Page 98 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3155

I wasn't a fan of Leto's Joker, but it wasn't his performance - I thought it was okay. (Wasn't a fan of his choices for the head tattoo and grill though) Maybe the cut footage had better stuff. The main reason I didn't like his Joker was how he was written and conceived. They really highlighted the gangster aspect of him, rather than the madman. He just came across as a whacky criminal more than a larger than life psychopath who could challenge Batman.

Should already be qued up, but if not, go to 1 minute 29 seconds. This is the "scratch off" scene as I call it, in its entirety, that's only in the Extended Cut of Batman v Superman. The guy says at the 2 minute mark, speaking of Batman, "There's a new kind of mean in him...he is angry...and he is hunting."

They (the people of Gotham) are used to Batman, but Batman being "meaner" was new or else he wouldn't have brought it up. Robin's death might have put him on the precipice, the Black Zero event (why is it called that exactly?) pushed him over said precipice. I'm guessing both events happened close to each other, maybe 1 year apart, 2 at the most. To which Batman said screw my no kill policy. He brought that policy back after the events of Batman v Superman, hence why Joker (and for that matter Harley) didn't get murked in Suicide Squad. Pre-BvS but post Robin death and Black Zero, Batman would have just left after their car went into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Leto's Joker, but it wasn't his performance - I thought it was okay. (Wasn't a fan of his choices for the head tattoo and grill though) Maybe the cut footage had better stuff. The main reason I didn't like his Joker was how he was written and conceived. They really highlighted the gangster aspect of him, rather than the madman. He just came across as a whacky criminal more than a larger than life psychopath who could challenge Batman.
    Yea he seemed like cartoonist gangster. Where as Ledgers Joker was a force of Nature. I feel like Joker should give you the same feeling as Homelander in The Boys. Every scene is tense because he can literally do anything and anytime. With more screen time he may be better but the whole idea of the character from the look to how he talks was off for me. Whatever though I'm down to give him a chance . Hopefully Snyder does better then Ayer did.

So the grill was because when he killed Robin, Batman beat him half to death knocking out all his teeth? I mean its better then giving him one for no reason but still not a fan. The Joker came across as what an older white dude thinks a cool young gangster would be like. The tats and grill... just all of it. But again this movie isn't stopping any other version of Joker form happening. So why not give Leto another swing

Both at 3:20am at the same time? must be some record.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Should already be qued up, but if not, go to 1 minute 29 seconds. This is the "scratch off" scene as I call it, in its entirety, that's only in the Extended Cut of Batman v Superman. The guy says at the 2 minute mark, speaking of Batman, "There's a new kind of mean in him...he is angry...and he is hunting."

They (the people of Gotham) are used to Batman, but Batman being "meaner" was new or else he wouldn't have brought it up. Robin's death might have put him on the precipice, the Black Zero event (why is it called that exactly?) pushed him over said precipice. I'm guessing both events happened close to each other, maybe 1 year apart, 2 at the most. To which Batman said screw my no kill policy. He brought that policy back after the events of Batman v Superman, hence why Joker (and for that matter Harley) didn't get murked in Suicide Squad. Pre-BvS but post Robin death and Black Zero, Batman would have just left after their car went into the water.
    Ok, Ultimate Edition isn't canon and even if it were 1 year is more than enough time for this Batman too find and eliminate the Joker. "Meaner and angry" is also an incredibly vague description - they never actually say how he kills is new. For example, the implication could be that he just kills more not that he didn't kill before.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 10-22-2020 at 02:59 AM.

I get Bruce becoming more violent after Robin's death (although becoming a killer still doesn't sit right with me). But I don't think the Metropolis attack would have changed Bruce to that degree honestly. Two super powered aliens destroyed a city and killed loads of civilians, so Bruce decides street level criminals need to die now too? I don't think it makes much sense personally

So the grill was because when he killed Robin, Batman beat him half to death knocking out all his teeth? I mean its better then giving him one for no reason but still not a fan. The Joker came across as what an older white dude thinks a cool young gangster would be like. The tats and grill... just all of it. But again this movie isn't stopping any other version of Joker form happening. So why not give Leto another swing
    To me, it came across as the Joker was mocking the idea of being a "gangsta" and I was perfectly fine with that.

I'd much rather have the character be an eccentric gangster than a force of pure madness.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He just felt too try-hard for me. The Joker should have more finesse and charm than that.

But I think that makes him the perfect fit for a Snyder film .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I get Bruce becoming more violent after Robin's death (although becoming a killer still doesn't sit right with me). But I don't think the Metropolis attack would have changed Bruce to that degree honestly. Two super powered aliens destroyed a city and killed loads of civilians, so Bruce decides street level criminals need to die now too? I don't think it makes much sense personally
    I think it's meant to be a culmination of his years as Batman and the bad stuff he's seen/been done to him, and the mentally breaking situation that a First Contact that turns into a new 9/11 with his employees at the heart of it would bring. So it's all connected.

YMMV of course on how well mostly telling us instead of showing us works in getting us invested in this Batman works (IMO, it doesn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ok, Ultimate Edition isn't canon and even if it were 1 year is more than enough time for this Batman too find and eliminate the Joker. "Meaner and angry" is also an incredibly vague description - they never actually say how he kills is new. For example, the implication could be that he just kills more not that he didn't kill before.
    It wasn't?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He just felt too try-hard for me. The Joker should have more finesse and charm than that.

But I think that makes him the perfect fit for a Snyder film .
    I just can't see Joker sitting to get tattoos. Unless the Tattoo Artist was covered in scorpions with Joker having a gun to his head telling one mistake and bang while he was doing the tattoos, ok then maybe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It wasn't?
    I think at most it may no longer be canon to the DC movies being released in cinema, as it was followed up by Whedon's JL and the movies are all seemingly going to be doing their own thing now.

I'd say it's still canon to whatever Snyder is doing here, but the word in general may be meaningless going forward with this stuff.

Most studios tend to see the theatre cut as canon. Directors cuts tend to not be seen as canon in follow up films.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

More and more, it's becoming clear that this is in no way a new cut of the film but a completely new film that uses some footage from Justice League. Has there ever been anything like this in the history of film? Even the many different cuts of Blade Runner and Star Wars didn't cost the equivalent of a moderately budgeted film.

The entirety of the new Gerard Butler film, Greenland, (which is pretty decent, by the way) costs less than this thing.

On an unrelated note, I already figure this gonna suck and that was before they decided to throw in some Leto Joker. Yuck.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Richard Donner sort of did this with Superman II, but not with any refilming.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!