Page 73 of 211 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3155
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nobody knows what happened with Kobe and the lady and I had no idea she was white. Part of the problem is the star struck fans and their superstar hero they put on this perfect pedestal. Some Avengers movie fans here are calling others haters for considering the possibility Whedon could be guilty. In 2020, if you want to bring up the race stereotypes subject then by that logic Whedon is guilty without any court of law.

The race subject would not make moral thinking people think Kobe is guilty and the lady is innocent. historic past events ,fiction or not has always shown, a black man is likely to be innocent in a rape charge case of a white woman. Have you ever seen to kill a mocking bird or heard of Emmett Till? but Kobe did offer a public apology and paid the lady and that does not say I am 100% innocent. we don't know truly went went on, that part of his great life is a mixed legacy and that is how I accept it.

James Master from Buffy has spoken about Joss whedon spitefully harassing him. shoving him into a wall. James is not part of the MCU because not everything is about the MCU. MCU fans.
    And you are so different then people you call "star struck Fans"? I mean that he may be not guilty is not something you can even aknowledge. Wonder why.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thats not gonna happen. None of that has anything to do with vague accusation of abuse without any explanation of what abuse even means to fisher. Meanwhile Ezra miller chokes someone on camera and it just goes away. I dont want him fired for it or anything but the same people attacking Wheedon, don't seem interested in Ezra choking a girl at all. If Fisher comes forward with what Wheedon did and WBs investigation confirms its something that is actually abuse. Then screw Wheedon, but screw the guy who physically abused a women on camera aswell.
    There is also some of the stuff that came out about Affleck during the #MeToo movement that people have seemingly moved on from.

Whedon sucks for the stuff he did to his wife and Carpenter, but specifically here the abuse is alleged without any solid backing yet, and he didn't air his bashing of Snyder's film publicly. Whereas his cut (as bad as it is) is getting trashed. Why should people be upset at Whedon for this (or just Whedon) when the Miller thing is a lot more of a big deal than making a bad movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I gotta disagree with the critics reaction counting in this case. This whole thing is basically a middle finger to the critics.
    True, Snyder's had it out for critics since Man of Steel.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There is also some of the stuff that came out about Affleck during the #MeToo movement that people have seemingly moved on from.
    The once and future Batman apologizt to Hilarie Burton in 2017. The groping happened in 2003. Between Affleck, Miller, Whedon and critical reception for their DC movies... my wish is to lay this part of the DCEU to rest. As in final.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

James Master from Buffy has spoken about Joss whedon spitefully harassing him. shoving him into a wall.
    If you're going to reference this at least bring up the proper context.

The proper context is about how Whedon didn't want that "Anne Rice crap" romantic Vampires in his concept, that he had been pushed into doing that with Angel and now fans were latching onto Spike as a romantic lead. Marsters spends the whole part of that part siding with Whedon (who he calls "such a nice guy"), saying "Why should he?" in regards to apologizing and that if he were in Whedon's position he would have killed his character off immediately, and that he respects that Whedon isn't interested in making evil "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by James Masters
    If I had been producing that show... and Spike was getting romantic... I just would have split his throat right away. I don't think I'm as brave as Josh. Josh tried to find a way to deal with it and explore that.
    Also from later the interview...

I told Joss during "Angel" that if he called me for anything, if it one line or fifty, I'd come no matter where I was in the world.
    Talking about seeing Joss during the 20th Buffy Anniversary photo shoot:

I found he was the same Joss... I thought that maybe he'd have changed after Avengers and everything, he be like "Mr. Important Guy", but he was the same Joss... he was wracked by self-doubt, just like always. I love that guy.

James is not part of the MCU because not everything is about the MCU. MCU fans.
    The only reason why people keep talking about the MCU in this thread is because you can't stop bringing it up. So maybe you need to try and stop being a hypocrite and a fanboy.

Nobody knows what happened with Kobe and the lady and I had no idea she was white. Part of the problem is the star struck fans and their superstar hero they put on this perfect pedestal. Some Avengers movie fans here are calling others haters for considering the possibility Whedon could be guilty. In 2020, if you want to bring up the race stereotypes subject then by that logic Whedon is guilty without any court of law.

The race subject would not make moral thinking people think Kobe is guilty and the lady is innocent. historic past events ,fiction or not has always shown, a black man is likely to be innocent in a rape charge case of a white woman. Have you ever seen to kill a mocking bird or heard of Emmett Till? but Kobe did offer a public apology and paid the lady and that does not say I am 100% innocent. we don't know truly went went on, that part of his great life is a mixed legacy and that is how I accept it.

James Master from Buffy has spoken about Joss whedon spitefully harassing him. shoving him into a wall. James is not part of the MCU because not everything is about the MCU. MCU fans.
    There's a difference between arguing the POSSIBILITY of him bring guilty, and arguing the PROBABILITY of him being guilty.

I think we can all agree it's certainly POSSIBLE. But anyone is going to be much much for critical when one is arguing the later, like you have done. It's not even a matter of whether or not one likes MCU films... that arguement inherently needs to meet a much higher standard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

The proper context is about how Whedon didn't want that "Anne Rice crap" romantic Vampires in his concept, that he had been pushed into doing that with Angel and now fans were latching onto Spike as a romantic lead. Marsters spends the whole part of that part siding with Whedon (who he calls "such a nice guy"), saying "Why should he?" in regards to apologizing and that if he were in Whedon's position he would have killed his character off immediately, and that he respects that Whedon isn't interested in making evil "cool".

The only reason why people keep talking about the MCU in this thread is because you can't stop bringing it up. So maybe you need to try and stop being a hypocrite and a fanboy.
    Thanks for this comment. Wonder how Castle will spin this.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

[…]
    In my humble opinion the best way to deal with these situations, is to follow the piece of advice that Virgilio give to Dante in the Divine Comedy: «Don't care about them, but look and pass.»

