Page 157 of 211 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3155
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Pretty much. Snyder is just doing his version of the characters. I have always seen it as Elseworlds stories, and that's what this is.

It wasn't, it's initial storyboards (which often get changed a lot before scripts are written). Anyways, from what I have heard, the exhibit was closed off to public as well (so the guy got in somehow supposedly; WB did take it down - on Twitter - immediately).
    well, no comic movie has ever claimed the movie is made to be the exact copy of the main comic universe. We are already fine with elseworlds before Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You can judge it on those terms, but you’re judging a rumor. Nothing in the notes contradicts what’s been said about Snyder’s “original” plans, but no one has confirmed it involved Lois and Bruce having a kid — a romance, yes, but a kid? No one has confirmed that. Also, the notes appear to be Lee’s, but the text is somewhat close to block printing. It could be anyone’s writing. The drawings look like Lee’s, but they’re so rough, it could be someone else’s. Unless someone confirms what they are, factually, verifiably, we don’t know for sure what they are.
    Pretty sure they've been confirmed to be some sort of exhibition to do with the Snyder Cut, that's technically not open to the public til the movie is rekeased

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Pretty much. Snyder is just doing his version of the characters. I have always seen it as Elseworlds stories, and that's what this is.

It wasn't, it's initial storyboards (which often get changed a lot before scripts are written). Anyways, from what I have heard, the exhibit was closed off to public as well (so the guy got in somehow supposedly; WB did take it down - on Twitter - immediately).
    A mainstream movie production is more visible to larger audience's than the comics are. They can't really be an Elseworld since they define what the characters should be like for the mainstream. Its why people assumed the Joker really killed Batmans parents for so long.

This would have defined Superman as a passive object who is easily corrupted and needs Batman to save the world. Its a shitty view of the character, and the fact that we needed five films for him to fully become Superman and THIS was one of the avenues kicked around is madness

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Romance is bad enough. The baby part Is just a cherry on top of that horrible idea
    We don’t factually know these are notes on Snyder’s plans. They could be. There’s a good chance they are. There’s a chance they’re not. There’s also a chance this was proposed and shot down. We don’t factually know exactly what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Pretty sure they've been confirmed to be some sort of exhibition to do with the Snyder Cut, that's technically not open to the public til the movie is rekeased
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It’s Jim Lee art, unmistakably. None of it deviates from plot elements that Snyder has talked about before, and the Batman/Lois thing was confirmed elsewhere. Of course, this is very early stuff from before WB said no to the Batman/Lois romance, so this probably predates the first Justice League script.

In any case, it sure seems like it represents Snyder’s intentions, and people should judge it on those terms.
    I was wrong. It is sourced and confirmed:
    https://bleedingcool.com/movies/zack...equel-jim-lee/

Wow, that is some awful crap. I can’t believe I defend Snyder.

I’ve been re-watching all the Nolan-verse/Snyder-verse films on HBO Max (it really doesn’t start with Snyder, but with Nolan), and there is a serious drop in quality starting with Batman v. Superman. I was so looking forward to the Snyder Cut Justice League, but plodding through Bat v Supes and Suicide Squad have me wondering what I was thinking. Even Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman have awful moments.

Try to watch Rises and attempt NOT to cheer for Bane at least a little, as annoying as that Bane voice is. It’s like, do it, do it, Bane! Blow up Gotham, because these people are fools who deserve it! Send the entire police force into the sewers? Great plan? And that’s Nolan, the alleged good stuff.

Do we need to discuss, really, how bad WW’s fight with Ares is? CGI-by-the-numbers — formulaic!!

Suicide Squad. I don’t... have the words. It’s so bad. It’s so bad, “Big Willie” Smith couldn’t even be bothered to provide a song for it. I bet watching it with the sound off and “Gettin’ Jiggy With It” playing over and over might make for a better viewing experience.

I’m still going to watch the Snyder Cut, but I can’t say I have much enthusiasm for it after watching all the movies in order, and after reading what is now confirmed to have been at least Snyder’s initial plans.

I think what really kills me is Geoff Johns and Jim Lee fully participated in all this crap. Snyder’s not their fault, but at what point do I as a fan look at the awfully bad product DC’s been churning out and just give up on it?

Why is Marvel so good, and DC so bad? I guess this is a question people have been asking since about 1961, with a couple dozen bright spots along the way. Watching all the Snyder/Nolan-verse movies, reading the actual plans Snyder had, and even reading the absolute hash they’re making of the comics, you have to wonder what does DC need to right the ship? I thought it was Snyder, that at least he had ideas, but after watching and reading, I was wrong. Although, I still liked Man Of Steel, and most of the movies have had some good moments. But DC needs some serious direction.

I just don’t know what the direction DC needs is, but I concede it’s not Snyder.

At least it will be interesting to see what AT&T does with DC, though I hate how they’ve laid off so much editorial staff. I hope they have better ideas for its movies.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-06-2021 at 09:14 AM.

I was wrong. It is sourced and confirmed:
    https://bleedingcool.com/movies/zack...equel-jim-lee/

Wow, that is some awful crap. I can’t believe I defend Snyder.

I’ve been re-watching all the Nolan-verse/Snyder-verse films on HBO Max (it really doesn’t start with Snyder, but with Nolan), and there is a serious drop in quality starting with Batman v. Superman. I was so looking forward to the Snyder Cut Justice League, but plodding through Bat v Supes and Suicide Squad have me wondering what I was thinking. Even Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman have awful moments.

