Page 156 of 211 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For the money wasted on this-they could have made a TON of new content.

Heck they could have pulled a Power Rangers and bought footage and dubbed a new show for less.

Static Shock Season 5 anybody?

A 6 part Creeper or Manhunter series?

Heck they could have just animated the missing part like the BBC did with Dr Who.

What good is all this when that nasty reality of-folks can do the trial run and then quit the service?

They are going to need at least a million new subscribers to STAY beyond that trial period.

Snyder Cut is not going to eliminate that 150 billion debt. Because there is no incentive for someone to stay beyond that free trial.
    Although I agree that they should have put money toward something else (I think moving on from badly received movies is better than revisiting them, even if I personally like them), I can see why they decided to do this:

1) The fan base was already there (how big it is is debatable), so that means they can build on interest better than they could do for any completely new show.
    2) Covid meant that JL was in a good position because most work could be done without Covid restricting the progress. Also, the fact that most of it was already shot meant they had a relatively quick turnaround, they didn't need to write/cast/shoot a whole new show or movie with the unpredictable lockdowns coming from the pandemic.

And, i could be wrong as I don't live in the US, but from what I know there isn't a free trial for HBO MAX anymore since they announced all movies coming to the streaming service?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    From what I understand, the original plan for the Snyder cut was to release it exactly as it was, unfinished and everything. (And I want to be clear that I don't mean the Justice League movie. I mean the thing people were talking about when they said "release the Snyder cut".)

What I assumed happened after that, was somebody was convinced to give them just a little money in order to finish it, however nobody ever specified what "a little money" or "finish it" actually meant so the whole thing spiraled out of control with Snyder insisting that every little idea he had was crucial to the movie.
    Snyder has said that he refused and basically told them that the $70 million was the price for getting his toxic fans off their backs.

"I was like, 'That’s a no, that’s a hard no,'" Snyder said. "And they’re like, 'But why? You can just put up the rough cut.' I go, 'Here’s why. Three reasons: One, you get the internet off your back, which is probably your main reason for wanting to do this. Two, you get to feel vindicated for making things right, I guess, on some level. And then three, you get a shitty version of the movie that you can point at and go, 'See? It’s not that good anyway. So maybe I was right.'
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...ted-rough-cut/

Quote Originally Posted by Wikix View Post
    I really don't get the Snyder thing. Why was this ever greenlit?

If this was the 3rd or 4th reboot of a JL franchise, I could understand them going for a unique or an unorthodox approach like Snyder's, but we have never gotten this before. Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and all those others, on screen together for the first time ever and you're' giving it to someone who doesn't get it? Who turns it into his very niche fanboy wet dream?

I really hope those leaks aren't real, it would make Snyder even more incompetent than I thought he was, which is an achievement in itself.
    I doubt they thought too hard about it. He was a bankable director who wanted to do it

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I doubt they thought too hard about it. He was a bankable director who wanted to do it
    But that's just it. He wasn't bankable. Movies need their box-office to be twice their budget to make a profit. Commercially Dawn of the Dead did okay, 300 was an undeniable success, Watchmen and that animated Owls-thingy were moderate flops and Sucker Punch was a very, very big flop (and on a sidenote one of the worst/stupidest movies I have ever seen).

Of the 5 movies he made, three lost money, even worse, it happend to the last three films he did before they gave him the DCEU. He is known for having very big ideas which require a huge budget which he's never gonna make back because his following is just too small and his style is too focused on an edgelord-niche to appeal to a large audience. No surprise then that his DC-franchise was a bust because of the same mistakes.

WB had/has no idea what to do with this property and is in permanent damage control. You can't blame Snyder for trying to get the job and wanting to do "his thing", but people thinking that Snyder-movies would ever appeal to a big audience, are paying very little attention.
    Last edited by Wikix; 03-05-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't follow. however I will drop this video You can tell how this whole stuff is all about his work. You dont have to like the film to admire his passion.

Pretty much. Snyder is just doing his version of the characters. I have always seen it as Elseworlds stories, and that's what this is.

I really don't get the Snyder thing. Why was this ever greenlit?

If this was the 3rd or 4th reboot of a JL franchise, I could understand them going for a unique or an unorthodox approach like Snyder's, but we have never gotten this before. Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and all those others, on screen together for the first time ever and you're' giving it to someone who doesn't get it? Who turns it into his very niche fanboy wet dream?

I really hope those leaks aren't real, it would make Snyder even more incompetent than I thought he was, which is an achievement in itself.
    It wasn't, it's initial storyboards (which often get changed a lot before scripts are written). Anyways, from what I have heard, the exhibit was closed off to public as well (so the guy got in somehow supposedly; WB did take it down - on Twitter - immediately).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Man, imagine if Warners had the balls to actually spend those countless millions of dollars to attempt even half of what that those outlines showed. Would love an animated movie or graphic novel drawn by Jim Lee that brought these ideas to fruition.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Keep hearing people talk about Story boards. Then how said boards suggest Lois and Bruce have a baby together? Please tell me someone is trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Keep hearing people talk about Story boards. Then how said boards suggest Lois and Bruce have a baby together? Please tell me someone is trolling?
    They keep getting taken down, apparently. They aren’t storyboards, they are the plot of whatever the last justice league movie was written out by hand, along with some illustrations by Jim Lee.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Snyder's Superman arc:

