Page 3 of 211 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I wonder what the pitch was for re shoot money? Seriously they have nothing better to do with the money than pour it into this experiment? Do they expect this to get them a ton of subscribers?
    It is not a experiment. A Flash movie is still coming, A Wonder Woman 2 movie is coming, Birds of Prey is generally set in the world, Shazam is generally set in the same world. Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman are success set in the same world. It is still in their best interest to get this right they still plan to play in the world . If they can get a different enough movie that the fans like out of this they will have righted the ship. Ironically when people other than Synder have played with toys it has been reasonable successful so getting a do over with the key film is worth the investment.

It is hard to imagine this version doing "bad" there has been a movement for it to come out so there is a built in fan base of people who going to like it no matter and are going to sing its praise regardless of quality. Critics aren't going to feel much different about it now than did before so any criticism of it will mostly be ignored for the critics who are going to "like" it now. This is pretty easy move to make with long range high upside

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It's backwards in my eyes because I'd rather WB move on to the direction they established with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. Spending money and hyping Snyder's vision that generally speaking was panned critically and underwhelmed commercially doesn't make a lot of sense to me, ESPECIALLY since I think most fans had moved on from him.
    So it's not really them going backwards, it's just them doing something you don't want to watch. But a couple things to keep in mind - first, they are still going ahead in that direction established by WW, AM, Shazam, and BOP, this is just an in addition too. Second, this isn't taking anything away. The only thing that's happening is we're getting one more movie than we'd otherwise get. No direction is being changed, no films are getting axed for this, everything is going to happen just like it was planned before they announced this, the only thing different is we get a new film. How can anyone be against getting more? You can just not watch it, but it won't affect anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That's what's weird about all this. Its like WB was on the fence all along and finally decided to give in. I mean, none of the movies that came out after his firing/quitting contradicted what he laid out. That would have been the best and frankly easiest way to say "His vision is dead, behold this new vision."
    Eh, it wasn't like the whole DCEU was always one vision, it seems it was always meant to be creator driven, just one creator got to do a lot if the early films.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is not a experiment. A Flash movie is still coming, A Wonder Woman 2 movie is coming, Birds of Prey is generally set in the world, Shazam is generally set in the same world. Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman are success set in the same world.
    That's what I was getting at. And it would have been easy enough for each of those movies to convey its in a completely different world than the one laid out by Snyder if that's what WB wanted.

WW84 screams "everything that happens in this movie will be undone by the end" or at least in a way that doesn't contradict what we've already seen in previous movies (i.e. Cheetah's ultimate fate).

Ironically when people other than Synder have played with [his] toys it has been reasonable successful so getting a do over with the key film is worth the investment.
    Agreed. I'm of the mind Snyder should stick around in a position similar to Feige's, he should just never direct [a DC movie] again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Not true. They were having discussions about this in February. Snyder screen the film to WB and HBO Max execs in February. This was not motivated by the pandemic at all.
    When in February? Because at some point mid-February it was well-known this would become a pandemic the likes of which we haven't seen in 100 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    When in February? Because at some point mid-February it was well-known this would become a pandemic the likes of which we haven't seen in 100 years.
    It wasn’t well known, states didn’t put in lockdown orders until March, and even the US president refused to acknowledge it as a pandemic until that time. Sports and movie shutdowns happened in March. Granted most of us saw it going that route but nothing was actually set in motion until March. Snyder held a screening in February and the deal has been brewing since then. Why is that so hard to believe exactly?

Ugh. Like it isn't already bad enough not knowing when we'll ever see WW84, now we have an extended version of her being completely nerfed for an entire movie, all to prop up Super-Stache.

Does anyone really believe Whedon changed that much in terms of Wonder Woman's input into this movie? I mean, is the scene where Supes swats her aside, whilst simultaneously taking out the entire league gonna be different? Or in a new version, will Diana be in any tiny way effective against Steppenwolf this time around, rather than barely holding her own against him before Supes flies in and beats him down without breaking a sweat?

Snyder is all about bigging up Supes, and if that means portraying Diana as his inferior in every way, then that's exactly what Snyder will do.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Ugh. Like it isn't already bad enough not knowing when we'll ever see WW84, now we have an extended version of her being completely nerfed for an entire movie, all to prop up Super-Stache.

Does anyone really believe Whedon changed that much in terms of Wonder Woman's input into this movie? I mean, is the scene where Supes swats her aside, whilst simultaneously taking out the entire league gonna be different? Or in a new version, will Diana be in any tiny way effective against Steppenwolf this time around, rather than barely holding her own against him before Supes flies in and beats him down without breaking a sweat?

Snyder is all about bigging up Supes, and if that means portraying Diana as his inferior in every way, then that's exactly what Snyder will do.
    Dude... not to spoil you but Diana is literally the person who saves the day in the end of Snyder’s version. She has a much more expanded role. I’m sorry you feel this way but it is not based on facts at all

BANNED

It wasn’t well known, states didn’t put in lockdown orders until March, and even the US president refused to acknowledge it as a pandemic until that time. Sports and movie shutdowns happened in March. Granted most of us saw it going that route but nothing was actually set in motion until March. Snyder held a screening in February and the deal has been brewing since then. Why is that so hard to believe exactly?
    As far as I know, the president has never acknowledged it, but I try to avoid news of that fool.