Try to watch Rises and attempt NOT to cheer for Bane at least a little, as annoying as that Bane voice is. It’s like, do it, do it, Bane! Blow up Gotham, because these people are fools who deserve it! Send the entire police force into the sewers? Great plan? And that’s Nolan, the alleged good stuff.

Do we need to discuss, really, how bad WW’s fight with Ares is? CGI-by-the-numbers — formulaic!!

Suicide Squad. I don’t... have the words. It’s so bad. It’s so bad, “Big Willie” Smith couldn’t even be bothered to provide a song for it. I bet watching it with the sound off and “Gettin’ Jiggy With It” playing over and over might make for a better viewing experience.

I’m still going to watch the Snyder Cut, but I can’t say I have much enthusiasm for it.

I think what really kills me is Geoff Johns and Jim Lee fully participated in all this crap. Snyder’s not their fault, but at what point do I as a fan look at the awfully bad product DC’s been churning out and just give up on it?

Why is Marvel so good, and DC so bad? I guess this is a question people have been asking since about 1961, with a couple dozen bright spots along the way, but watching all the Snyder/Nolan-verse movies, reading the actual plans Snyder had, and even reading the absolute hash they’re making of the comics, you have to wonder what does DC need to right the ship? I thought it was Snyder, that at least he had ideas, but after watching and reading, I was wrong. Although, I still liked Man Of Steel, and most of the movies have had some good moments. But DC needs some serious direction.

I just don’t know what the direction DC needs is, but I concede it’s not Snyder.

At least it will be interesting to see what AT&T does with DC, though I hate how they’ve laid off so much editorial staff. I hope they have better ideas for its movies.
    Well the next step is apparently to make Superman black. So if you were hoping for a straightforward superhero movie you aren’t going to get it. It could be interesting if done right but I don’t trust JJ or Coates to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well the next step is apparently to make Superman black. So if you were hoping for a straightforward superhero movie you aren’t going to get it. It could be interesting if done right but I don’t trust JJ or Coates to deliver.
    I’m okay with black Superman, except maybe not as written by Coates and produced and directed by JJ. Coates would really need to unleash his angry black man to get me super excited about it. His Black Panther was so... pedestrian, especially compared to some of the character’s previous comics and the movie. Coates’ Captain America is a bit better, but I feel like that maybe because he delved deep into the 60 years of Marvel comics, like Brubaker did. And JJ? No movie franchises are as by-the-numbers boring as Abrams’.

My fear is you’d get a Will Smith or Jamie Foxx Hollywood production, with all the edges ground down into a fine bit of lens flares, courtesy of Abrams. Note that Foxx is a fine actor, but all his action stuff is so stiff, so Hollywood, like Will Smith.

I would like a black Superman, but I want it as directed by Spike Lee and starring Vince Staples or Chief Keef.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-06-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Incredible Member

After reading those script outlines: the only bits I liked:

1) The Injustice League line-up (just swap Ocean-Master for Deathstroke; I don't think Orm would be caught dead working for Surface-Dwellers)
    2) Diana's visions with the Lasso of Truth and her return to the Paradise Island of Themyscira
    3) Flash/ Cyborg team-up
    4) Future-Cyborg powering a Cosmic Threadmill
    3) Getting the League, The GLC, Atlanteans, Amazonians and Earth's miltiary united for the final battle

Everything else... SHUDDER!!!

Why is Marvel so good, and DC so bad? I guess this is a question people have been asking since about 1961, with a couple dozen bright spots along the way.
    Uhh.....what? Since 1961? What are you talking about?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A lot of that first half of the pitch sounded like a bunch of solo movies stitched together.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Uhh.....what? Since 1961? What are you talking about?
    I think it’s a question comics fans have been asking themselves since 1961. Why is Marvel so good and DC so bad?

I don’t think I have an answer, but it’s probably been a consistent question since then, all the way through the Snyderverse/DCEU films, and there’s only been a couple dozen bright spots in those 60 years. It really has been a steady decline for DC.

I think it’s a question comics fans have been asking themselves since 1961. Why is Marvel so good and DC so bad?
    It's mostly that when Marvel does something good, it's instantly recognized and applauded.

When DC does something good (that's not Batman), it gets ignored and no one knows about it, or cares.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    His ambition is bigger than his talent as a writer and storyteller. A lot of people have problems with his movies for a reason.
    He wouldn't be sought out by WB to make movies about their greatest DC pantheon without ambition or talent.People having a problem with a movie especially when it is not a technical but a purely subjective 'didnt hit me in the feels' type 'problem' does not equate to the director having or lacking talent. I've seen an equal amount of folks praising or bashing Tenet by Christopher Nolan ,some saying it's his worst film, or the scope was too ambitious , yet it doesn't mean suddenly Nolan's ambition is bigger than his talent

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    It's mostly that when Marvel does something good, it's instantly recognized and applauded.

When DC does something good (that's not Batman), it gets ignored and no one knows about it, or cares.
    LMAO!!!

Nah, that’s not the issue.

I will still give Snyder this — he has more ideas about a direction for DC than apparently anyone else working at DC/Warner/AT&T.