Page 12 of 211 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    To answer your question, no, I have not been crying
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lzqRVuRqN0

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Fabian Wagner (Snyder's cinematographer) and Jay Oliva (helped Zack storyboard JL and also worked with Zack on his overall original 5 film plan) have both mentioned that the theatrical cut had about 25% of what Snyder shot. Wagner specifically said that, Jay Oliva has been more roundabout in saying it. Zack Snyder was also quoted in an interview as saying he was told from trusted sources that we saw about 25% of what he shot in the theatrical release.

While I'm on about all of this, I'll throw the following out for everyone. It's already on the Internet but spoilers ahead for what was originally the 5 film Snyder Superman arc:

Superman was always coming back to life, there was the dirt rising from his coffin at the end of BvS that Snyder debated putting in there, but decided to so everyone knew he wasn't really dead. It's not something WB made Zack change early on or anything, again citing what we've been told about the 5 film plan.

Superman's journey was going to take even more interesting turns in Justice League Part II when the JL take the fight to Apokolips, get their butts kicked by Darkseid, then he goes to Earth, kills Lois who is hiding in the Batcave and by doing so, subjects Superman to the anti-life equation. Then between JL II and Justice League Part III (this one is actually the final film in the original plans and has been "untitled"), Flash was going to fix everything by running back in time preventing Lois's death, etc. and the JL finding a way to defeat Darkseid and then stepping into the heroes they were all born to be, etc. All of this was drawn up some time shortly after Man of Steel released in 2013, IIRC.

Anyway, people can debate all of that all they want, just know it's very very unlikely we'll see any of it at this point since it seems like AT&T/HBO Max are simply letting Snyder "finish" his original intent with Justice League as a trilogy capper of sorts. Which, I'm happy with that and won't ask for more at this point.
    This really seems to imply that the "Snyder cut" releasing next year is not the actual cut of the film that Snyder intended on releasing when he was directing the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To be fair to DC/WB Justice League was already started by the time they saw the reaction to BvS. They would had to shut that movie down which would lost them alot of money guaranteed.

And suppsedy Snyder was never fired. He turned in a 4hr long film they weren't happy with and couldn't make the changes they demanded before he had to step away because of a family tragedy. So they brought Wheedon in and had him make the changes they wanted. Wheedon I feel bad for too.. Justice league doesn't have the highs of the other two films but it also doesnt have any of the other **** that makes watching them a chore. For me Justice league is the most watchable movie of the 3. It Flys by and I enjoy some of the characters.

Side note I liked what Ray Fisher did with Cyborg. Hated the CG character design but when he was covered up in sweat I liked the way Ray played him. Hope we get that Cyborg back. Ezra Miller has most of the funny lines but yea iono still in the fence with him as flash. If that movie ever happens hope they bring Cyborg into it.
    My understanding was that the WB panicked when they saw early reactions from test audiences. I also think JL is the most watchable of the three. That's really not a comment about its quality, just a fact.

I don't believe the whole "Only Superman can beat this guy because he's 99% of the Justice League's power" will be gone in the new cut. That's the whole motive for bringing him back. Which is ironic when people say Snyder hates Superman.

When and if I see the movie, I think the test will come for me early on with the scene involving Wonder Woman and the terrorists. Had she failed to save those people, I think I would have felt the temptation to get up and walk out. Just one thing too many after the previous movies. If that, at least, stays the same with WW saving them, then at least there's hope for the rest of the movie.

But, again, Snyder or Whedon, dark or brighter, I think the biggest flaw that is probably inherent to the premise is that the Justice League is nothing without Superman. Everyone but one character is irrelevant simply is not a good basis for a team movie and the old "Superman can't be everywhere" excuse just doesn't cut it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Wait I was going to check this out, out of curiosity but dear god please tell me the Snyder Cut isn't 4 hours long?

Astonishing Member

I don't believe the whole "Only Superman can beat this guy because he's 99% of the Justice League's power" will be gone in the new cut. That's the whole motive for bringing him back. Which is ironic when people say Snyder hates Superman.
    Which would have been fine if the movie had set them up as that big of a threat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Seen reports that Snyder reached out to the main cast. They all seem to love him , so they might do it on the cheap. Someone like Jason Mamoa might show up for free on his own dime. Just seems like that kinda guy. Affleck gonna be the tough one because I think he wants nothing to do with batman. Though he did say he was happy for Zach so maybe.
    If they do it like soon, there's not a lot of people working. They may be able to shoot new footage with just a handful of crew...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    My understanding was that the WB panicked when they saw early reactions from test audiences. I also think JL is the most watchable of the three. That's really not a comment about its quality, just a fact.

When and if I see the movie, I think the test will come for me early on with the scene involving Wonder Woman and the terrorists. Had she failed to save those people, I think I would have felt the temptation to get up and walk out. Just one thing too many after the previous movies. If that, at least, stays the same with WW saving them, then at least there's hope for the rest of the movie.
    Well what would be weird is if the "failing to save those people" is back in, but along with "being the one member to decapitate Steppenwolf". If he's putting back in the stuff that was cut, apparently that was in there too. Plus the twitter pic of WW where he said something like "I don't know about you but you use gods to kill gods".

But, again, Snyder or Whedon, dark or brighter, I think the biggest flaw that is probably inherent to the premise is that the Justice League is nothing without Superman. Everyone but one character is irrelevant simply is not a good basis for a team movie and the old "Superman can't be everywhere" excuse just doesn't cut it.
    I *think* the idea is that the league is nothing without each other. Whether that will be conveyed well or not is another thing altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wait I was going to check this out, out of curiosity but dear god please tell me the Snyder Cut isn't 4 hours long?
    Well, yes, it will be at least 4 hours long, I figured that's one of the reasons they're breaking it up into, what, 35-40 minute segments to air on HBOMax weekly.

In theory, since they're breaking it up anyway, Snyder can make it as long as he wants with all of the footage he didn't/couldn't use, but I doubt it will be less than 4 hours total.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You will be able to watch this from the comfort of your home, and pause the movie whenever you like, and take bathroom breaks or do something else, so it isn’t a big deal.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-27-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

turn it into a six episode mini series. might as well, especially if this is the last JLA movie for many years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    turn it into a six episode mini series. might as well, especially if this is the last JLA movie for many years.
    They have $20 million, and they're only adding CGI and voice overs. Snyder can't do everything with this, only with what he's allowed to and within the restrictions of the quarantine.

I think I might be missing something here, exactly why does everyone want to see the Snyder cut so badly. I've read all the deleted scenes and what not but it still sounds like a jumbled mess, which is what the final theatrical cut of the film was too. So I mean instead of seeing a Whedon/Snyder jumbled mess, we'll just see the full Snyder mess.

WB is throwing so much money into this it's a shame. I wish they'd put that 20-30mil somewhere else, like Shazam! 2 or Titans season 3 (It's a good show just needs a bigger budget) or even Better yet Doom Patrol.

Why did WB do a 180 here?

They fired Snyder for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman having bad receptions. Why are they now releasing the next Snyder film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Why did WB do a 180 here?

They fired Snyder for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman having bad receptions. Why are they now releasing the next Snyder film?
    It's a quick and dirty way to make some money off a film when they can't make or release other ones right now. Having some interest in this retread is better than no interest, and they have little to lose. It's a way to make some money out of a project that seemed inconceivable a few months ago