In any case, yes it was certainly well known. It hadn't arrived yet, and so businesses didn't shut down or change operation unless you dealt with China, but it was well known that nothing was going to stop the spread of it worldwide, and that it would happen within weeks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    As far as I know, the president has never acknowledged it, but I try to avoid news of that fool.

In any case, yes it was certainly well known. It hadn't arrived yet, and so businesses didn't shut down or change operation unless you dealt with China, but it was well known that nothing was going to stop the spread of it worldwide, and that it would happen within weeks.
    Regardless that doesn’t mean Snyder couldn’t have held a private screening in his home for a handful of people. That’s what he did

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How will it be weekly???It's a film.
    The beyond the trailer chick was saying HBO was gonna break it up into 35min episodes.

Dude... not to spoil you but Diana is literally the person who saves the day in the end of Snyder’s version. She has a much more expanded role. I’m sorry you feel this way but it is not based on facts at all
    Yeah, that's been doing the rounds for as long as people have been talking about the Snyder cut. And all it really suggests is that instead of taking out Steppenolf's Axe, she delivers the killing blow. Which will mean diddly and squat if, as is likely, it still comes after a sustained fight where she (and the rest of the League) are next to useless against Steppenwolf until Superman swoops in and effortlessly smacks him down enough for the League to deal with what's left.

For Diana's role in this movie to be an improvement over whatever Whedon allegedly did with Snyder's original template, it would basically have to be an entirely different movie.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yeah, that's been doing the rounds for as long as people have been talking about the Snyder cut. And all it really suggests is that instead of taking out Steppenolf's Axe, she delivers the killing blow. Which will mean diddly and squat if, as is likely, it still comes after a sustained fight where she (and the rest of the League) are next to useless against Steppenwolf until Superman swoops in and effortlessly smacks him down enough for the League to deal with what's left.

For Diana's role in this movie to be an improvement over whatever Whedon allegedly did with Snyder's original template, it would basically have to be an entirely different movie.
    Well we’ve already known for a while that this is almost an entirely different movie. We also know that it heavily focuses on Cyborg. But it’s also 4 hours long and could even have additional footage spanning across 6 “episodes,” so I can’t see why every character can’t get their due spotlight in that time.

Joss Whedon just has a problem with women and female characters. May be an unpopular opinion but I think Zack Snyder has a really good history with female characters. Lois Lane in his movies is a great example, and she is nowhere near as good in Justice League. Actually now that I think of it in most of Zack’s movies he has very fleshed out and intricate female characters. I trust that he has a lot of respect for Diana. I think he always has. WW was everyone’s big takeaway from BvS when it first came out for a reason, Snyder introduced her in a way that would stun people.

So, Pattinson isn't working out for Batman, Batwoman is being recast as Ruby Rose is stepping down, and Batfleck is back one more time. What a weird week to be a Bat-fan.

Well, I LOVED Man of Steel and really liked Batman v Superman, so I'm very happy about this.

I'm not one who is worried that ZSJL will be "too dark." I expect it to be. I think the overall darker tone in Snyder's movies was entirely the point. It's likely either caused by Darkseid or something that attracted Darkseid to Earth. Snyder may have wanted Darkseid to be the living embodiment of Darkness and hopelessness, which is what Kirby envisioned. Snyder's original plan may have been that, after 3 movies of an increasingly dark tone, JL Part 2 would have been a grand catharsis where the heroes rally together and defeat Darkseid once and for all -- basically what Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame did.

I get that lots of people needed more reassurance that a happy ending was in the cards and that they didn't have to wait years to get it, but I was along for the ride, so it didn't bother me. I'm glad that Snyder stuck to his guns and didn't cave under pressure to telegraph that there would be a happy ending. Even now, he's not really saying there will be, but I will go out on a limb right now and say that that was his gameplan all along. That's not to say he'll be giving us Superfriends, but I do feel he's going for an "It's always darkest before the dawn" story trajectory.

In any event, Joss Whedon is so goddamned overrated by the millennials who were weaned on his TV shows that I will be glad to see his material excised. No Russian family? Already a better movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is not a experiment. A Flash movie is still coming, A Wonder Woman 2 movie is coming, Birds of Prey is generally set in the world, Shazam is generally set in the same world. Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman are success set in the same world. It is still in their best interest to get this right they still plan to play in the world . If they can get a different enough movie that the fans like out of this they will have righted the ship. Ironically when people other than Synder have played with toys it has been reasonable successful so getting a do over with the key film is worth the investment.

It is hard to imagine this version doing "bad" there has been a movement for it to come out so there is a built in fan base of people who going to like it no matter and are going to sing its praise regardless of quality. Critics aren't going to feel much different about it now than did before so any criticism of it will mostly be ignored for the critics who are going to "like" it now. This is pretty easy move to make with long range high upside
    This is definitely an experiment. They didn't need this to breathe live into the DCEU. As you say they have movies in the pipeline with potential. There is a completely new Batman now, and you spend millions on a movie that was not generally liked the first time to shoot new scenes to tentpole your new streaming service. It's not even for theatres.

Green Lantern show and special effects better be amazing if you can spend this much for some reshoots. I am sure they can use more money. And that's a show you can build a streaming service on.

Also look at the actual audience of this. We are talking ANOTHER streaming service. Amazon's throwing literal billions at shows for Prime, Apple same, Disney same, Netflix obviously.