Page 82 of 211 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It looks like the same general plot. Just put through a Snyder filter instead of a Whedon one.
    I think the actual outline of the movie is pretty similar. Batman and Wonder Woman form the league and resurrect Superman to fight powerful alien and invading army collecting magical boxes.

I think the big difference will be Snyders movie laying the ground work for a bunch of sequals that didn't end up being made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Of course he's in a position to confirm bad things happening to Fisher, this is a valid tactic employed with Me, Too and calling out abuse within industries. In fact, Fisher has openly said he's clouting on people doing this in his latest to get a victory here. The problem is - Momoa's not doing that and Fisher's staying quiet about the abuse as if that helps him when it's doing the opposite. Fisher's credibility goes up by being transparent about the abuse. If he dint know any details why is he even saying this? That makes things even more complicated and doesn't help Fisher.

The problem is we're getting mixed signals on what the bad things happened where, and Fisher's claiming abuse, people making uncomfortable is just wasting everybody's time.

Fisher's contradicting himself. He claims that abuse happened, and is going all in against WB yet we don't know his story and everything he's said or rumored about is small potatoes in Hollywood. Being jerks or unprofessional on a movie set or making people uncomfortable warning Fisher he's unintentionally imploding his career is not going to harm WB. Compare what he's doing to Peter Shinkoda - Shinkoda is very transparent, told his story publicly and I think his claims were supposed openly by collaborators. None of this applies to wha Fisher or Momoa.

Momoa might get an earful from a producer but his career is not in danger from the comment. He's not in the same position as Fisher by any stretch. We don't even know the sprites about what he agues with Fisher about. Is he doing it because Fisher is his friend? That he agreed it was abuse? That he supported the idea Whedon and co. were unprofessional? All of the above? I honestly couldn't tell you, and I think that ws intentional. Momoa's not saying anything other than vague lending support to Fisher.
    'Fisher's contradicting himself. He claims that abuse happened, and is going all in against WB yet we don't know his story and everything he's said or rumored about is small potatoes in Hollywood'

This quote by you proves public opinion is not what will give him legal redress, his lawyers who know the actual claim know whether it really is 'small' or constitutes something big enough not to speak without their legal advice.

My take is I won't claim he is guilty of libel until due process and all legal recourse taken proves different. Your allusion to me too underscores the fact better to give some egregious claim the benefit of doubt and be proved wrong than dismiss it out of hand

Apparently Mark Twain once said
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt'

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It looks like the same general plot. Just put through a Snyder filter instead of a Whedon one.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the actual outline of the movie is pretty similar. Batman and Wonder Woman form the league and resurrect Superman to fight powerful alien and invading army collecting magical boxes.

I think the big difference will be Snyders movie laying the ground work for a bunch of sequals that didn't end up being made.

Fabian Wagner, cinematographer for JL, told fans a couple years ago that Whedon’s theatrical cut contained maybe 10% of what he and Zack shot.

Joss Whedon re-wrote something like 80 pages of script with the final movie being 119 mins. long. In this scenario, as is with most movies to my knowledge, one page is roughly one minute of screen time.

Zack has confirmed his cut was 214 mins. and confirmed more recently at FanDome the ZSJL will be approx. 4 hours via 4 x 1 hour episodes.

So, with this information, I think we’re in line for some drastic differences...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Fabian Wagner, cinematographer for JL, told fans a couple years ago that Whedon’s theatrical cut contained maybe 10% of what he and Zack shot.

Joss Whedon re-wrote something like 80 pages of script with the final movie being 119 mins. long. In this scenario, as is with most movies to my knowledge, one page is roughly one minute of screen time.

Zack has confirmed his cut was 214 mins. and confirmed more recently at FanDome the ZSJL will be approx. 4 hours via 4 x 1 hour episodes.

