Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Will CW's Batwoman Disgrace Batman like Supergirl Disgraced Superman?

I completely agree with everything they said in this video. The way Superman was disrespected in the Supergirl show really annoyed me. And they did it over and over as a cheap way to elevate Kara. Really bad writing, imo. It's the main reason why I'm not excited about the announced Superman and Lois show.

How do you Batman and Superman fans feel? Does it bother you?

Note: I know Ruby Rose has left the show, but they'll surely replace her with a new actress to continue the story.

Last edited by stargazer01; 05-20-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Thankfully for myself, I never sat and watched Supergirl because I knew I wouldn't be entertained. But I remember in a crossover Supes said "The world doesn't Superman if it has Supergirl", I turned my T.V. off.

And from I hear from those who cover Batwoman the show kind of already did with, Batman, by saying he abandoned Gotham.

You must have missed the whole:

Fox-"The suit is literal perfection."
    Kane-"it will be, ...when it fits a woman"

Fans-Why can't they just write Batwoman without implying they are "fixing" Batman - melt down.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-21-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You guys are really offended at that?

Really?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not at all crazy about what went down with Superman, but I think "disgraced" is a little much

I think "disgraced" is a bit much even if I feel like Superman's portrayal has been hampered by being a supporting character to Supergirl at times.

As far as Batman...well, if you don't have a problem with him actually killing Joker, I don't think the show's take will bother you.

I haven't care for what I've seen of CW Superman but kind of seems like clickbait. I haven't watched much of the CW shows beyond their first seasons but the main point the guy seems to bring up about Superman getting jobbed out for Supergirl doesn't seem particularly egregious to call a "disgrace" or even unique to the CW.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-20-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I'd say no just because of Batman's stature, but at the same time I don't feel I can underestimate the depth of CW's shoddy writing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

They are tv shows.

There is no disgracing.

This is the PRICE you pay when you hold franchises hostage around certain folks.

This is what happens when you don't allow characters to stand on their own.

Supergirl or Batwoman can't ruin 2 guys with a ton of movies and shows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I haven't care for what I've seen of CW Superman but kind of seems like clickbait. I haven't watched much of the CW shows beyond their first seasons but the main point the guy seems to bring up about Superman getting jobbed out for Supergirl doesn't seem particularly egregious to call a "disgrace" or even unique to the CW.
    That happens when you have a network that panders to certain demos.

Probably on CBS-you would have saw something different.

BANNED

The people who watch these shows are mostly
    A) people who are already invested in the Arrowverse
    B) people who typically watch CW dramas
    C) old people

and then you have an assortment of comic book fans old and new. But these shows are long past disgracing the characters and source material. But I can argue the same for the MCU, DC films, etc. I will always say it, no film or TV series can replicate the greatness of a comic book and the vast intricacies that make up our favorite characters. It will never be done, especially not when so many versions and interpretations of characters exist (more notably in DC than anywhere else) . These characters will continue to thrive in all media because there are still so many interpretations that studios want to try their hand at; the disgracing has already happened and will continue to happen, but the non comic fans won’t ever be as disappointed as we are, and since these studios don’t make these movies and TV shows for us comic fans it doesn’t matter. The brand stays alive so the stories stay alive. Once in a while a diamond in the rough appears. Nothing beats comics though.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They are tv shows.

There is no disgracing.

This is the PRICE you pay when you hold franchises hostage around certain folks.

This is what happens when you don't allow characters to stand on their own.

Supergirl or Batwoman can't ruin 2 guys with a ton of movies and shows.
    Shouldn't this be seen more on the writers handling the characters within the respective shows then labeled as a result of how the franchises in general are handled?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That happens when you have a network that panders to certain demos.

Probably on CBS-you would have saw something different.
    I don’t know, just kind of hard for me to get up in arms over the possibility of Batman getting jobbed out or “disgraced” given the amount of times have writers have “jobbed” out other characters to make Batman (or members of the Bat-franchise) look cool.

For God's sake. Comic book fans are determined to make themselves look like the pettiest, most entitled people on the planet.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-20-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For God's sake. Comic book fans are determined to make themselves look like the pettiest, most entitled people on the planet.
    This right here