Default Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #10 Discussion and Spoilers

The best DC book is back baby! And God did I miss it, really needed some laughs lately. This issue was hilarious, and what kind of Jimmy Olsen series is it if Jimmy doesn’t cross dress at least once? Lmao that ending was funny as hell, that’s one way to ruin your brother’s plan to claim your inheritance.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Genuinely can't wait to see how this ties back into the main Superman books like Bendis said. You can imagine how the Lois book ties back in without much trouble, but it'll be a got damn magic trick to see Fraction loop this back into the main books on some level. Is it dealing with Metropolis as a whole? That's been at the heart of this book since issue 1.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Genuinely can't wait to see how this ties back into the main Superman books like Bendis said. You can imagine how the Lois book ties back in without much trouble, but it'll be a got damn magic trick to see Fraction loop this back into the main books on some level. Is it dealing with Metropolis as a whole? That's been at the heart of this book since issue 1.
    No clue myself how he’s going to pull it off, but I have faith. Does the name “Mr. Metropolis” have a lot of historical use? I know Morrison used it to describe Glenmorgan in his Action Comics run, but I was curious if Fraction using it to describe Julian Olsen meant anything. Could be Julian will get ousted from the Olsen family and end up becoming one of the crime bosses who will play a role in the Metropolis gang war that’s coming.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Everyone involved with putting this book together deserves all the praise in the world. Start-to-finish, each issue is a delight.

Can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This book has been the best thing that's come out of the Superman family of comics in many, many years. It's just a delight every issue.

Hopefully, they'll be putting out another one after this. Both Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen were intended to be ongoing series before they were mandated to be limited series in order to not mess up whatever aborted 5G plans Didio had cooked up. Now that those plans have clearly changed, perhaps we can get more Jimmy Olsen comics out of these guys.

I mean, let 'em take a few months off, but then BACK TO WORK!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait to read this whole thing in one full swoop. Going to be real rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I can't wait to read this whole thing in one full swoop. Going to be real rad.
    I actually don’t know if that’s the best way to read it. It doesn’t feel like a book written for the trade to me.

Astonishing Member

I've said it before, regarding the previous issues in this book, but #10 makes me want to say it again - this series is Jimmy Olsen done right. It takes all the Silver Age wackiness associated with Jimmy and just rolls with it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I actually don’t know if that’s the best way to read it. It doesn’t feel like a book written for the trade to me.
    I've already read every issue, as it has come out. So I mean more of a reread.

I agree with you that it's serial fiction at its best. The best Superman book we've gotten since Morrison's Action Comics, which I know isn't saying a lot- but hey.