-Batman beats up Superman and nearly kills him
    -Superman dies at the hands of a monster created by Kryptonian tech (basically the world wouldn't be in danger if his ship hadn't arrived on earth)
    -He's resurrected, becomes a tool of Darkseid and helps him destroy the planet
    -Batman impregnates Lois
    -Batman sacrifices himself and is the big hero, while Superman raises Bruce and Lois' love child

...wow
    I mean clearly, Snyder has a better understanding of Superman than any director before or ever will!

spoilers:
    /s
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

But that's just it. He wasn't bankable. Movies need their box-office to be twice their budget to make a profit. Commercially Dawn of the Dead did okay, 300 was an undeniable success, Watchmen and that animated Owls-thingy were moderate flops and Sucker Punch was a very, very big flop (and on a sidenote one of the worst/stupidest movies I have ever seen).

Of the 5 movies he made, three lost money, even worse, it happend to the last three films he did before they gave him the DCEU. He is known for having very big ideas which require a huge budget which he's never gonna make back because his following is just too small and his style is too focused on an edgelord-niche to appeal to a large audience. No surprise then that his DC-franchise was a bust because of the same mistakes.

WB had/has no idea what to do with this property and is in permanent damage control. You can't blame Snyder for trying to get the job and wanting to do "his thing", but people thinking that Snyder-movies would ever appeal to a big audience, are paying very little attention.
    Actually that's not accurate, and I'm saying this as a staunch Snyder critic.

One of the reasons he got Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and allowed to at least finish filming Justice League was because of his reputation of finishing films fast and under budget. That was reported by many sites at around the time JL bombed and word got out that he was "nicely" fired, allowing Whedon to take over. Not to mention that Christopher Nolan, who was definitely a hot commodity at the time, pushed for him and he was a producer.

Also, Dawn of the Dead was a huge success, making over $100 million on a $25 million budget. For an R rated horror remake with no real star power or major marketing, that's beyond impressive. 300 was of course also a success. Then yes, after that his record gets spotty. Watchmen was divisive and flopped. But I will say it was as good of an adaptation of the material as possible I think and it's viewed more favorably now than it was when it was originally released. So personally I give him a pass on that. Interestingly enough, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was not the flop people think it was, as it performed very well internationally and made $140 million at the box office.

Sucker Punch...yeah, the less said about that the better. Can't defend the film or the box office.

The problem with Snyder isn't that he can't be a good filmmaker. He can when the material matches his style. But he has a very dark and somber perspective on things which for me personally is why he was such a terrible choice for the DCEU. His original plans and how he's portrayed Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman just reinforce that, not to mention him boasting about how his JL will be rated R.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They keep getting taken down, apparently. They aren’t storyboards, they are the plot of whatever the last justice league movie was written out by hand, along with some illustrations by Jim Lee.
    And let’s also get this factual information out there — there is NO confirmation from Jim Lee, Zack Snyder, DC, Warner or AT&T that these notes represent Zack’s plot for any Justice League movie. Whatever those scribbles are, they are VERY rough. They are NOT storyboards, or a script, or even a real outline. They’re scribbles and notes from goodness’ knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    And let’s also get this factual information out there — there is NO confirmation from Jim Lee, Zack Snyder, DC, Warner or AT&T that these notes represent Zack’s plot for any Justice League movie. Whatever those scribbles are, they are VERY rough. They are NOT storyboards, or a script, or even a real outline. They’re scribbles and notes from goodness’ knows what.
    It’s Jim Lee art, unmistakably. None of it deviates from plot elements that Snyder has talked about before, and the Batman/Lois thing was confirmed elsewhere. Of course, this is very early stuff from before WB said no to the Batman/Lois romance, so this probably predates the first Justice League script.

In any case, it sure seems like it represents Snyder’s intentions, and people should judge it on those terms.

Welp glad we are never gonna see that. Alot of his artistic choices I don't like in the DCEU. But that one is a different level of wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It’s Jim Lee art, unmistakably. None of it deviates from plot elements that Snyder has talked about before, and the Batman/Lois thing was confirmed elsewhere. Of course, this is very early stuff from before WB said no to the Batman/Lois romance, so this probably predates the first Justice League script.

In any case, it sure seems like it represents Snyder’s intentions, and people should judge it on those terms.
    You can judge it on those terms, but you’re judging a rumor. Nothing in the notes contradicts what’s been said about Snyder’s “original” plans, but no one has confirmed it involved Lois and Bruce having a kid — a romance, yes, but a kid? No one has confirmed that. Also, the notes appear to be Lee’s, but the text is somewhat close to block printing. It could be anyone’s writing. The drawings look like Lee’s, but they’re so rough, it could be someone else’s. Unless someone confirms what they are, factually, verifiably, we don’t know for sure what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You can judge it on those terms, but you’re judging a rumor. Nothing in the notes contradicts what’s been said about Snyder’s “original” plans, but no one has confirmed it involved Lois and Bruce having a kid — a romance, yes, but a kid? No one has confirmed that. Also, the notes appear to be Lee’s, but the text is somewhat close to block printing. It could be anyone’s writing. The drawings look like Lee’s, but they’re so rough, it could be someone else’s. Unless someone confirms what they are, factually, verifiably, we don’t know for sure what they are.
    Romance is bad enough. The baby part Is just a cherry on top of that horrible idea