Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
I guess so, I mean your director has lost his daughter,the least you could do is push the release date and release the movie he made, because it is just wrong to make someone change their own film after all they've invested on the back of such a tragedy.They brought Whedon in , cut the movie into half(with the runtime) ,had him re-shoot 90% of the footage he decided to keep,saw after all that it was a turd and went ahead 'Yeah smile and wave boys just smile and wave' . I'm lost for words , but yeah maybe this whole mess is why we are actually getting the real thing ,God works in mysterious ways.
It's wrong to make him change his film? Studio notes happen in almost almost every movie. Especially if your director turns in a over 4hour film that doubles down on the stuff that got the previous film ripped apart. Doesn't matter what tragedy he's facing they aren't gonna say forget business. The issue is they made dumb choice. Should have either had Wheedon make his own movie. Do whatever you can to cut cost but don't try to make another direct Frankenstein a film. Well we cut 90% of the footage out films some new scenes and added color back to the rest. I don't even get why Wheedon would take that job. A director looking for a big break, sure take it. Any established director should have looked at that and said no thank you. Partly cause it's a no win and partly out of respect for Zach.