Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most fans would kill to have a t.v. show of their favorite characters after the studio gave up on them in film. Treating Superman getting another t.v. series as the wrong direction is just weird.
    Most fans would kill to not have a studio give up on their favorite character in film to begin with. A tv series isn't the wrong direction, giving up on film is the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm fine with a TV series if the writing, direction and production values are solid or great. But that's not the case with the CW shows. Very inconsistent and often cringe with some good moments.
    Eh, I actually genuinely like the CW shows for what they are, despite the soap opera writing at times. But I feel like they have written themselves in a corner with Clark thanks to the Supergirl show, plus they're going with a take I hate (Superdad), so despite being a CW fan in general this show just doesn't have me enthused to put it mildly. Hell, I might even be in a weird position where I might want it to fail just to send a message to WB to drop the Superman is a daddy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Most fans would kill to not have a studio give up on their favorite character in film to begin with. A tv series isn't the wrong direction, giving up on film is the wrong direction.
    I doubt these shows have ever stopped something from appearing in a movie. If Superman isn’t getting a solo movie anytime soon (and who knows maybe he will get another shot) it’ll be because every movie he’s had since Superman 3 has fallen short of expectations one way or another. Not because a tv show has dibs. I love Superman, but his movie track record sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I doubt these shows have ever stopped something from appearing in a movie. If Superman isn’t getting a solo movie anytime soon (and who knows maybe he will get another shot) it’ll be because every movie he’s had since Superman 3 has fallen short of expectations one way or another. Not because a tv show has dibs. I love Superman, but his movie track record sucks.
    The shows haven't stopped movies, but movies stop shows - they're only making this because there's no plan for Superman in film anymore. Nothing you're saying is wrong, the show has nothing to do with it, just the fact it exists because they gave up on him in film is sad. It isn't about dibs, it's about losing hope for a good movie.

Sure, but they’re a little more lenient now. Just look at the JSA situation with Black Adam and Stargirl. Personally even before this Snyder cut, I believed they plan to have Superman in Shazam 2.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Sure, but they’re a little more lenient now. Just look at the JSA situation with Black Adam and Stargirl. Personally even before this Snyder cut, I believed they plan to have Superman in Shazam 2.
    The JSA isn't getting a film that we know of - they're supporting characters in both Black Adam and Stargirl from what I'm getting. Even in Shazam 2 if Superman shows up it'll probably be like Shazam 1. A small cameo. I'll believe they're more lenient when a hero is headlining both a film and a show. Right now it just seems to be a bit parts thing.

Extraordinary Member

I’m looking forward to “Superdad.” It’s a different take, sure.

But between Lois and Clark, Smallville, Supergirl and Krypton, I’m ready to see that take.

Ultimate Member

The Superman show hasn't even come out yet. We don't know what it would be like.
    It's a CW show. Look at their track record. Yeah I would be a little concerned but not enough to be panicking.

It falls down to WHO are you trying to pander the show to. Despite the source material.

The 100 went a different direction from the books when Eli (the black guy) was killed off because everyone liked the bad boy.
    Riverdale alienated many Archie fans with how Chuck Clayton, Ms Grundy and others got crapped on.

So who knows what this series will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They "disgraced" Superman?

Amen. I'd kiss this meme if I could.

All this petty bitching about Batman or Superman being "disgraced," "**** on," "leeched from," doesn't even amount to "my favorite is not being treated well" or "the primary character around whom the family this particular secondary character spun off from isn't being worshiped reverently enough." It's "This lesser character is being allowed to step out of bounds from the strictly enforced lower caste I alone view them as being in AND THAT IS A CRIME AGAINST MY BELIEFS AND MUST BE PUNISHED."

And I here I thought video game fans were bad.

I would say Supergirl redeemed Superman after Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League (which IMHO really "disgraced" every DC hero in those abominations) because the show's writers understood what makes Superman cool is that he's doesn't need to act like a brooding and depressing dopey teenager which is something Zack Snyder and company will NEVER understood and probably never will understand.

I feel the same with Batwoman doing the same with Batman.

Honestly when four or five CW TV shows does a better job of making a Justice League movie in 2 TV show crossovers (which are FTR Crisis On Earth-X and Crisis on Infinite Earths) with 1/100th the budget of movies with budgets close to half a billion dollars each and do a much better job with these characters makes you wonder why WB is not going for more TV shows and just abandoning the movies (their only really successes is when they try to be more like Marvel movies) because Marvel has completely failed in the TV department.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 05-24-2020 at 07:37 AM.

The MoS and CW Superman haters are equally absurd in their arbitrary rules for what "makes Superman".

It's a matter of personal taste I prefer to see Superman as a symbol of hope, and not of pointless destruction.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 05-24-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Superman as a symbol of hope not of pointless destruction. Man of Steel just treated him like a wrecking ball with no regards for human life until the very end which made zero sense because why should he care about four random humans he sure didn't hold back when he helped to destroy Smallville and Metropolis. The film isn't helped that Henry Cavil has zero charm and can't act to save his life.
    Yeah, the first thing we see him doing in mos is saving a bunch of people from an oil rig fire. The guy avoided fighting until the Zod invasion and anyone who is actually paying attention will see most if not all the destruction is caused by Zod. What we saw in mos isn't even different from your average superhero fight.

Superman's biggest enemy is and always will be his fanbase and theur ridiculous standards which half the time have never been lived up to.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The MoS and CW Superman haters are equally absurd in their arbitrary rules for what "makes Superman".
    Right, people can't have tastes. That show and movie ain't for me. It's that simple. Furthermore, action and action comics made superman. A superman with action is like a fish with out water.

Yeah, the first thing we see him doing in mos is saving a bunch of people from an oil rig fire. The guy avoided fighting until the Zod invasion and anyone who is actually paying attention will see most if not all the destruction is caused by Zod. What we saw in mos isn't even different from your average superhero fight.
    Except when Smallville and Metropolis looked like they have been hit by a nuclear bomb and Superman punching Zod and the other Kryptonians threw buildings and stores killing mllions of people. Sorry but IMHO Man of Steel is an awful movie and nothing you or any one else is going to say is going to change that.