So, with this information, I think we’re in line for some drastic differences...
    Agreed, the changes are massive ,as what fans gleaned from the theatrical cut mustache CGI is a clear marker that Superman's entire arc and resurrection may be entirely different, otherwise why would Whedon re-shoot EVERY single Cavill scene?

I think there will be differences... I'm just not as convinced the actual plot will be all that difference.

I think a scene of Batman recruiting Aquaman written by Snyder will potentially have very different dialogue and setting than a scene written by Whedon doing the exact same thing. But it's still a scene with Batman recruiting Aquaman. The tone might be lighter and the dialogue might be funnier, but in the end we're still getting a scene which achieves the exact same result. It'll be different... but I question whether or not it will be DRASTICALLY different to the point where we can justifiably say we have a different plot.

Again, I think the only drastic difference will be entire scenes which exist as build up for sequals which were never made.

But we'll see.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think there will be differences... I'm just not as convinced the actual plot will be all that difference.

I think a scene of Batman recruiting Aquaman written by Snyder will potentially have very different dialogue and setting than a scene written by Whedon doing the exact same thing. But it's still a scene with Batman recruiting Aquaman. The tone might be lighter and the dialogue might be funnier, but in the end we're still getting a scene which achieves the exact same result. It'll be different... but I question whether or not it will be DRASTICALLY different to the point where we can justifiably say we have a different plot.

Again, I think the only drastic difference will be entire scenes which exist as build up for sequals which were never made.

But we'll see.
    Yes, same with Steppenwolf coming down on the Amazons. yeah his design is different, but just from that I'm not seeing how the basics of that scene aren't going to play out broadly the same.

I think we're overall getting a different execution of the plot, not a different broad plot.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's not that I doubt Momoa, in fact I have huge respect for the guy not only as an actor but as an advocate, but its because of that latter fact that I'm not entirely convinced of abuse on set. Momoa had no problem talking about sexism on the set of Game of Thrones while the show was filming and it had a big impact on the later seasons and he was clear and explicit in his criticisms...so why not be as clear now, especially as he's arguably a much bigger star with much more clout than he did then?

I'm not a mind reader, so I can't speak to his reasoning for not being more clear with his message but for me I'll remain skeptical as to whether any real abuse happened because there just hasn't been any real verification.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not that I doubt Momoa, in fact I have huge respect for the guy not only as an actor but as an advocate, but its because of that latter fact that I'm not entirely convinced of abuse on set. Momoa had no problem talking about sexism on the set of Game of Thrones while the show was filming and it had a big impact on the later seasons and he was clear and explicit in his criticisms...so why not be as clear now, especially as he's arguably a much bigger star with much more clout than he did then?

I'm not a mind reader, so I can't speak to his reasoning for not being more clear with his message but for me I'll remain skeptical as to whether any real abuse happened because there just hasn't been any real verification.
    Sometimes it depends on the show or movie in question and who you are talking about.

And what pushback or retaliation you or your friends may or may not get.

Momoa speaking out. Is it REALLY going to hurt him? Look at who his wife and stepdaughter are. You can't help but be vocal with those two. He has a production company with deals for shows and movies.

DC and WB can't hurt him. He could live off Aquaman residuals forever.

Ray does not have any of that. Although the WB can't tell production and studios that they can't hire him no matter how bad they might try. Even if they try we will know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sometimes it depends on the show or movie in question and who you are talking about.

And what pushback or retaliation you or your friends may or may not get.

Momoa speaking out. Is it REALLY going to hurt him? Look at who his wife and stepdaughter are. You can't help but be vocal with those two. He has a production company with deals for shows and movies.

DC and WB can't hurt him. He could live off Aquaman residuals forever.

Ray does not have any of that. Although the WB can't tell production and studios that they can't hire him no matter how bad they might try. Even if they try we will know about it.
    Which is why I find it weird that Momoa didn't say anything explicitly, not only is he a guy known for speaking truth to power and doing it publicly...but he's done it in the past when he had much less clout had more to lose so why be tight lipped now?

