Extraordinary Member

Default She-Ra vs Steven Universe

She-Ra, from the Princesses of Power cartoon, takes on Steven Universe from Steven Universe future

Bonus: They sit and talk

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Are we assuming that Steven has access to his full pink combat powers as in the episode where he fought Jasper for the second time in SUF?

Because, if it's that Steven, he blitzes her with ease and is a hell of a lot stronger than her.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I can't think of a reason why Steven wouldn't have access to those powers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Then he flattens her in short order.

End of series Steven was an absolute monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Then he flattens her in short order.

End of series Steven was an absolute monster.
    Not so sure. End of series She-ra had access to the unshackled power of Etheria, which, while never demonstrating it's full limits, was enough to power the First Ones "Destroy everything in the universe I don't like." weapon.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Not so sure. End of series She-ra had access to the unshackled power of Etheria, which, while never demonstrating it's full limits, was enough to power the First Ones "Destroy everything in the universe I don't like." weapon.
    Oh yeah that.

Unfortunately, we don't see how much of a boost it gives her physically, though it does give her mad long range transmutation as an option.

She's still waaaay slower than Steven so she should still fall to a blitz.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well he literally couldn't control them, so.

Steven is a weird character for rumbles because his powers are governed by his emotions and sense of identity, and that identity is so opposed to the violence that is rumbles bloodlust. I actually don't know if his powers would function under these conditions. It feels like making the Martian Manhunter fight in an arena that is on fire. Even if we assume he can tap into his powers... which one? His 6 Million Dollar Man adult form? His monster form? Or his "final confrontation with Spinel" form? Because only that last one felt like Steven was actually in control. Kid is scary powerful (overpowering Lapis and the Cluster is... insane) but I really don't know if he can use those powers in a fight without shorting out.