https://www.instagram.com/rachieskarsten/
    https://www.instagram.com/wallisday/

    Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Hopefully her replacement isn't such a bonerack and has a physical presence beyond stunning looks. Note that this isn't a criticism of her or her acting, just her physical appropriateness for the role, and I realise the same goes for the casting of pretty much any female superhero.
    Well, WD has a six-pack.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAK8Y3_hrK-/

    WallisDayInstagramPic.jpg

    Depending on the artist, Batwoman sometimes has exaggerated muscles, and at other times she's ultra skinny with barely any muscle definition at all. More often she has defined muscles though.

  13. #73
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    7,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I saw her around Vancouver a couple of times. She isn't short like a lot of actors but she is really skinny, almost alarmingly so. When you see her walking around on her teeny legs, the thought of her duking it out with burly, fully-grown men, no matter how much training she received, is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully her replacement isn't such a bonerack and has a physical presence beyond stunning looks. Note that this isn't a criticism of her or her acting, just her physical appropriateness for the role, and I realise the same goes for the casting of pretty much any female superhero.
    Always seemed a little odd when Supergirl and Batwoman were together how much bulkier Supergirl is. Flash is kind of skinny next to Supergirl too. Supergirl is almost as big as the guy they have as Superman.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They can if they just paint him green.
    He is Batman, not the Orion Slave Girl.

  14. #74
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    956

    Default

    I don't like the continued rumors going around that CW wants to cast Peyton List. The issue being the fact that she already played Lisa Snart/Golden Glider in multiple episodes of The Flash - making her far too recognizable in the Arrowverse and established as that character.

  15. #75
    Writer of Jack The Hunted Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I don't like the continued rumors going around that CW wants to cast Peyton List. The issue being the fact that she already played Lisa Snart/Golden Glider in multiple episodes of The Flash - making her far too recognizable in the Arrowverse and established as that character.
    I don't know, Golden Glider hasn't been seen in awhile, I think with the right look, she would look like a different character.

    Pulls:
    Lion Forge: Summit, All CPU Titles. Humanoid: Omni, All H1U Titles. DC: Justice League Odyssey, The Outsiders, Young Justice. Marvel: Spider-Woman. Valiant: Shadowman. Dynamite: Vampirella, Red Sonja, Vampirella/Red Sonja, Sacred Six.
    Support Catalyst Prime! A brand new, amazing & creative superhero universe from Lion Forge!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •