Page 51 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    We've seen how well it works trying to do 'grounded in reality' stories with Batman and Superman.
    The Dark Knight trilogy...

And other than that, the only other example you could possibly bring up is BvS. That movie “failed” (even though it technically wasn’t a failure as much as it was a disappointment or underachiever) not due to the supposed realism in this debate, but due to many other factors.

I have to agree with powerboy in that your statement about not being able to do Superman in a realistic world effectively nullifies most superhero movies. I mean... Thor in New York City? How is that any different? Before you try to argue, I’ll give you your answer: it’s not.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

And other than that, the only other example you could possibly bring up is BvS. That movie “failed” (even though it technically wasn’t a failure as much as it was a disappointment or underachiever) not due to the supposed realism in this debate, but due to many other factors.

I have to agree with powerboy in that your statement about not being able to do Superman in a realistic world effectively nullifies most superhero movies. I mean... Thor in New York City? How is that any different? Before you try to argue, I’ll give you your answer: it’s not.

I hated Nolan's trilogy.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

We've seen how well it works trying to do 'grounded in reality' stories with Batman and Superman.
    Ah yes. Because B v S is the only example of a realistic approach to superheroes in terms of characterization.

And your personal dislike of the Dark Knight trilogy doesn't change that it's an extreme minority opinion considering how successful the series was.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-23-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Popular is not the same as good.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Popular is not the same as good.
    As I said, your personal dislike is your own business, not a reflection of any critical evaluation.

[Insert remark about the "shill" critics here].
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

First look at Black suit Superman!

Clip:

Snyder revealed at Justice Con that he always wanted Superman to wear the black suit but the idea was overruled by the studio in favor of using the traditional costume. Now Snyder has changed the color of the suit to black and white in his cut.

Snyder also confirmed he will not use any of Whedon’s footage for his cut of JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Snyder View Post
    “I’d destroy the movie before I use a single frame that I didn’t photograph. That is a fucking hard fact. I’d blow the fucking thing up.”
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-25-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

So if the suit never existed why did he lie about it that one time on Vero with this image?

Astonishing Member

Regardless, I’m happy Zack gets to see his vision realized.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-25-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Fantastic Member

fact remains the Dc movie universe is a mess...they were impatient ,unorganized, and tried to jam everything into BVS and justice league...it didn't work...I am glad synder gets to release his cut but where do they go from here? They created a new batman series out side of this universe yet they are still planning on making single movies with these characters?

Astonishing Member

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...ss-1234716620/

Earlier this month, Fisher tweeted that Whedon’s treatment of the film’s cast and crew was “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable.” Fisher also alleged that producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg “enabled” Whedon.

Fisher once again offered no specific details or independent confirmation about his claims. But he said he did not choose to make them lightly.

“It’s taken me two and a half years to get all the information I need to be able to build something that’s strong enough so people can’t dismiss it,” he said. Fisher said he spent those years approaching people to see if they would be “willing to speak” about their experiences on the film if it was “with anonymity, confidentially.”

“People go, ‘Yeah, I would.’ And so we’re in the process of making sure that people can tell their stories in a confidential way that they don’t get any sort of retribution done against them,” he said. “We’re gonna get to the heart of everything. And if anything I said about that man is untrue, I invite him wholeheartedly to sue me for libel, to sue me for slander.”
    This is so strange. Much of this still reads of Whedon being unprofessional about the Snyder DCEU movies with the cast, but there are no distinct abusive claims. Being unprofessional and abusive are not the same thing. I'm curious why they're still holding their cards to their vests so tightly if Fisher's so geared up to speak like this to the press and doing the preparation for a lawsuit.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    fact remains the Dc movie universe is a mess...they were impatient ,unorganized, and tried to jam everything into BVS and justice league...it didn't work...I am glad synder gets to release his cut but where do they go from here? They created a new batman series out side of this universe yet they are still planning on making single movies with these characters?
    Don't think the next Batman trilogy would have anything to do with Affleck's dead universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...ss-1234716620/

This is so strange. Much of this still reads of Whedon being unprofessional about the Snyder DCEU movies with the cast, but there are no distinct abusive claims. Being unprofessional and abusive are not the same thing. I'm curious why they're still holding their cards to their vests so tightly if Fisher's so geared up to speak like this to the press and doing the preparation for a lawsuit.
    Yeah, once again until Fisher gets specific this comes across as sour grapes over his role being reduced under Whedon. And if that is the case he should really be directing his ire against the studio execs who brought Whedon on board rather than blaming Whedon for doing the job he was hired to. That said, i can easily imagine that with the pressure Whedon was under he may have been a jerk towards the cast and other folks working on the production, and the fact that Whedon hasn't responded at all suggest that Whedon knows he wasn't necessarily on his best behavior during this movie.

Fisher really seems to be putting all his eggs in one basket. He'd better hope that response to the Snyder JL movie is positive enough to breathe life into the Cyborg solo movie, because making vague accusations against a director who many other more experienced actors have had no problem working doesn't seem like the best way to get more roles in Hollywood. Not to mention that the Doom Patrol version of Cyborg seems much better than JL's. if i were WB and making a Cyborg movie i would replace Fisher with Joivan Wade in a second.

double post , sorry.
    Last edited by basbash99; 07-26-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

I thought affleck, gal gadot and jeremy irons were all great ...the script was horrible..and the luthor casting. I dont know how producers look at this stuff and they are like "wow this is fantastic!" do they live in a bubble?

I believe Ray Fisher that Whedon may have been verbally abusive to him and the other cast/crew members, but tyrannical directors on a power trip who are abusive to their casts/crews goes all the way back to the beginnings of movie making -- and stage plays before that.

And to general bosses in general workplaces also.

If Joss Whedon was just a "mean person" who "hurt people's feelings," then I'm not going to "cancel Whedon." It happens every day in life, and there are plenty of Hollywood stories of actors pulling a power trip on their fellow actors/crew members -- and even on directors and producers.

Hollywood is full of very insecure people who are looking to prove themselves, and that leads to behavior that is often extreme and power-trippy.

If Whedon actually did something illegal, then let's talk.