Page 169 of 211 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think people wanted a Superman who actually had a personality
    To say Superman didn't have a personality is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think that any sequel talk from warner or news outlets should be reserved until after the numbers come in. Regardless on how I personally feel about the films, there has to be a financially sound plan to move forward with these films before greenlighting anything. Acting prematurely at this point would be very poor management.

Additionally, depending on the success of this film it may prompt more questions than answers on direction forward. Like do you continue the current DC film continuity on HBO Max but then how do you continue WW, Aquaman, Shazam, etc in theaters? Do you reboot with a black Superman still? Too many questions will come up based on the success so at this time its too early to say.
    I'm not trying to be negative but there is almost no chance that this is successful enough for them rethink they're current plans. Aquaman and Wonder Women blew his previous films out of the water. If by some miracle a sequel happens it would have to be on HBO max. Also only time will tell but I see no evidence that this film has any level of awareness outside of Fandom. I think the amount of awareness among fandom creates a false reality. Where as most average Joe's have no idea what this from what I've seen. Also it would need to get great reviews and make financial sense. Casuals aren't aware, so every Snydercut supporter would have to not be enrolled in HBOmax and sign up just for this. Then unenroll before GvK. So who knows what could happen but I think Snyder followers best chance is an animated mini series. Team up with DC animation and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I know Grace and then sketchy sources like We got this covered reporting Justice league 2 happening is gonna get Snydercut people even more worked up. Despite how wrong about stuff they usually are. Also you can't make Justice League 2 for 70m. What they should do is greenlight it but as an Animated film. That's has a real chance of happening live action seems like a very very very long shot. I don't see them handing Snyder another 200m+ budget film. Defiently not for a streaming service.
    The way WarnerMedia is behaving with this movie makes me think they’ll continue the series theatrically. They’ve spent a ton on this project so far and are even setting up a red carpet premiere hosted by Snyder himself and Kevin Smith. This isn’t the behavior of a studio that is looking to dump something on a streamer and call it a day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Maybe that was a bit harsh. I'm mostly talking about BvS, where he had way too few lines and character moments.

He was ok in MoS, but I didn't want a Superman who's always angsty. He was barely in JL and by the final battle he switched almost to a parody of what people think Superman is

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    LOL. This new Star Trek shows wont have that much of a legacy, I have said it already backed by the gate keepers of the historians, Legacy is based on substance and real artistic input, not the frenzy and hype of the now or the twitter crowds. the sci-fi genre is not that different from comics movies genre. many comic films are successful today but they dont have anything worth remembering or reflecting on like a comic film from 2000 or 2005.
    In other words, everything Star Trek has and the Snyder Cut doesn't? (I mean, seriously, Twitter hype is the only reason that the Snyder Cut was ever made in the first place.) Funny you should mention the now, but Star Trek has always played in the now. That's why it means something. (And are you going to seriously tell me that the Snyderverse has more artistic merit and relevance then Star Trek after we've gotten from it so far?)

Snyder cut may be dead but as I said, the vision will live on. a lot of good can come from this with DC, I can foresee a 6 part Question series or 6 part Riddler series and the fact that it is HBO Max gives it more limitless ways for story telling.
    I still fail to see how the Snyder Cut -- the last hurrah of the Snyderverse that not doing anything besides being an end onto itself -- is going to be the inspiration for new projects like it, when projects like it were already being made and put together long before "Release the Snyder Cut" was even a thing.

Snyder has a distinctive style with his movies. it's not for everyone especially those that really love the Marvel bright colour cartoony visual style but it is personal distinctive style, he has and is respected on by his peers. which is what a director will want compared to another director that is stuck with making mass manufactured movies where the vision or style are not theirs.
    I have yet to see anything Snyder does that anyone else does better. (Also, wasn't really thinking of his color choices, but, yeah, now that you mention it, that's not one of his strong suits.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    The way WarnerMedia is behaving with this movie makes me think they’ll continue the series theatrically. They’ve spent a ton on this project so far and are even setting up a red carpet premiere hosted by Snyder himself and Kevin Smith. This isn’t the behavior of a studio that is looking to dump something on a streamer and call it a day.
    Who said they are looking to dump it? They spent 70m finishing this film they expect the press to help HBO max or they wouldn't have done it. WB studios released they slate, called it a cul-de-sac, and everything suggest they are heading in a way different direction. Snyder said his version is not cannon the other day. It seems highly unlikely. HBO max is an option but they can't fund a 200m+ film series. Cyborg is suppose to be a key part and I doubt WB studios will ever work with him ever again. Affleks coming back for a Flashpoint cameo but hasn't expressed any interest in being Batman going forward. All evidence suggest this is Snyders last DCEU hoorah. Grace Rabdolph also ssid WBs wants Snyder to take over Wonder Women. That is laughable on some many levels. The biggest being there is no way Zach Snyder would agree to that after what happened to him

