Page 88 of 211 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3155
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    Absolutely true. Cyborg has capabilities that Superman does not. So does Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash (when Flash and Superman are written properly) and Aquaman.

A good JL script will find a way for each hero to showcase why the day couldn't be won without the whole team.
    Not in movies shy under 3 hours. there would not be enough time to showcase story telling or plot and then legitimate reasons for CGI fest but at the same time this is why Snyder's cut sounds interesting. it is divided into parts.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-14-2020 at 08:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not saying they're helpless without him... I'm saying they're redundent with him. There's a difference.
    Nope, I think both arguments are wrong. it depends on the writer. external universe writing, superman can remain helpless at anytime if the writers decided someone has kyptonite. there are also many other adaptions wonder woman comes off as more valuable to the team than Superman as a physical fighter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nope, I think both arguments are wrong. it depends on the writer. external universe writing, superman can remain helpless at anytime if the writers decided someone has kyptonite. there are also many other adaptions wonder woman comes off as more valuable to the team than Superman as a physical fighter.
    It's false that Kryptonite has been the only way to weaken Superman, he's not invulnerable without it. Enough physical force, magic, aliens species (The Black Mercy) and sufficient technology should do the job. This is why making him invincible and Kryptonite his only weakness make him boring as a character.

Okay, FINALLY we're getting some unequivocal support for Ray Fisher from both Jason Momoa and the actress who played Iris in the cutscenes.

Jason really goes on the attack in favor of Ray Fisher, but I wish this had happened sooner because it was hard to understand how much of this was real and how much of it was Fisher being upset that his suggestions to Whedon weren't adopted.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-j...h-y-treatment/

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Momoa Instagram
    "THIS **** HAS TO STOP AND NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT." "@ray8fisher AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO EXPERIENCED WHAT HAPPEN UNDER THE WATCH OF @wbpictures NEEDS PROPER INVESTIGATION."

I just think it's fucked that people released a fake Frosty (the Snowman) announcement without my permission to try to distract from Ray Fisher speaking up about the shitty way we were treated on Justice League reshoots.

Serious stuff went down. It needs to be investigated and people need to be held accountable. #IStandWithRayFisher. aloha j.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFIevynjCfZ/

Apparently, Warners released an announcement that Jason Momoa was going to be playing Frosty the Snowman in an upcoming movie, and Momoa calls it fake and that it was done to distract from Fisher's claims. Momoa stops short of accusing Warners of dangling a movie in front of him to cause a rift between him and Fisher, but it makes sense that, if all the accusations of a Warner coverup are true, that maybe Warners was trying to keep Momoa in line.

OK, now I'm officially interested and want further developments (read: specifics).

I think now that Momoa has really put himself out there for Fisher, Warners has lots of incentive to clear this whole thing up so that it can die down before next year's premiere of the Snydercut.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 09-14-2020 at 07:24 PM.

BANNED

Big bad guy wants to destabilize Earth by destroying most sea life with sonic shock waves resonating of the ocean floor. Aquaman summons Atlantean forces to protect the sea life. Cyborg prepares a sonic wave device on his arm to neutralize the bad guys season. Batman directs Flash and Wonder Woman to use high speed winds to substitute the bad guy, while dealing with henchmen. Superman rescues a continent by stabilizing an undersea mountain with super strength damaged in the battle.

In this scenario, virtually anyone could deliver the final blow, but I would imagine a combination of heat vision, sonic waves, a man infiltrating the headquarters by vibrating through the walls, a magic lasso, and a tidal wave.

Is this plot movie-worthy? No, but it's the effort of 5 minutes of thought. Completely plausible, and could be told in 120 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Okay, FINALLY we're getting some unequivocal support for Ray Fisher from both Jason Momoa and the actress who played Iris in the cutscenes.

Jason really goes on the attack in favor of Ray Fisher, but I wish this had happened sooner because it was hard to understand how much of this was real and how much of it was Fisher being upset that his suggestions to Whedon weren't adopted.

Apparently, Warners released an announcement that Jason Momoa was going to be playing Frosty the Snowman in an upcoming movie, and Momoa calls it fake and that it was done to distract from Fisher's claims. Momoa stops short of accusing Warners of dangling a movie in front of him to cause a rift between him and Fisher, but it makes sense that, if all the accusations of a Warner coverup are true, that maybe Warners was trying to keep Momoa in line.

OK, now I'm officially interested and want further developments (read: specifics).

I think now that Momoa has really put himself out there for Fisher, Warners has lots of incentive to clear this whole thing up so that it can die down before next year's premiere of the Snydercut.
    Well, this definately got a bit more interesting.

