Page 193 of 211 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3155
    BANNED

Spiderweb Batman suit was kinda odd.

And it's still true that resurrecting Superman without a kryptonite weapon in case something went wrong seems kinda short sighted

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Flash fell down way too many times for my liking,It gets a slight pass because he is a rookie in the film.

And yes Supergirl has better looking MM by far, but Synder was trying for their own thing with MM design.
    If the arrowverse crossover moment is canon than I think he isn't the Flash as we would know him, he may be the streak right now. I lean more towards that because he came off very inexperienced in the film and seemed like he was still learning his abilities. From that standpoint I'm not too surprised he kept falling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have you seen any of the Supergirl TV show?
    No. I'm not a fan of the CW turning everything into a soap opera full of whiny romance. Is the show any good?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Whether Belushi died or not, the movie saw Murphy's character become Murray's Venkman because he was starring in Beverly Hills Cop. It was not due to studio interference. Now GB2 on the other hand, we can have this argument. And you would be 100% correct on.

The only way Winston would've been different in Ghostbusters, the 1984 one, is if Murphy was not in Beverly Hills Cop. And if he was, then he would've replaced Murray. Hudson still would've been added in as the everyman but probably just a different name.

GB2 Zeddemore on the other hand, I totally think is what you're going for here.
    I see. The pattern seems to be more of neglecting the PoC characters in the sequel, like in TLJ and TRoS

Just finished, and I guess it was noticeably better. More or less what i was expecting. Looked outstanding. The Cyborg stuff was good. Didn't really get the impression that he was the star but he was good. Removing the quips did a lot of good. Most of the "i hope they cut this" bits, were cut.
    I also got to take back what i said about Steppenwolf, this design grew on me, also better that the whedon version.

But Darkseid.... spoilers:
    not threatening at all. Old Gods>New Gods. he got his ass whooped by Ares....fricking Ares who Diana killed by herself.
    end of spoilers.
    Also it was 4 hours, and very much felt like 4 hours, the begining was too slow and pretty iffy on the sequel bait ending.

oh well, another masterpiece I thought was just decent/above average. I give this a 3.5/5
    But I wouldn't mind a sequel, got this far I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Exactly

Apparently because he says so. Somehow the MCU is the worst comic book movie series despite doing better.
    Don't get it either, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Excluding if the movie is good or not-it will be remembered for what was done to Ray Fisher's character. Because this is what so many POC have SCREAMED about being done to them.
    I have no frame of reference to be able to comment on that, although, if true, it's another thing to the pile of comedy of errors that Justice League movie project as a whole became.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if 20 years later we will get a documentary about "Justice League movie project".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Blaming Joss is a bit unfair, really. It's not like he had complete control or made the film from the ground up.
    I agree, but I also didn't get a sense that Whedon respected most of these characters. It seemed like "let's crack some (bad) jokes and get my payday" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I agree, but I also didn't get a sense that Whedon respected most of these characters. It seemed like "let's crack some (bad) jokes and get my payday" to me.
    I disagree. His Clark was much, MUCH better than Snyder's version, imo. And having you characters banter isn't disrespectful. They do it all the time in the comics, especially Cyborg and Flash (Barry or Wally.)

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-reve...ue-more-humor/

[The original plan] was absolutely being twisted during production, but y'know, I was there to fight them... Even though there was pressure on me to make it funnier and lighten it, I would persist as much as I could to keep the tone as much as I could. I added a bunch of things for them, and I was always careful to make sure I covered things both ways, so that it didn’t affect the movie story-wise. It was my hope that, in post-production, I'd be able to force my will upon them.
    It sounds like Snyder was deliberately filming the stuff that wasn't his original vision poorly and Joss just had to use them

Incredible Member

I'm talking about how the films are better made.
    based on what?

Look at this point people who dislike Snyder movie just don’t like his style which is fine. i’m not going to sit here and argue snyder JL rivals Ten Commandments or God Father but let’s not act like his movies are any worse than some of the lower tier comic book movies. People are just more lenient with marvel. like Entertainment Weekly criticized the Snyder Cut for being too long and relying on MacGuffin when Infinity War/Endgame did the exact same thing. Or more recently with WandaVision. Did people care it takes 4 episodes for the plot to actually move forward and a twist that came out of literally nowhere?

I’m not saying Wandavision of Infinity saga were bad and i get why some people dislike Snyder’s style but that doesn’t make him a bad filmmaker

Ultimate Member

I see. The pattern seems to be more of neglecting the PoC characters in the sequel, like in TLJ and TRoS
    Don't forget Sulu in Star Trek 2. Sulu was suppose to have the Excelsior command and it was mentioned in dialogue. Yet it was dubbed out later.