You know what HBOmax could fund though? A animated sequel, and people like Afflek would be way more likely to come back for that.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-13-2021 at 12:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    DCAU films are the best superhero films imo if we include dc and marvel. I would suggest before watching the newer ones to at least finish Justice League Dark Apokolips. To not spoil anything I won't say why but I strongly recommend it.
    Bringing in DCAU is a different ball game because it is so far off the deepend, but I agree, they will be the best superhero films, the only problem here is some may not even have heard of it

It's feel as if today many people see things more from the hype of movies. they seem to however forget that hype is what it is... hype. it is not about celebrating art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In other words, everything Star Trek has and the Snyder Cut doesn't? (I mean, seriously, Twitter hype is the only reason that the Snyder Cut was ever made in the first place.) Funny you should mention the now, but Star Trek has always played in the now. That's why it means something. (And are you going to seriously tell me that the Snyderverse has more artistic merit and relevance then Star Trek after we've gotten from it so far?)
    No. And you know how I feel about hype? it is worth-less in the longer run.

I still fail to see how the Snyder Cut -- the last hurrah of the Snyderverse that not doing anything besides being an end onto itself -- is going to be the inspiration for new projects like it, when projects like it were already being made and put together long before "Release the Snyder Cut" was even a thing.

Because we may be getting more 4-6 parts DC movies we can watch from home than going to cinema. not to mention this will open doors to telling more stand alone stories not even part of a shared universe.

If Snyder has a wish and someone makes a batman and deathstroke film, that could be something entirely different from the rob parttinson batman film that will be playing in cinema.
    I have yet to see anything Snyder does that anyone else does better. (Also, wasn't really thinking of his color choices, but, yeah, now that you mention it, that's not one of his strong suits.)
    Snyder movies dont look mass manufactured. snyder movies are his own movies, no one can copy it. Snyder has never liked much colours because he does not like cartoony looking movies, it is his film choice of style, that is not the same as saying it is not his strongest suit, other directors like Bryan Singer and Chris Nolan hated colors. the OOC Color thing in CBM was more from the marvel/disney camp because colours represented fun-lightness, which was not what Snyder was going for

Ultimate Member

I don't get why people think color in comic book movies is bad. Color is part of art, and no color doesn't equal serious or gritty

Without spoilers please, but is this new version much better than the original one?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He had flashes of one in MOS, but it didn't lead to anything and Cavill isn't talented enough of an actor to really convey a personality with the material he was given.

Homelander is more charismatic than actual Superman, which is extremely funny/sad.

People like the bright cartoony colors of MCU because they have actual color. Seriously, I don't get how color doesn't equal art?
    MCU movies aren't colourful though, they're incredibly drab and grey. The only reason why MCU fans think they are is because they can only assign value to their films is by comparing to caricatures of Zach Snyder's work.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He had flashes of one in MOS, but it didn't lead to anything and Cavill isn't talented enough of an actor to really convey a personality with the material he was given.

Homelander is more charismatic than actual Superman, which is extremely funny/sad.
    Nobody could work with the bare material Superman had in those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    MCU movies aren't colourful though, they're incredibly drab and grey. The only reason why MCU fans think they are is because they can only assign value to their films is by comparing to caricatures of Zach Snyder's work.
    Sometimes the MCU colors do come out a bit drab. I've complained about that myself elsewhere. But Snyder's movies all have some kind of single color filter over them preventing any different kinds of colors from really being shown.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Nobody could work with the bare material Superman had in those movies.
    Yep. I think Cavill, though he has limited range, could have played a more traditional Superman with the right material.

Even though it was too much in the other direction, I liked him more in the JL theatrical cut more than what we got in the previous two installments. Even if it didn't save the movie from being a dumpster fire.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yep. I think Cavill, though he has limited range, could have played a more traditional Superman with the right material.

Even though it was too much in the other direction, I liked him more in the JL theatrical cut more than what we got in the previous two installments. Even if it didn't save the movie from being a dumpster fire.
    I liked him in the Witcher. The JL version was better but due to Whedon it veered too far into parody IMO. I wish he had a more consistent, stronger characterization throughout the films.