Like I said, I'm no mind reader and I don't even know the guy personally so maybe he has good reasons for not being explicit now when he hasn't in the past so I won't ascribe motivations to his actions here(or lack there of) but given that I don't think it's a convincing support of claims of abuse that some seem to think it is.

BANNED

If only 10% of the movie Snyder made got on screen, The Snyder Cut should be a completely different movie. This is not even comparable to X-Men : The Rogue Cut or Watching an Extended version of a Lord of the Rings film.

BANNED

If the movie contained only 10% of Snyder's film, it would have been a violation of union rules for him to get directing credit, let alone top credit.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    If the movie contained only 10% of Snyder's film, it would have been a violation of union rules for him to get directing credit, let alone top credit.
    Yeah, 10% seems way too low. I think the end product will be significantly different than the theatrical cut...but not 90% different.

It's not really about the plot being different in broad strokes; it's about the details and tone being different.

Look at it this way, if theatrical-JL was 2 hours and Snyder Cut JL is 4+ hours, it'll have to be a lot different because we'll be getting an additional 2 hours of story.

So, even if EVERYTHING in theatrical-JL was Snyder's, it would STILL be different.

The Donner cut of Superman II was different than the Lester Cut, but I guarantee the differences between the two JLs will be even more pronounced.

And, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Snydacut4eva!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    'Fisher's contradicting himself. He claims that abuse happened, and is going all in against WB yet we don't know his story and everything he's said or rumored about is small potatoes in Hollywood'

This quote by you proves public opinion is not what will give him legal redress, his lawyers who know the actual claim know whether it really is 'small' or constitutes something big enough not to speak without their legal advice.

My take is I won't claim he is guilty of libel until due process and all legal recourse taken proves different. Your allusion to me too underscores the fact better to give some egregious claim the benefit of doubt and be proved wrong than dismiss it out of hand

Apparently Mark Twain once said
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt'
    The contradictory part is how Fisher is acing like he already dropped the abuse bombshell with his statements when he didn't. This isn't a thing where hiding what really happened helps him with the public, these sort of events occur after the bombshell are dropped. If he hans't got all his duck in a row by now, why is making such a big deal? Why not wait when he has everything in place legally then do this? It looks more like he's improvising than having an actual plan of attack. We don't know what his lawyers know, that's the problem - he expected us all to buy in when he made no claims. He's burning bridges left and right and his credibility as is tanking due to his strange decisions.

Except Fisher isn't being silent.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I don't buy it. At all. The teaser didn't exactly make it look like a different movie and if Whedon did indeed completely remake the film from the ground up, don't you think it would be just a little bit more Whedon-y. How anyone can think Justice League was mostly the work of Joss Whedon, whose work on Buffy, Serenity and Avengers show a very particular authorial voice and style that is, a few quips aside, almost entirely absent here. There is, however, still plenty of Snyder all over the theatrical cut of JL. And this is before you get to the legalities of Snyder taking credit for a film that overwhelmingly wasn't his while Whedon didn't, if that is what happened, which, again, I don't think it is.

What probably changed the most was in the editing room. Whedon had orders to turn the film into something drastically different from what Snyder did but he only he had a couple of months to do it with the release date remaining pretty much unchanged. It makes much more sense that it was vastly recut with a few Whedon scenes thrown in to round it off than completely reshooting 90% of what had already been shot.

I think there's a whole lot of ridiculous mythologizing going on here with Snyder as the noble hero and Whedon (of all people) as the ruthless villain. That kind of pressure possibly did bring out the worst in Whedon but the idea that there's this masterpiece hiding beneath the surface of Whedon's cut of the film is as hilarious to me as ever. I'll watch it out of curiosity but Snyder's a hack who already screwed up 2 DC movies and somehow feels that 4 hours is an acceptable amount of time for a popcorn blockbuster. Does all this sound like the Snyder cut is going to be the Citizen Kane of superhero movies? Give me a break.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.