Page 131 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    That doesn't make it free from criticism.
    I'm unsure why people use this defense as if it does
    There comes a point where if you dislike something at its core, you're criticisms becomes moot. If you don't like RPGs at all for instance, saying you dislike Final Fantasy 7 is kind of a pointless statement. I think its more telling that a lot of anti-Zach Snyder people can't comprehend why people would like his films.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There comes a point where if you dislike something at its core, you're criticisms becomes moot. If you don't like RPGs at all for instance, saying you dislike Final Fantasy 7 is kind of a pointless statement. I think its more telling that a lot of anti-Zach Snyder people can't comprehend why people would like his films.
    Look, people can like what they like in all honesty. Obviously Snyder has his fans and I think everyone with a sensible disposition understands that.

Having said that, I go back to my Rob Zombie comparison. I got into a discussion years ago with his fans in which they were adamant that his Halloween remakes were masterpieces and better than the originals, also explaining their rationales why. However, the general consensus is that they're not very good movies. I think that's also a fair statement to make for Snyder's films even understanding that they have their fans. Heck, Ed Wood has die hard fans!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

These people don't see these films as depressing though and frankly, most of these sorts of criticisms I find of Zack Snyder's work to be exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness, yet a lot of critics treat these points seriously, like if you're asking "Why do people like these depressing movies?" I think you ought to rethink the question.

A lot of Zach Snyder fans really like his attention to cinematography, which a lot of modern blockbuster films ignore. They like that the material is given a serious weight to it, they that symbolic imagery Snyder puts into his work, they like Zack Snyder's personality. There are reasons to like these films.
    Depressing? I wish his film's were just depressing. They're not. They're adolescent, self-serious, grimdark dirges that so fundamentally miss the point of DC's superheroes, you wonder why he wanted to throw his hat in the DCEU ring in the first place.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think they can, or at least some of them can.

Often times it seems to be just as much if not more so the opposite: the Snyder fans cannot comprehend why people dislike the films. Even when it goes into more in depth criticism, it get side stepped in favor of saying the critics are Marvel zombies and Snyder is like the Ingmar Bergman of CBMs or some ****.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Also a lot of reasons not to, as evident by the lackluster response to the first two movies.
    The reason why someone might like something and someone else might hate it are not in themselves not contradictory. The issue is with the anti-Zack Snyder people is that they tend to try and erase the community by appealing to some sort of consensus. Sure, MOS always had a more divisive reaction at launch, but a lot of people still liked that film and as time grows on, more have appreciated it.

I read stuff about the film and I start to get excited, but then I see a trailer and my excitement wanes. It just looks more and more like BvS which, except for a few scenes, I didn't care for at all.

There comes a point where if you dislike something at its core, you're criticisms becomes moot. If you don't like RPGs at all for instance, saying you dislike Final Fantasy 7 is kind of a pointless statement.
    The issue is with the anti-Zack Snyder people is that they tend to try and erase the community by appealing to some sort of consensus.
    This sounds a heck of a lot like somebody saying that if you don't like Snyder, you're opinion doesn't count and you should shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Depressing? I wish his film's were just depressing. They're not. They're adolescent, self-serious, grimdark dirges that so fundamentally miss the point of DC's superheroes, you wonder why he wanted to throw his hat in the DCEU ring in the first place.
    How am I suppose to treat this claim seriously when you're calling MoS grim-dark?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What attention to cinematography?

It doesn't look that different from other modern blockbuster films.
    From what I've seen, most of the fan base just posts stills of his movies, even Snyder himself does it. These people practically worship shot composition, what they like to do is get a program that snapshots films at specific intervals and compare and contrast the glorify of Snyder to whatever most recent Marvel film was released. Snyder does have a talent for making good photos.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-14-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This sounds a heck of a lot like somebody saying that if you don't like Snyder, you're opinion doesn't count and you should shut up.
    I hope not, because then I'd be telling myself to shut up.

If you're not here to talk about the film then you have no reason to post. Those of you focusing on fans or non-fans (and/or each other) need to stop.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wonder if that's Junkie XL or placeholder music (like something from Two Steps From Hell or something). Junkie XL and Ludwig Göransson are the future of film composers, IMO.

But anyway, yes, love it, can't wait.

...where did the $100 million go?

...how does this look worse than the Whedon design? Armored up he looks terrible, out of armor he also looks terrible. God we really are going to have a BvS tier memefest on our hands aren’t we?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

These people don't see these films as depressing though and frankly, most of these sorts of criticisms I find of Zack Snyder's work to be exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness, yet a lot of critics treat these points seriously, like if you're asking "Why do people like these depressing movies?" I think you ought to rethink the question.

A lot of Zach Snyder fans really like his attention to cinematography, which a lot of modern blockbuster films ignore. They like that the material is given a serious weight to it, they that symbolic imagery Snyder puts into his work, they like Zack Snyder's personality. There are reasons to like these films.
    this trailer does not look depressing at all. so many words get thrown around a lot more now. this looks like your standard action comic movie, and you are right about the exaggeration, for me this has always been part of the bad criticism of his movies, no wonder they don't stick for long.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What attention to cinematography?

It doesn't look that different from other modern blockbuster films.
    Actually it looks very different, totally a 180 from Wonder Woman 84 and other bright and fun looking modern blockbuster films.

This looks more like 300-light, which is signature Snyder.

The 'We live in a society' line is trending on Twitter. A lot of people are actually pretty happy about it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I find that Steppenwolf pic oddly hilarious and I can't figure out why. Dude looks like such a goofball.