I almost feel a little bad for Snyder as all this drama is somewhat hijacking the thunder his release is getting. But if the claims about abuse are legit, WB definately needs to be called on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Yea also saw something where Ray Fisher claimed the investigator tried to get him to throw Whedon fully under the bus and leave Jeff John's out of it. Until Fisher or Mamoa say what actually happened, I still don't know what to make of this. There is alot of gross things a director or producer can do thats still not abuse though. Mamoa too important to WBs hes safe but if your gonna come out that hard why not just say what happened? Guess lawyers could be saying to remain tight lipped. But iono to artists being cut out of the Artistic process and told your opinion doesn't matter. Just shut up and read the lines could be Abuse and unacceptable. But its not really abuse. So sounds like this investigation isn't really going anywhere if Fisher isn't cooperating and from his pov the investigator is just trying to protect John's and Wbs. Maybe after Mamoa throws some of that Billion dollar weight around they will bring in a new investigator.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm sorry but Warner Brother inventing a whole film just to distract people and to discredit Ray Fisher is actually some really shady sh*t. Like what the hell is up with that?

And how are people supposed to feel about the Snyder Cut now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm sorry but Warner Brother inventing a whole film just to distract people and to discredit Ray Fisher is actually some really shady sh*t. Like what the hell is up with that?

Ray Fisher has been supportive of and excited for the Snyder cut release. I don’t see why anyone should feel differently about it if they were already interested to see it.

It's downright absurd. It's the kind of thing that you don't go public with until the person you're supposedly bribing agrees to it before you go public

They announced that Momoa was voicing Frosty the Snowman on July 1st. What does this have to do with Ray Fisher?

I'm maintaining the same level of morbid curiosity with the Snyder Cut that I used to. I have HBO anyway, so its not like I'd have to make much of an effort to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Ray Fisher has been supportive of and excited for the Snyder cut release. I don’t see why anyone should feel differently about it if they were already interested to see it.
    Won't effect the people who really want to see it. But it might have an effect on the more casual viewer if it motivates to not support WB in general over their behavior, IF you believe in said allegations in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Won't effect the people who really want to see it. But it might have an effect on the more casual viewer if it motivates to not support WB in general over their behavior, IF you believe in said allegations in the first place.
    As far as I know Joss Whedon has a track record of not being the most upstanding dude. His silence on the matter also says a lot. Ray Fisher and Momoa haven’t gone into much detail about what happened (understandably) but I’m inclined to believe them when they say that their treatment on the set wasn’t good. But WB is a big company and it seems odd to me to not support them over the actions of a small part of it. Ofc people will do what they want but I’m skeptical it’ll have much impact on people wanting to see the Snyder cut. All of the controversy will probably just make people want to see it even more to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    As far as I know Joss Whedon has a track record of not being the most upstanding dude. His silence on the matter also says a lot. Ray Fisher and Momoa haven’t gone into much detail about what happened (understandably) but I’m inclined to believe them when they say that their treatment on the set wasn’t good.
    Treatment not being good is nowhere near the same things as being abusive. I still haven't heard anything worse than Whedon being a jerk and a lot of bosses are jerks. It's not a huge deal.

As for why Whedon hasn't said anything... why does he need to? Getting into an arguing match with a guy that hasn't actually raised any real complaints would be pointless.

Ofc people will do what they want but I’m skeptical it’ll have much impact on people wanting to see the Snyder cut. All of the controversy will probably just make people want to see it even more to be honest.
    To be honest, I didn't want to see it to begin with, but I've gone past that to not wanting to see Fisher in anything.

This just reads weird to me. The movie was announced months ago and Momoa never seemed like he was even backing anything Fisher said. Him suddenly coming out and accusing them of making up a movie and trying to drive a wedge between them seem odd.

And if they were just going to dangle something in front of him, why Frosty the Snow man? That's not exactly a huge star vehicle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Treatment not being good is nowhere near the same things as being abusive. I still haven't heard anything worse than Whedon being a jerk and a lot of bosses are jerks. It's not a huge deal.

As for why Whedon hasn't said anything... why does he need to? Getting into an arguing match with a guy that hasn't actually raised any real complaints would be pointless.

To be honest, I didn't want to see it to begin with, but I've gone past that to not wanting to see Fisher in anything.

This just reads weird to me. The movie was announced months ago and Momoa never seemed like he was even backing anything Fisher said. Him suddenly coming out and accusing them of making up a movie and trying to drive a wedge between them seem odd.

And if they were just going to dangle something in front of him, why Frosty the Snow man? That's not exactly a huge star vehicle.
    Maybe that is what actually pissed Momoa off that they claimed he was part of a film on their slate ,when he wasn't.I mean he probably was not privy to specific career threats to Ray, so he kept out of that but in general terms as a more seasoned actor than Ray he is definitely aware what constitutes industry ethics and professionalism and lack thereof.So he may have known how Whedon and Geoff acted, and if he sensed WB was forcing the issue by pegging him to film he was not part of, he definitely could see it as a pr move that had nothing to do with his own interest.If I were in his shoes I'd feel the same way.You can't make statements for me especially if they are flat out lies