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's a difference between arguing the POSSIBILITY of him bring guilty, and arguing the PROBABILITY of him being guilty.

I think we can all agree it's certainly POSSIBLE. But anyone is going to be much much for critical when one is arguing the later, like you have done. It's not even a matter of whether or not one likes MCU films... that arguement inherently needs to meet a much higher standard.
    Which is why it sicken me that people are looking at it from the MCU lense. This thread still has more Snyder's is bad and Whedon is a god even though professional and personally speaking. Snyder seems to be the better person of the two. professionally his JL movie would likely be better than what Whedon did. personally he seems like a decent family guy who treats actors with respect. whedon cheated on his wife.

Snyder lost his daughter during the JL troubles and i have seen people show more support to Whedon than to Snyder only because the liked avengers more than batman v superman. wtf????

I did not bring it up. I questioned why people are interchanging Whedon and his Marvel films to still show 100% support for him only because they like his comic movies. working overtime to make it sound as if Ray Fisher is totally crazy for saying Whedon is a nutcase.

Not to say the least, please dont call me a fanboy as you don't know if I am male or female. .

You know rumours swelled for years about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, wonder why they did not have half the support system like Whedon did during 2000-2014.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-27-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Which is why it sicken me that people are looking at it from the MCU lense. This thread still has more Snyder's is bad and Whedon is a god even though professional and personally speaking. Snyder seems to be the better person of the two. professionally his JL movie would likely be better than what Whedon did. personally he seems like a decent family guy who treats actors with respect. whedon cheated on his wife.

Snyder lost his daughter during the JL troubles and i have seen people show more support to Whedon than to Snyder only because the liked avengers more than batman v superman. wtf????

I did not bring it up. I questioned why people are interchanging Whedon and his Marvel films to still show 100% support for him only because they like his comic movies. working overtime to make it sound as if Ray Fisher is totally crazy for saying Whedon is a nutcase.

Not to say the least, please dont call me a fanboy as you don't know if I am male or female. .

You know rumours swelled for years about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, wonder why they did not have half the support system like Whedon did during 2000-2014.
    Huh? What does his marvel movies have to do with anything. Your assuming because people don't condemn him with no evidence,its because he made 1 good MCU movie.. Your making a strawman argument. Who said they support him 100%, as of now there is nothing to condemn him for. There a accusation of Abuse, with no details or information. Ive seen plenty of the people defending him in here also call him an *******. Being an ******* and abusive are two different things. Fisher needs to give more info, because he also has a legit reason to hate Whedon. Whedon basicaly took a movie Cyborg was the heart of and cut all the **** out. WB is Investigating it, if something happened I assume it will come out soon enough. If he did do something that crossed a line them screw him and his career.

Wait are you saying they didn't have as much of a support system? Singer had to have had the worlds best support system. Forget the disgusting stuff with children, he would disappear and leave others to film his movies. Then land another job like nothing happened.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-27-2020 at 04:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Whedon basicaly took a movie Cyborg was the heart of and cut all the **** out.
    I don't know, I loved Cyborg and Fisher's performance in the movie. He was rivalling Diana as the "heart" of the Justice League. I'm very doubtful Snyder's going to do anything remotely like that for Fisher, despite how many more hours he'll have in the spotlight in the Snyder Cut. Snyder's really not cut out of writing those sort of characters. It'd to bad well only get a 4 hour version of JL from Snyder, I'd like to see Whedon do that without the crunch time in production and 2 hour format.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't know, I loved Cyborg and Fisher's performance in the movie. He was rivalling Diana as the "heart" of the Justice League. I'm very doubtful Snyder's going to do anything remotely like that for Fisher, despite how many more hours he'll have in the spotlight in the Snyder Cut. Snyder's really not cut out of writing those sort of characters. It'd to bad well only get a 4 hour version of JL from Snyder, I'd like to see Whedon do that without the crunch time in production and 2 hour format.
    I actually liked Fisher aswell, how he played the character was endearing. He looked Dumb af except for when he was wearing sweats.
    Whedon might have butchered Snyders films but he didn't get to make his own..he got to do some reshoots to add laughs( one of the few positives that film got was people thought Flash was funny) . But he still had to work with what Snyder did, so unless he gets to start from scratch I have no intrest In seeing anyone take on the job he did and play within that world or visual landscape. Time crunch or not.

None of us can say all that much about either Snyder personally since we don't know him and no one has been proven guilty of anything YET. Time will tell.

But when comparing them professionally, the obvious apples to apples comparison are their super hero movies. Which is better in large part can be subjective... though objectively you can argue Whedons marvel movies were more sucessful critically and commercially than Snyders DC movies. Whether or not that translates into him theoretically being able to make a better Justice League movie or not we'll never know for sure, since the threatrical release we got is this mashed up hybrid of sorts. Its possible if not probably that if either person worked entirely on the threatrical release start to finish, we would have had an entirely different movie. We will be able to at least see Snyders vision soon... but we'll never see Whedons.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I’m not sure if the below information has already been shared, or not. I’m not about to start scrolling through pages of unending and (IMO, petty) arguments.

The trailer song “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen was rumored to have been played at his daughter’s funeral. Beyond that, Zack himself advised the song is “deeply personal” to him and his family.

As for the content of the trailer, it was for the fans. Most of the scenes in the trailer were from his snapshots he posted to fans on Vero over the past year. It was purely meant to showcase some of the things he said would be in his cut.

FWIW, here's Zack's favorite superhero:

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-f...ttan-revealed/

which would explain how he directs his Superman.