Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default An African-American Terminator.....?

Sequels to T1 &2 have given us the female T-X, asian T1000 and hispanic Rev-9.

I doubt Dark Fate will be the last we see of terminator. I'd like to see the franchise get back to its low-budget roots with an African-American terminator. I LOVED Dark fate and would love a direct sequel featuring Dani and Sarah in Atlanta...

Can you think of any actors, possibly athletes or musicians turned actors ,who could play one ? This includes women.

This terminator should be cold and ruthless like the 1984 T-800, but with its own thing going on. I picture one showing up butt naked late one night and walking right into a gun store grabbing weapons, clothes and a car in a very short period of time.

Would love a scene where it hijacks a garbage truck, smashing it through a crowded shopping mall in pursuit of its target..

YOUR thoughts, casting and otherwise, on this?

Incredible Member

why not , sign up terry crews for the job

Two thoughts on that.

First, OJ was intended to be the original T-800 but was deemed unsuitable because "He doesn't look like a killer"

Secondly I think the idea could potentially receive some mixed takes, some thinking it a logical extension (its a disguise after all) whilst others getting irritated that the villain is a hyper violent black guy who gets killed by the white saviour.

Cameron also considered Lance Henrikson at one point, with the idea of having the Terminator being more of an average-looking person who could blend into the crowd more easily. (Of course Lance was cast as one of the detectives looking into the "phone book killer")

I think we kind of got that with T2's Robert Patrick, who if you were totally unfamiliar with the movie's marketing and don't pick up on the fact that Arnold doesn't kill anybody at the bar you would also assume would be the movie's Kyle Reese until the "Get down!" moment (The fate of the office investigating the time portal was somewhat ambiguous at first, and Kyle basically did something similar).

I wonder if that's why Cameron cast Lance as Bishop as well (with of course the Terminator in-joke in the film too).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Deleted scene with Sgt. Candy. guess who on the vocals?

His race won't matter to the story. He would be like Blade. A human-vampire hybrid slayer. It will not be a big deal.