Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Trigon can likely beat any Darkseid avatar.

But the true Darkseid is some sort of abstract-level being, an embodiment of evil or somesuch. I don't believe Trigon has any feats that allows him to do anything permanent to such a being.
    God that is such a stupid retcon. Makes Darkseid look like he is completely insane too when you consider the fact that at one point he had a conversation with a previous version of himself before blasting said version into oblivion. By making all the versions of Darkseid out to be Avatars of the same entity that more or less made that incident out to be Darkseid just playing around with his toys/avatars, or outright insane and talking to himself. It's like the writers didn't have a clue of the ramifications of such a retcon would have on previous events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Be careful with respect threads dude. They tend to have scans taken grossly out of context and aren't generally reliable.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

How are they out of context?

One has to have feats to compare the characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    God that is such a stupid retcon. Makes Darkseid look like he is completely insane too when you consider the fact that at one point he had a conversation with a previous version of himself before blasting said version into oblivion. By making all the versions of Darkseid out to be Avatars of the same entity that more or less made that incident out to be Darkseid just playing around with his toys/avatars, or outright insane and talking to himself. It's like the writers didn't have a clue of the ramifications of such a retcon would have on previous events.
    Yeah, I hate it too. Then I think about how disappointed Darkseid Prime must be in his avatars.

Darkseid Prime: Go forth my mini-mes! Take over all realities! Crush the concept of free will under your boot! Enslave those that dare to stand up to me! For Darkseid Is!

*some relative time later*

Darkseid Prime: It seems as though most of my mini-mes are getting their asses handed to them. Quite regularly. And a concerning number of them are fond of sitting on couches or hiding out in barns. I wonder what this says about me.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Nah, it will be Trigon tearing into all the other Cosmics for always wearing the same outfit, often some combination of dress and gogo boots (states pointedly at Darkseid, Galactus, The Stranger, etc...), without at least trying to mix it up a bit.

Sure, Trigon may look like David Bowie cosplaying as Emma Frost, but at least he sometimes changes the color of his loincloth.
    Furnace Face changes his clothes all the time, and considers Trigon to be a poser. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Furnace Face changes his clothes all the time, and considers Trigon to be a poser. ^_^
    Yeah, but Dormammu considers everyone to be a poser and will cheerfully tell them so to their potentially omnipotent face, so Trigon shouldn't feel too bad about it.

BANNED

So....how powerful is Trigon since no one can bring up respect threads

So....how powerful is Trigon since no one can bring up respect threads
    You can use feats.

You just need to post them. And put them in context. Respect threads don't - they're a mishmash of stuff, including things that are temporary powerups that aren't otherwise noted, elseworlds, and other things that are questionable when viewed in context.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Yeah, but Dormammu considers everyone to be a poser and will cheerfully tell them so to their potentially omnipotent face, so Trigon shouldn't feel too bad about it.
    Well sure.

But Trigon pouts a lot, so I'm expecting to feel rather cut-down when the Dorm rattles off some horrible crack about his clothes. His sarcasm can be awfully biting at times.
    Why are we here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You can use feats.

You just need to post them. And put them in context. Respect threads don't - they're a mishmash of stuff, including things that are temporary powerups that aren't otherwise noted, elseworlds, and other things that are questionable when viewed in context.
    I’ve rarely seen anyone here post scans let alone an issue number etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I hate it too. Then I think about how disappointed Darkseid Prime must be in his avatars.

Darkseid Prime: Go forth my mini-mes! Take over all realities! Crush the concept of free will under your boot! Enslave those that dare to stand up to me! For Darkseid Is!

*some relative time later*

Darkseid Prime: It seems as though most of my mini-mes are getting their asses handed to them. Quite regularly. And a concerning number of them are fond of sitting on couches or hiding out in barns. I wonder what this says about me.
    Darkseid Prime: And stairs...to think that mere elevated surfaces would be my literal downfall.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

They have a beer and discuss their lousy kids who give them no respect and screw up. They probably discuss how they are going to pay for college tuition and car insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    They have a beer and discuss their lousy kids who give them no respect and screw up. They probably discuss how they are going to pay for college tuition and car insurance.
    I'm pretty sure Darkseid's answer to both of those things is Parademons. Just like most of his problems.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I almost always post issue numbers with my scans if it becomes more of a debate than a discussion. Comparatively speaking, I'm fairly new though. Most of the folks I see here are long time veterans with pretty good reputations and are pretty well trusted.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Darkseid Prime: And stairs...to think that mere elevated surfaces would be my literal downfall.
    Darkseid Prime: There's one that works at McDonalds, what happened there? And why is that one voiced by Weird Al Yankovic? Why am I the one feeling the most despair from my army of mini-mes?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's perfectly reasonable to ask for such things if you would like them in support of an argument.

General board culture is that scans don't come out unless it's in support of a specific point of contention over the specifics of a scene or the capacities of a character.