Marlon Wayans as Robin in Batman Returns and Forever. There is a suit and he was paid for both movies.

Shavar Ross's character in Friday the 13th was suppose to die in the next movie but he got written out of it.

Eli Goree-in the book his character did a LOT, on the tv show he was killed off because folks wanted to showcase the bad boy White guy. Funny the calls to respect source material never happened on that show.

Levar Burton-he had MORE footage in Star Trek Generations. A LOT. Yet they kept two comments about him in the movie-one by Crusher and one by Soran. The book version kept all those scenes.
    And YES the cast was dressed in Star Trek DS9 uniforms after the movie uniforms got the axed after one say of shooting. And that is why the movie toys look different.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    based on what?

Look at this point people who dislike Snyder movie just don’t like his style which is fine. i’m not going to sit here and argue snyder JL rivals Ten Commandments or God Father but let’s not act like his movies are any worse than some of the lower tier comic book movies. People are just more lenient with marvel. like Entertainment Weekly criticized the Snyder Cut for being too long and relying on MacGuffin when Infinity War/Endgame did the exact same thing. Or more recently with WandaVision. Did people care it takes 4 episodes for the plot to actually move forward and a twist that came out of literally nowhere?

I’m not saying Wandavision of Infinity saga were bad and i get why some people dislike Snyder’s style but that doesn’t make him a bad filmmaker
    No, his problem is he can't make characters we actually care about. What did he do with Superman? Barely anything. He barely gave him any dialogue. His favorite emotion is manpain, and that gets tiring after a while

I get his style is to avoid being too colorful but that too gets tiring.

I also wouldn't call the Infinity Stones MacGuffins considering they were used in several movies and were central in both IW and Endgame

Of course the MCU isn't without criticism, and some of the Snyderverse are on par with lesser MCU movies. But he can't seem to get the main thing everyone likes about the MCU, which is likeable characters we want to see in several movies.

Incredible Member

No, his problem is he can't make characters we actually care about. What did he do with Superman? Barely anything. He barely gave him any dialogue. His favorite emotion is manpain, and that gets tiring after a while
    that is so blatantly wrong I'm not going to bother contesting because I know you won't listen

I get his style is to avoid being too colorful but that too gets tiring.
    Yes no color at all

https://www.premiere.fr/sites/defaul...NXcAA_o_t.jpeg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYiXtyXU...jpg&name=large

https://i.redd.it/9dbr5aih2kbz.jpg

I also wouldn't call the Infinity Stones MacGuffins considering they were used in several movies and were central in both IW and Endgame
    It doesnt matter how many movies they were in they are still MacGuffin. A MacGuffin is by definition a device that is used solely to kick start the plot. Every stone is a MacGuffin in the individual movie (Thor, Thor Dark World, Avengers, Captain America, GOTG etc) so yes they were MacGuffins and at the core of IW/Endgame it is a "MacGuffin fetch quest" no different than the mother boxes. I'm not saying MacGuffins are bad because as cliche as it is all movies boil down to the same things and truth be told most movies use MacGuffins (Like the Indiana Jones Trilogy) but I don't agree with the idea Snyder is unoriginal and Marvel is total original

Of course the MCU isn't without criticism, and some of the Snyderverse are on par with lesser MCU movies. But he can't seem to get the main thing everyone likes about the MCU, which is likeable characters we want to see in several movies.
    And how would you make those characters 'likable'? Considering some people here use arguments from popularity people clearly like his version of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the rest so it is your personal taste that they are not likable
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 03-18-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post

It doesnt matter how many movies they were in they are still MacGuffin. A MacGuffin is by definition a device that is used solely to kick start the plot. Every stone is a MacGuffin in the individual movie (Thor, Thor Dark World, Avengers, Captain America, GOTG etc) so yes they were MacGuffins and at the core of IW/Endgame it is a "MacGuffin fetch quest" no different than the mother boxes. I'm not saying MacGuffins are bad because as cliche as it is all movies boil down to the same things and truth be told most movies use MacGuffins (Like the Indiana Jones Trilogy) but I don't agree with the idea Snyder is unoriginal and Marvel is total original
    Your definition of what a Macguffin is wrong.

is an object, device, or event that is necessary to the plot and the motivation of the characters, but insignificant, unimportant, or irrelevant in itself
    But anyways carry on