Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For God's sake. Comic book fans are determined to make themselves look like the pettiest, most entitled people on the planet.
    Where's the "Like" button on this thing?

I didn't bother with that YT video - the title says enough for me and I don't like to entertain whiny entitled fanboys. Supergirl and Batwoman are the stars of their shows - how should they be presented, as second-rate heroes in service of a character that's not on their show? It's funny when someone says these shows are "pandering." Just like Arrow (or literally 100% of tv shows I saw growing up) "pandered" to straight white guys I guess since Ollie is straight and white and depicted as awesome. When Batman beats Superman, are they "pandering" to millionnaires? Superman's been made Batman's bitch more times than I can count, but the Supergirl show is the thing that's "disgraced" Superman? Sure...

And btw, the Batwoman show has done nothing but praise and deify Batman so far. Kate looks up to him, the city was going to **** without him, everyone either feared or worshiped him.... what's this guy worried about?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-20-2020 at 11:35 AM.

who cares
    the show was a dumpster fire from the beginning
    Last edited by staptik777; 05-20-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Supergirl and Batwoman are the stars of their shows - how should they be presented, as second-rate heroes in service of a character that's not on their show?
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

The show isn't Batman. It never claimed to be Batman. It was never going to be Batman. If you watched it wanting that, you were watching the wrong show.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For God's sake. Comic book fans are determined to make themselves look like the pettiest, most entitled people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This right here
    Yeah, basically.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

The CW didn't do that terribly with Superman. I don't trust them with Batman, but they may surprise us.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Ive watched a lot of Superman. The TV shows, the serials, the movies...I think if you want to talk about disgracing Superman, you start there, not Supergirl.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This version of Superman even got his own series out of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't bother with that YT video - the title says enough for me and I don't like to entertain whiny entitled fanboys. Supergirl and Batwoman are the stars of their shows - how should they be presented, as second-rate heroes in service of a character that's not on their show? It's funny when someone says these shows are "pandering." Just like Arrow (or literally 100% of tv shows I saw growing up) "pandered" to straight white guys I guess since Ollie is straight and white and depicted as awesome. When Batman beats Superman, are they "pandering" to millionnaires? Superman's been made Batman's bitch more times than I can count, but the Supergirl show is the thing that's "disgraced" Superman? Sure..
    My issue has never been expecting to present the actual stars of the shows as second-rate compared to the characters they spun off from...but sometimes it's felt like their handling of Superman was a little excessive in helping prop up Kara when you didn't need to do it. And then focusing stuff centered around Clark on Kara (like Lex) or just generally depicting Clark as much less excessive.

Like, I wouldn't call it "disgraceful," but neither does it seem necessary.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Outside of Rebirth Superman the CW version of Clark is the best version of the character that we've gotten in a long time. Him losing to Kara in a fight, once, is not a bad thing and declaring that the Earth is safe enough with her so that he can go and learn more about his people / have his baby in peace does not a bad portrayal make. He's getting his own show, he's so popular.

As for Batman... I don't know if we'll ever actually see Batman. Maybe he sees that Kate has taken over the mantle and chooses to stay retired while she gets her own Batgirl, Robin, etc. That would be fine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    The CW didn't do that terribly with Superman. I don't trust them with Batman, but they may surprise us.
    The debut of CWs Superman helped me get over the disappointment of Snyder's dumpster fire version from BvS.

Smashes the Klan and Man of Tomorrow are the only things scratching my itch. Those two books are better than recent movies, shows, and mainstream comics put together. Neither film nor tv has been kind to the character outside of animation format.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Any and all characters will job for the core characters on CW shows. Felicity and the mess that is the several Black Canaries is proof of that.

If you want Clark or Bruce to get a good showing and not job to derivative characters from their franchises, you're at the wrong Network. Go watch Black Lightning instead. Largely self-contained and pretty fun.

Honestly i think they've ALREADY disgraced Batman a heck of a lot more than they ever did Superman. The idea that Kate is better for the sole reason of 'She's a woman'. The fact he abandoned Gotham... the fact that it was a fight of Batman that caused her sister to have all her issues in the first place and never was able to find her... Now I'm hearing rumors that he killed Joker before vanishing... Add in the fact we're back to the Fox's outfitting Batman and the suit itself is treated like some magical artifact and 'anyone' who wears it can be Batman.... Ughhh... Not even counting Alternate Bruce who's psychotic and murderhappy. keeping trophies of killing Clark. I really don't know what else they could do.

It sure beats the star of the show actually pulling off a win in a fight with Superman... or he saying he wouldn't be able to sacrifice Lois to save the planet.. Batman's treatment is already worse.. and now that Clark gets to headline a series, maybe he can build up some street cred again.

It doesn't matter - it's the CW, their versions of the characters are light years behind the movies in public consciousness. Batman is disgraced in Batwoman? Eh, it's a second rate show on a second rate network (and this is coming from a CW DC fan). The upcoming Pattinson movie will be awesome. Hell, we're getting the Snyder cut of Justice League after all so Batfleck is kind of coming back sort of. Batman can take whatever the CW writers throw out at him and remain undamaged.

Superman on the other hand needs a kick ass blockbuster again pronto!

Can't do much worse than the comics have in recent times.

Sociopathic tendencies.
    Physically assaulting those he calls family.
    Sending his youngest into imminent danger while he hangs out with Selena like he's on vacation.

So much more.