Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Wouldnt we chalk that up as an outlier feat given Hulks other performance against telepaths? Of course, this doesn't speak to earlier pre warp core versions of Hulk whose showings against telepaths were meh.
    Whatever else Thanos and Hulk have done elsewhere, I was amused from skimming that series that Thanos mindcontrolled the Hulk when he was otherwise on a low enough ebb the Avengers ganging up on him could make him bleed (it was a MCU lineup Avengers comic).

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    didn't Thanos once use some weird telepathic skill on Drax?
    Not just some weird skill.

The worst of dooms...

Death by...

TIME-MIND SYNC-WARP!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Any psychic defences in the mix?

If nothing else, Thanos has pretty big boy telepathy on his side.

I recall World War Hulk being "Too mad to control," but I don't know how much credence we'd typically lend that, especially in a composite.
    i think it was due to bruce actually working with hulk since he was uber pissed about what happened as well.

I'll have to look back at it to be sure.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eh, hadn't thought of it that way. Are there any examples you think of where telepaths did fine on the one being controlled despite being in a highly emotional state? And yes, time mind sync warp

Edit: unless...are you are referring to Drax being in a highly emotional state (really, really angry) when facing down Moondragon in Avengers? Thanos has controlled Hulk once outright (savage Hulk, but post warp core IIRC). Not sure how clean a feat that was given Thanos doesn't have tons of impressive offensive TP feats.
    Off the top of my head, ISTR that Professor X met Nightcrawler when he casually and instantly froze an entire mob that was about a second from literally hammering a stake through his chest, and as angry as Hulk gets, I don't think that it's likely to be as much anger and fear as an entire lynch mob.

Actually, did we ever see how the "strong emotional state" type of resistance deals with telepaths trying to make their brains trigger physical reactions without messing with their actual consciousness? Like, if Hulk was in the middle of his biggest mad on, is that in any way going to stop Emma Frost from just effortlessly triggering all the pleasure centers of his brain (which, if his fling with Umar is any indication, might not only be likely to de-hulkify him, but also keep him too buzzed to become Hulk for a little while).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-21-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Off the top of my head, ISTR that Professor X met Nightcrawler when he casually and instantly froze an entire mob that was about a second from literally hammering a stake through his chest, and as angry as Hulk gets, I don't think that it's likely to be as much anger and fear as an entire lynch mob.
    Maybe the argument that Hulk's level of anger effectively blocks telepathy is hokie. Unless the forums treat it as a "thing" Hulk does. Guess I'd have to dig up some issues and read them.

Actually, did we ever see how the "strong emotional state" type of resistance deals with telepaths trying to make their brains trigger physical reactions without messing with their actual consciousness? Like, if Hulk was in the middle of his biggest mad on, is that in any way going to stop Emma Frost from just effortlessly triggering all the pleasure centers of his brain (which, if his fling with Umar is any indication, might not only be likely to de-hulkify him, but also keep him too buzzed to become Hulk for a little while).
    Good question. Wish I had answers. I've always found it odd Hulks anger continues to grow over the decades, like...wheres the ceiling on this level of anger? Hulk 440, " i dont know that I've seen him angrier". WW Hulk, "this is the angriest I've seen him". WB Hulk, "WW Hulk not holding back!". I remember reading an old issue of Hulk where he beat Abomination who had been restored to his original level of strength by becoming 10x angrier. Could've been hyperbole, but this was savage Hulk who wasnt particularly known for wit. I guess I'm not certain I buy Hulks level of anger protects from telepathy, particularly high end telepaths.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Maybe the argument that Hulk's level of anger effectively blocks telepathy is hokie. Unless the forums treat it as a "thing" Hulk does. Guess I'd have to dig up some issues and read them.
    High scale enough telepathy has impacted the Hulk fine on a variety of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    High scale enough telepathy has impacted the Hulk fine on a variety of occasions.
    Off the top of my head, there was classic savage Hulk that was TPd by Jean Gray. Moondragon did it to Professor Hulk. IIRC, "Red Rajah (possessed Dr Strange IIRC)" did it to savage Hulk. I just dont recall more modern versions getting TPd. I think Hulk has no sold Xemnu of old and even recently, although I haven't read his Immortal Hulk appearance. I will say its bunk for people to point to Xavier being no sold in WW Hulk, and then Xavier being outperformed by Emma.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I think Hulk has no sold Xemnu of old and even recently, although I haven't read his Immortal Hulk appearance.
    The Leader in the body of Rick Jones had to channel the Green Scar Hulk from within the Savage Hulk's consciousness to break Xemnu's hold on him in Immortal Hulk.

… as I said last time, it makes sense in context mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The Leader in the body of Rick Jones had to channel the Green Scar Hulk from within the Savage Hulk's consciousness to break Xemnu's hold on him in Immortal Hulk.

… as I said last time, it makes sense in context mostly.
    ....I know quarantine is hard and all, but clearly its dangerous to be alone in your fantasies Pen.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If it does, a reminder that Hulk has been Captain Universe before.

I didn't read it the issue, but typically Cap Universe turns ordinary people into low-end cosmics.
    The Blue Hulk strikes again.